CryoDude's 2nd Indoor Grow - Kush Time

cryodude

OK, since i just finished cleaning up my first grow, i have gotten my screens adjusted and have set the next little guys in place.

Plants: 2 Cataract Kushes and 1 Vanilla Kush

Lighting: 6 200w Advanced LED DS 200's run on 220v. running 16 hrs light for 2 weeks of veg, then 13/11 in flower.

Containers: 5 gal Geopots this time, tan with handles.

Soil: Ideal 420 soil from back east. a commercially available high brix soil that requires absolutely nothing unless you use their enzyme product in watering. It's not cheap, but if it works as advertised, so simple to use. We'll know in about 11 weeks....

CO2: set up and running at 1000-1500 ppm through 1st 4 weeks flower, then at 500-850 till last two weeks, then off or just enough to maintain 400ppm to chop.

Ok, here are a few shots of the little guys sitting in the flower area but under veg until probably 15 or so of March. I want to be sure to get them plenty of room above the screen this time. I want 6-8 inches over the screen before i flip them for the stack and stretch. Hoping to have about 18" above screen this time. Shooting for 24-36 colas per plant this go around. Might be difficult with the vanilla kush as it was so crowded out and covered up by the cataract kushes that it's stunted and spindly as hell. Hoping 2 good weeks of veg and the co2 will pop that little guy right up.

Since i start seedlings or my clones way before they hit the flower area, here is a little time line of these little guys. I got them nov 26th and they sat in their little tiny pots for a couple of weeks. I then transplanted them to 1/2 gal containers for like another 2 weeks then stuck them in their 5 gal pots.. probably should have waited since they had to veg for so long up until now.

this first shot is all 3 of them on Nov 26th 2013.

CK_1_2_and_VK_11-28-13_clone_babies.JPG

These next two are the cataract kushes and the 3rd is the vanilla kush, notice the bending and tie wire at the bases to hold them steady. I start training them really young to end up with bushes since i don't want the height really in my room.

CK_2_11-28-13.jpg
CK_1_11-28-13.jpg
Vanilla_kush_11-28-13.jpg

These next picts are training sessions in progress. at this point they are now in the little 1/2 gal containers fro about 2 weeks and the 3rd shot is them after they are in their 5 gal pots for about 2-3 weeks also. Time line is 12-22-13 to 1 -7-2014.

vanilla_kush_12-22-13.JPG
Cataract_Kushes_12-22-13.JPG
all_the_kushes_in_5_gal_pots_1-7-14.jpg

OK these next shots are at the time i moved them into the flower room on 3-1-14. You can see how tiny the vanilla is because my 2 2.5 veg area was way too small for plants to be in 5 gal pots. I should have used 1 gal transplant geopots for this. they would have been fine for like 4-5 weeks and then stuck them in the big pots. oh well learned a good lesson there.

these two shots are the poor little vanilla kush, it got totally overgrown by the cataracts in the veg area. sure hope a couple weeks of serious veg bring it up to be decent.

Vanilla_Kush_spindly_lil_thing_3-1-14.jpg
V_Kush_top_shot_3-1-14.JPG

these next 4 shots are the cataract kushes and they are giants compared to the vanilla kush. couple weeks of veg should turn these into monsters. well i hope so anyhow.

Cataract_kush_2_60_days_veg_3-1-14.jpg
Cat_Kush_2_top_shot_3-1-14.JPG
Cataract_kush_1_60_days_veg_3-1-14.JPG
Cat_kush_1_top_view_3-1-14.JPG

well that catches me up for now. I'll post some info and more shots in a few days to see how they are acclimating to the newer more intense light. They vegged under an advanced DS100 in their little chamber so these lights are no different, just twice the power and and 2 lights per plant.

Re: CRYODUDE'S 2nd indoor grow, Kush time

Hey man its looking good in there can't wait for some updates! :thumb:

Yuppers M1dragonace, thanks for stopping by! i have a little update coming. Haven't taken any new picts, need to do that tonight. Things are filling in a bit. been finishing my cleaning and such for the grow i just completed last week.

Scrog looks great. Happy Growing

Howdy CO, good to cya and thanks for stopping by here again! ya i am getting the hang of the screen. i will veg these 3 to get at least 24-30 shoots from the cataract kushes at least 6-8" above the screen and then flip em. I was doing some trimming on those two past couple of days, trying to clean the crap underneath off earlier this time. I've left the vanilla alone for now. it needs all the leaves it has until it starts filling in more. picts will show that in the next day or two that things are getting better for it.

Re: Good Luck Brother!

In on this one too brother, hoping to learn from and with you!

:peace: & Blessings

Thanks ProperGreen , yup I think this is going to be a fun one. I am using that new fancy dan high bris type soil from back east. Have been veggie' those 3 kushes since Friday after Xmas. they each have 2/3cf in the 5 gal pots, and that is, even using CO2 for veg and beginning of flowering there is enough nutrients in the soil along with beneficials, and everything else for like 6 months with nothing but water unless you use their only other product, a bio-stimulant for the organics in the soil. I'm gonna see if it was worth $35 per plant in soil and that enzyme product. My buddy in Washington who turned me on to this swears with good producing strains, that at 8 weeks veg expect min of 8-9 oz per plant and with 10 weeks veg you can push 3/4 lb. that just seems amazing to me cause there isn't that much soil volume. But this scientifically engineered soil is supposed to be the cats meow for weed. I'm really happy with the growth on the two cataract kushes, and even the poor vanilla kush that got swallowed up by the other two in the veg cabinet is spreading out really nice. I should grab a few shots and stick em up tomorrow.

One Of The Main Reason I Want To Follow This Grow! Other Than Watching You Progress!

Thanks ProperGreen , yup I think this is going to be a fun one. I am using that new fancy dan high bris type soil from back east. Have been veggie' those 3 kushes since Friday after Xmas. they each have 2/3cf in the 5 gal pots, and that is, even using CO2 for veg and beginning of flowering there is enough nutrients in the soil along with beneficials, and everything else for like 6 months with nothing but water unless you use their only other product, a bio-stimulant for the organics in the soil. I'm gonna see if it was worth $35 per plant in soil and that enzyme product. My buddy in Washington who turned me on to this swears with good producing strains, that at 8 weeks veg expect min of 8-9 oz per plant and with 10 weeks veg you can push 3/4 lb. that just seems amazing to me cause there isn't that much soil volume. But this scientifically engineered soil is supposed to be the cats meow for weed. I'm really happy with the growth on the two cataract kushes, and even the poor vanilla kush that got swallowed up by the other two in the veg cabinet is spreading out really nice. I should grab a few shots and stick em up tomorrow.

Very nice brother!

Seeing how that Ideal 420 soil performs is one of the main reasons that I'd like to watch this grow brother!
Other than watching you produce another bountiful crop!
In looking at the product on their website Nutrient Rich Organic Potting Soil - 1.5 Cubic Foot Bag - Ideal 420 Soil, the 1st thing I noticed was the cost, and at $49.99 per cubic foot, it sure as hell better perform!
In looking at the partial ingredient list Custom Blend Program, it does look really good tho.
These guys do what we all do as organics farmers for the most part, which is mix up a water only soil mix.
The labtest here Lab Test also look VERY promising, but I wonder what the control mix was? I hope that this soil surpasses all expectations that you might have for sure. Anything less you need to leave them be lol, and get to mixing your own for much cheaper. But before I carry on, I'll hold my tongue, and just sit back and watch.

But hey, at least you can look at it like an investment you know, since you can recycle it and reuse it again!

Looking forward to watching you work brother.

:peace: & Blessings.

Yuppers M1dragonace, thanks for stopping by! i have a little update coming. Haven't taken any new picts, need to do that tonight. Things are filling in a bit. been finishing my cleaning and such for the grow i just completed last week.

Nice man cant wait, got some going myself but they just tiny things ATM lol but the weeks go fast when you work alot.

Have a good day/night everyone!:goodjob:

Re: One Of The Main Reason I Want To Follow This Grow! Other Than Watching You Progre

Very nice brother!

Seeing how that Ideal 420 soil performs is one of the main reasons that I'd like to watch this grow brother!
Other than watching you produce another bountiful crop!
In looking at the product on their website Nutrient Rich Organic Potting Soil - 1.5 Cubic Foot Bag - Ideal 420 Soil, the 1st thing I noticed was the cost, and at $49.99 per cubic foot, it sure as hell better perform!
In looking at the partial ingredient list Custom Blend Program, it does look really good tho.
These guys do what we all do as organics farmers for the most part, which is mix up a water only soil mix.
The labtest here Lab Test also look VERY promising, but I wonder what the control mix was? I hope that this soil surpasses all expectations that you might have for sure. Anything less you need to leave them be lol, and get to mixing your own for much cheaper. But before I carry on, I'll hold my tongue, and just sit back and watch.

But hey, at least you can look at it like an investment you know, since you can recycle it and reuse it again!

Looking forward to watching you work brother.

:peace: & Blessings.

Yup Proper, i know its not cheap and i've been making supersoil for years myself, that last grow as a new version and an experiment since i'd not grown indoors or used CO2 as well. I should have made it a bit hotter because of the co2. but i really think if this ideal stuff works out really well, it's not really going to be that much more, and the greatest thing about it is you can plant clones directly in it to root, plant seeds for germination in it, so while it is hot so to speak in the amount of nutrients in it, it's not hot to the plant at all even babies brand new which was never an option for my home made version. And no 45-60 day composting period and storage for all of it. So i am excited to see how this works out.

Re: And Just Wanted To Say That Microbe Organics Is Back! Just In Time For Kush Time!

So do yourself a favor as an organic farmer, and make yourself familiar with it brother!

Microbe Organics

:peace: & Blessings!

Ps, I went ahead and saved it "as", just to be sure I have it incase it ever goes down again!

with my bad shoulder(s) not having to shovel it over and over is nice too.. the space savings and not waiting are even better.. I am gonna go out and shoot a few shots of the new guys in that new soil.. I notice that with their enzyme product that it is really hot stuff.. i needed to dilute it like 50% more than it called for cause i keep getting burn spots in the next day or two that i use it each time. So i am splitting the dosage weekly in 1/2 and using it both times i water every 3-4 days now. if i continue to have issues i'll cut it back more. and then just stop using it.. i must say the growth with the soil and the CO2 is really good.. it's been 10 days today since i stuck em under the big lights and they are just loving life!!!

Nice man cant wait, got some going myself but they just tiny things ATM lol but the weeks go fast when you work alot.

Have a good day/night everyone!:goodjob:

Yes the do M1.. it is amazing that you are watching them daily and then at a certain point they just take off and don't look back, and i think for this grow that will be this coming week.. and then the week after, flip time again. i need to get some more seeds or cuttings going for the next grow even though these won't be done until about the 1st week of june. so that will put the next crop at around labor day with luck!!

ok mini update time for me... here are a few picts of the little kush bushes 10 days into veg in the big room. granted its been almost 10 weeks since they went into their big pots and veggie' under a small 100w full spectrum led. they are really acclimating to their new larger space. And you might be able to see those burn spots on some of the newer fan leaves on the cataract kushes, more so than the vanilla kush that is really starting to catch up with the two cataracts.. it should be ready for the flip around the 21-23 of the month.

OK so these picts are 10 days into veg of about 3 weeks total in the big room under the big lights. the two bigger bushier plants are the cataract kushes and the not quite spindly plant now is the vanilla kush, making a strong come back after being buried under the cataract's in my mini veg area. Actually the pict order will be cataract #1 3 shots, then 3 shots of #2 and 3 shots of the vanilla kush.

Cant wait to see how they are the start of next week.

cataract_1_top_view_3-10-14.JPG
Cataract_1_week2_veg_3-10-14.JPG
cataract_1_base_3-10-14.JPG
cataract_2_top_view_3-10-14.JPG
cataract_2_2_weeks_veg_3-10-14.JPG
cat_2_base_shot_3-10-14.JPG
vanilla_kush_front_shot_3-10-14.JPG
vanilla_kush_2nd_week_veg_3-10-14.JPG
vanilla_kush_base_shot_3-10-14.JPG

till we meet again next week........or sooner maybe.. who knows.. maybe the shadow knows.. i need another bong hit hahahaha!!

Lookin good man they will be monsters, Yeah mine are only 5 days old but my race horse Blue OG has 4 nodes and 5th set of leaves pretty much formed. She a fast grower!

Cant wait to see how this scrog turns out! good luck!

Thanks for the kind words, best of luck on your grow too!! Mine aren't shooting up like i wanted, still filling out across and lower nodes growing up. Going to have to do some serious plant work to get things heading where i want them.

Thanks for the kind words, best of luck on your grow too!! Mine aren't shooting up like i wanted, still filling out across and lower nodes growing up. Going to have to do some serious plant work to get things heading where i want them.

A little extra Veg time never hurt any cannabis ;) They will get where you want em! just keep pluggin away man.

How do you like the Advanced Leds? How well do you think they compare to HPS. Thank You Ketinkrad

Hey ketinkrad, thanks for dropping by. I 'd say not having ever used the hi-temp MH-CMH-HPS bulbs that i can't give a real comparison on actual growth. The advanced LED's are really awesome in veg and when i flipped em to flower, i was very happy. i had 23 ounces off my 3 plants last grow and they only vegged for a little over 3 weeks before i flipped them. The strains were ones i haven't grown before but given flower time, veg time and end result yield. i'd saw they rock. No bulb changing, no extra cooling for the bulbs/hoods. I am averaging around 100 a month in e;ectrical, but i am running over 1500 watts of lights in 3 area, (2 very small) but still with the dehumidifier, the ac/healing unit that runs non-stop for air flow and temp control, my room stays 63-66 at night and 75-78 during lights on and the carbon filter that goes 24/7 and same with the 6 fans i use for air movement i am happy. if i was only using a couple of the lights in a 3x4 area i'd use the ac probably just to maintain room temp at not over 78 degrees.

Never going to be changing bulbs. These lights will probably run perfectly through 2020 and then it will be time to upgrade and replace them. The Advanced LED's rock and i am using their original technology lights. they have 2 newer ones now, although they still sell the ones i use. I will be upgrading to the xml series as i need to replace my old ones. However, according to Kyle at Advanced, the light spectrums are a bit different and they don't recommend mixing the diamond series with the xml diamond series. If i do try one of the newer ligths it will be a small one (150) and use in my 2x2.5 veg cabinet. I haven't seen anything lately about the newest lights that advanced was building, the ARC series with 50w cree white/red/blue chips. I'll go by and check their website and see if they have updated them.

oh an on my grow here, everything is coming along find. I just flipped these guys on March 31st so with luck next week i will see the first buds coming up on the kush plants. I';ll try to get some picts up soon.

Back
Top Bottom