CTLeotattoo420 Soil Good Shit Amnesia Express Rona Lockdown 2020 Debut Grow

it 20200326_160037.jpg20200326_160025.jpg20200326_160037.jpg20200326_160025.jpg
First off, vlear this up for me...I took the advice of someone who told me to keep them in the dark, and that I won't need to put them in the tent until I see a second set of leaves on them. Is this bad advice.
They have been in the dark under a hood and on top of a heating pad. The tent needs to be completed and I was hoping these could hold off on needing to be in there until the weekend. But I will get on it if necessary. I have them under a flourescent light right now. Took the hood off. It seemed like they were getting close to it. Is that all ok to do?

First off, the good news is that you've learned that your advice is no longer advice anymore. That was bad advice to keep them covered. The light should have been on all along. Because there was no light they stretched. Now you have 2 options. Hope that they don't stretch anymore or scrap them and start again. If you keep them there will be alot of stem underground when you replant in a taller pot.
:passitleft:

I'm only the newliest of noobs myself at the moment, but one of the things I do to keep the humidity up a bit in my room is to keep containers of water, with open tops (I use watering cans actually since they are what I had on hand, but probably any liquid holding container/dish would work) It brings the rh up as much as 8-10% according to my little digital hygrometer. There are likely better methods but can't beat it for simple.

I'm only the newliest of noobs myself at the moment, but one of the things I do to keep the humidity up a bit in my room is to keep containers of water, with open tops (I use watering cans actually since they are what I had on hand, but probably any liquid holding container/dish would work) It brings the rh up as much as 8-10% according to my little digital hygrometer. There are likely better methods but can't beat it for simple.
I tried that, smaller nozel bottle tho. Numbers didnt really move. Maybe Ill go back to it.

First off, the good news is that you've learned that your advice is no longer advice anymore. That was bad advice to keep them covered. The light should have been on all along. Because there was no light they stretched. Now you have 2 options. Hope that they don't stretch anymore or scrap them and start again. If you keep them there will be alot of stem underground when you replant in a taller pot.
I am going to run with them and see how it goes. and do it right with two seeds in the SpringAutoFlowerChallenge.

But yes, deep planted in pot. Got it.

:passitleft:

OMG the fact that those things are not pinched off already are a huge win! I'd be tempted to get them into pots with the stem buried a bit. But I also go by the Doritos motto, "don't worry, we'll make more". Get them standing on their own before you do anything about anything is my humble opinion. Looks like you've licked the light issue anyway those are big enough to soak up some good rays. CHeers mate, gl! :yahoo:

The part in quotes is from the manufacturer. He is talking about distance from light to plant.
Just looking at the stretch of the seedlings it's obvious you need to drop those lights a little closer. I don't know what the manufacturer is recommending but from what I see you should drop those lights a little closer and try to support those seedlings so they won't fall over or bury the stem further into the medium.

I would increase power to 100%. This is quite strange. We have never seen stretching like that at 50% power.

As others mentioned, transplant and bury the stem for added support.

I would increase power to 100%. This is quite strange. We have never seen stretching like that at 50% power.

As others mentioned, transplant and bury the stem for added support.

It's not a light problem that caused it to stretch. Advice was given to leave them in the dark until the second set of leaves. Well this is what has happened. The seedling just kept stretching for light because there was none. No light means it doesn't stop stretching. Lesson learned, moving on.

It's not a light problem that caused it to stretch. Advice was given to leave them in the dark until the second set of leaves. Well this is what has happened. The seedling just kept stretching for light because there was none. No light means it doesn't stop stretching. Lesson learned, moving on.
Should have known better. I DID know better. But this person is an experienced veggie gardener, so I listened. That same person told me the carboard type small pots they are in can go directly into the bigger pot when I do that(when to do that?) I am reluctant to take advice from this person again, but if the paper will break down and it CAN go into soil and WILL break down, tell me that please.

Should have known better. I DID know better. But this person is an experienced veggie gardener, so I listened. That same person told me the carboard type small pots they are in can go directly into the bigger pot when I do that(when to do that?) I am reluctant to take advice from this person again, but if the paper will break down and it CAN go into soil and WILL break down, tell me that please.
Like others said repot them and Bury as much of the stem as possible. The cardboard can go into soil. When I used them I tore them away.

it CAN go into soil

They don't break down that fast and seem pretty thick to me. I pop them out myself, I want to see what the roots look like and loosen up the compressed dirt/roots before I put them in their next house. This is pot #2 of three. Think I left it a bit long there?

IMG_20190419_180247808.jpg

Oh my bad. Missed that entirely. got tagged in and thought there was a light problem. Glad it wasnt the light. I reconfirmed par readings last night with mine.

Back
Top Bottom