Cuban Knight Anole

Mr. Krip

Product Reviewer
420 Staff
CUBAN KNIGHT ANOLE IN ONE OF MY FIG TREES

We get a lot of lizards here and this one, though not uncommon, is fairly rare to see since it camouflages itself so well against the green foliage. It's called a "Cuban Knight Anole" and, I'm pretty sure, was checking to see if my grapes are ripe, yet, since I'm always catching them in my grapes! :rolleyes:

It is very cool-looking, though!

View media item 1695679
View media item 1695676
View media item 1695675
View media item 1695673
View media item 1695674
Happy Harvests!

K

That's a cool looking lil' dude! I'm sure they love the grapes - does this kind also eat bugs & flies or is it a Herbivore?

That's a cool looking lil' dude! I'm sure they love the grapes - does this kind also eat bugs & flies or is it a Herbivore?

Taken from: Knight Anole facts, diet, characteristics, habitat, venom, bite, care,

The diet of the species is including mainly of insects while young. It species mostly eats invertebrates (mostly snails and insects) as an adult, but regularly take fruits and can function as a seed dispersers. They may also take small vertebrates prey such as small birds and reptiles. But it is noticed that they are less frequently than several other anole species.

Knight-anole.jpg

Back
Top Bottom