Cultivators - 18000W - Coco - Hydro

Welcome .

Hydro is my prefrench, especially on large set ups. It's clean, no soil or media to dispose of, it's fast, simple and get the most bud. However, I always get my best results in coco. I never ever have note issues, ph issues or other probs associated with hydro. I'd say coco is most user friendly and I get better quality from that. I never ever grow in soil any more. Had a spell using super soil and it was fantastic but numbers dripped to 12oz per light average which is half my usual amount and it was a lot of hassle mixing soil.

Remember coco is basically hydro too. I use run to waste. I find water usage between recirculating hydro and run to waste to be very similar to be honest, slightly more with run to waste but not huge difference.

Hi and thanks for the warm welcome. If you don't mind- how would you compare your water usage with coco run to waste, with your water usage using soil? I'm going to switch to hydro but have potential water shortage issues and (with no hydro experience) get the sense that coco run to waste would use double or more what I'm using now in sunshine mix. (?)

Hi and thanks for the warm welcome. If you don't mind- how would you compare your water usage with coco run to waste, with your water usage using soil? I'm going to switch to hydro but have potential water shortage issues and (with no hydro experience) get the sense that coco run to waste would use double or more what I'm using now in sunshine mix. (?)

I'd say it's about a little more than soil as coco drys out faster, obviously depends on ur soil mix but in general coCo will use more water. It depends what size pots, how many lights etc on what u will use. I only use small pots unless it's for mothers. So i'll flower in 7 litre or 10 litre pots. I use approx 1 litre of water per plant per day until I flush, then I put approx 20 litres through each plant as a one off.

So here is a look at the 2nd room.

Right now there's only 6 600w dual spec hps running as it is vegging but i'll be adding another 4 600w hps as they get ready to flower. I just add more cool tubes in to the line.

2 10in rvk fans are extracting the room, 1 per line. 1 fan would have done the job at this time of year but it's set up to run through summer also. I don't use air conditioning so need lots air cooling in summer.

There is a 24 pot alien flood and drain system with a 350 litre tank. Tank would be fine running 200 litres though. I use the bigger tank as it makes nute mix more stable and don't get big fluctuations in ph/Ec. Pots are 10 litres. Also I have 25 coco plants in 7litre pots.

Had a nightmare in this space from day 1 really. My partner is brand new to growing and has made a couple of errors that have been quite costly. He put 400 ml of ph down in the nute res instead of 40. Plants got 3 flood cycles before I noticed. It killed 4 or 5 straight away and caused serious damage to the others. I've managed to pull around half of them so we'll see what happens. So that's why I added the coco plants, they were meant to be for another grow. He made a similar error on the coco mix adding too much ph down, not as bad as the hydro set up but enough to lock plants up. But they are starting to recover well now. Cautionary tale, be very careful with ph down and always keep an eye on ur ph, it'll save u hassle down the line.

DSC_007721.JPG
DSC_007820.JPG
DSC_007119.JPG
DSC_007926.JPG
DSC_007618.JPG
DSC_007227.JPG
DSC_007421.JPG
DSC_007526.JPG

I'd say it's about a little more than soil as coco drys out faster, obviously depends on ur soil mix but in general coCo will use more water. It depends what size pots, how many lights etc on what u will use. I only use small pots unless it's for mothers. So i'll flower in 7 litre or 10 litre pots. I use approx 1 litre of water per plant per day until I flush, then I put approx 20 litres through each plant as a one off.

Looks like you're getting hit with quite a lot of questions :). I get the impression then that it's not a huge difference in water consumption from soil, like hopefully not more than double. I know I'll be running more through the coco as it drains much better- can't always manage to water to achieve run off with soil at all stages of growth, without overwatering. Ok thanks bro

I noticed you are using the Alien Hydroponic System and not your self built systems we have seen you previously use, does some features of the Alien Hydroponic System appeal to you more than the self built systems you have used or why have you changed your Hydroponic growing system?

Looks like you're getting hit with quite a lot of questions :). I get the impression then that it's not a huge difference in water consumption from soil, like hopefully not more than double. I know I'll be running more through the coco as it drains much better- can't always manage to water to achieve run off with soil at all stages of growth, without overwatering. Ok thanks bro

I never water to run off. Only time I wwould do this would be if I had problem with plant so want to check ph and Ec of run off. Or wen I do final flush to clean plant 2 weeks before harvest.

I noticed you are using the Alien Hydroponic System and not your self built systems we have seen you previously use, does some features of the Alien Hydroponic System appeal to you more than the self built systems you have used or why have you changed your Hydroponic growing system?

I am using alien systems for a couple of reasons. First I just don't have time to build my own at the min, although I am using the systems I already have built. 2nd, the main reason I was building my own was because the flood and drain/recirculating dwc systems available to me in this country were poor.

The alien systems are great, just a bit pricey. It's just plug and play. The fact large systems can fill and drain quickly is great. Simple set ups and effective.

Alien look like the way to go at the moment, Im hoping to jump on the bandwagon at some point this year myself.
As for your mate making the mistake...I feel for the both of you! I remember when I put 75ml of pk booste instead of 7.5 during early bloom...big mistake, I didn't catch it till it was too late and I ended up sending my plant through a second stretch period somehow!

So I've changed the nute mix in the hydro set up. Still suffering problems because of too much ph down. I was using a 1 part Base nute ionic hydro grow. It's fine wen things are going well but not as good as a quality 2 or 3 part nute.

The main reason I chose to use a 1 part was it's easier to teach someone how to mix nutes and set the ec. I'm currently training someone.

So my mix now consists of:

Advanced nutrients 3 part ph perfect. Ec 1.6
B-52 bump ec up to 1.8
Voodoo juice 2nd per litre
Cannazym 2.5ml per litre.

Ph 5,8

I still adjust ph on ph perfect.

Pics to follow later.

I'm also teaching somebody at the moment (although they have their own set up and he is using autos) I got him the oh perfect range to make it easier as well as voodoo juice...because I wanted to check it out haha

Hey cultivator I only joined the site today but have been following your grows for few yrs an well happy to see your back ( I new you would be growing a addictive). I been growing for good few yrs an tryd all different ways but done get the yield you do. I been thinking about getting the 48 or 80 pot alien system but haven't been able to find anyone using them on line then you start back up with it brilliant I have 12 light set up it's about 6 x 2.5 do you think the 48 pot would be big enough. Cheers

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hey everyone. very sorry to have dissapeared. unfortunately i was remanded in custody and sentenced to 12 months in prison for another grow i was doing. unfortunately thats the reality of growing in the uk.

however im free now and no longer live in uk. im back in europe where things are different. i have started outdoor growing here. i wont be journalling this round as its new to me and im slightly paranoid after everything ive experienced. maybe after christmas i'll start a new journal.

Hope u are all well.....

Peace.....

Damn Cultivator, I'm so sorry to hear you had to go to jail for some thing that is a god given medical plant. Legal MJ is coming to you very soon, just wait until they see how much money they can make on taxes. It will be nice to see you around helping the people here on 420 Mag. Rock on Cultivator, keep your head down and your plants hidden.

WELCOME HOME!!!!!! :love::Namaste::adore:

RSOiler AKA 60cal

Back
Top Bottom