Cultivators Play Pen

thanks for the compliments everyone, u guys are being too kind. There was no mention of me being a twat at times hahahaha

So without going into too much details yet, im coming up with a vague plan with another member of the site to have a kind of grow off. We busy discussing details, but an organics hydro is being talked about. I know jack shit about organics, so i could end up looking like a fool but i'll certainly learn something new and im hoping everyone else will too. Thats not set in stone yet.

would like to know what everyone else thinks first?

the answer to that question is yes i would imagine. everything these days leave a digital trail. But thats why i dont grow in or near my house ;) I dont take a mobile phone or any other digital device other than a camera to my grows, as they are far too easily triangulated. Best to be safe not sorry......

I think how ever you and your buddy decide on growing it'll be a site to see. I'm having a blast doing the same with the cap'n right now, the links in my sig.

As for the other info I suddenly dont like my cell phone as much lol

Everyone's welcome to swing by the "cook-off" and see what were up to. we'll almost everyone.

I think how ever you and your buddy decide on growing it'll be a site to see. I'm having a blast doing the same with the cap'n right now, the links in my sig.

As for the other info I suddenly dont like my cell phone as much lol

Everyone's welcome to swing by the "cook-off" and see what were up to. we'll almost everyone.

hi mate

i'll check it out. ive got so many subscriptions, i need to start catching up!

phones are the enemy....but a necessary evil in this day and age.

Organic Hydro Grow off??

welcome
enjoy the ride ;)

Sub'd and glad I made it early. Looking forward to your grow Cultivator, good luck.

thanks and enjoy

ok so the OG kush has germed and ive put them in rockwool cubes. the cubes were soaked for couple days in half strength roots excelurator, quarter strength voodoo juice and couple drops b-52, ph'd to 5.5. seeds took about 28hours to germ. i could have let the tap root get a little longer before transplanting but they should be ok. what i dont show in the pics is that i covered the rockwool with a tea towel after transplanting. this keeps it moist and dark to let the tap root take hold of rockwool without it getting light pruned. left teatowel on over night and it is removed now. under 100w T-5 lightwave, in propogator.

20131015_224519.jpg
20131015_224524.jpg
20131015_224529.jpg
20131015_224639.jpg

Hey cultivator ive enjoyed reading and learning from your advice I was wondering why I hadn't sub'd one of your journals yet so here I am!
Personally, Im nearing the end of my first dwc grow with mixed results, so I'm considering a trip down the coco path. Id really love to see a 120z yeild under 600w in cocoin 12 wks (obviously my target). just my 2c.
Oh nice ink by the way.

Hey cultivator ive enjoyed reading and learning from your advice I was wondering why I hadn't sub'd one of your journals yet so here I am!
Personally, Im nearing the end of my first dwc grow with mixed results, so I'm considering a trip down the coco path. Id really love to see a 120z yeild under 600w in cocoin 12 wks (obviously my target). just my 2c.
Oh nice ink by the way.

dont give up on dwc just yet. use ur first attempt as a guage of what to do and not do in ur next grow. for some reason i fine aerocloned cuts take to dwc fastest, seeds can be a little tricky to get started. dwc is very rewarding. what issues have u had?

welcome bruno

Oh by no means have I given up on it. Basically Im entering warmer months and res temps will be a major drama I actually cant wait until I can put all my newfound knowledge to good use again hopefully with better results once summer passes. I cant blame dwc for my downfalls it was my own fault. I started my first grow with little to no true knowledge of what was coming my way. started with rockwool clones from a friend, were healthy, cooked them in a warm res pyth outbreak mixed with way too high a ph stunted growth for about 3 weeks until I got my basics down pat (ph ec temps etc) and worked out that brown slime on my r/w was not normal LOL about 2 weeks recovery after moving them to better environment a slow veg as I worked out the ec balancing act finished with an extra long bloom that doesn't want to end LMAO but all together its been fun! and im looking at what I think is a reasonable first yield.
Im just thinking if I can get similar results with less fuss using coco year round id be better off focusing my learnings in that direction what do you think?

Yeah coco is much more forgiving if something were to go wrong. Just make sure u buy quality pre treated coco to start as that will save u hassle. I still like growing coco but DWC cant be beat for growth rates when done correctly. if i have to veg 3 weeks in dwc ive vegged a long long time. i favour very short veg times, i have places that i veg seperate but still rarely veg more than 2 weeks. I only have 1 grow which is in rockwool that i vegged around 6 weeks, just waiting to flip that now.

If u have no means to control res temps, coco or rockwool is a safer bet, i'd say coco is the easier of the 2.

U could always switch to a flood and drain system running clay pebbles as medium, if water temps get warm its no where near the problem of DWC as the roots arent constantly submerged. U can get close to DWC growth rates with flood drains.

Yeah thanks cultivator you are confirming my current theories. ebb and flow and coco were at the top of my possibilities. Ive been playing with clone bubblers and love the easy results so if I can implement that into my grow as I could in either of those methods ,ebb and flow obviously being the better suited to bubbler clones, then ill be happy. A friend is using a constant recirc top feed trickle into pots of clay pebbles and is kickin my dwcs @$$. I believe ebb and flow should provide even better results(more even root exposure to nutrients) with similarly minimal problematics. Are the results from coco that much slower are they?

trust me DWC is the fastest by far from my experience but it relies on everything being perfect. small swings in temps, humity, ph can all vastly slow growth, thats the con.

Coco is much slower than DWC or any true hydro but still faster than soil. U may be better switching to coco and really dialling in ur techniques and ability, as its a far safer way to grow than true hydro. Of course their can be issues in coco too but they are simple fixes 9/10 of the time.

Focus less on growth speed and yield for now and just focus on finding the right strains and grow style and the nutes additives u use. after a few grows the quality and yields will come without even thinking about it.

I never had the net to learn from, i was taught by an old skool guy and learnt through trial and error. its taken me over a decade to get to where im at now. hopefully u wont need as long as the wealth of info these sites can give speeds up the learning process if u are willing to learn and weed out the good info from the bad. People who just copy and paste text and state it as gospel know jack shit and it frustrates me badly, look for guys with solid journals and back up what they say with pics. i'll put 4 or 5 coco plants in this round and veg them up to a decent size.

Just cleaned out and sterilised my cloner and took a few cuts for this grow, so start to finish will all be real time. Think i'll do half dwc and half coco. the 5 OG Kush in coco and 4-5 DWC. So will be longer veg time than usual seeing as i am starting from seed and im going to make these coco plants larger than i usually do. normally i run lots small plants in coco as opposed to large plants. i might even use rockwool as i have a bag handy.

cloner emptied, sterilised with peroxide. 4 or 5 air stones powered by a powerful air pump than can easily run 24 stones.

20131018_154043.jpg
20131018_154121.jpg
20131018_154057.jpg
20131018_154051.jpg

Put guardian angel and B-52 in res. i usually add piranha and tarantula and cannazym too but ive ran out so need to place an order. this will stop cuts yellowing and roots will explode as soon as they show.

20131018_160913.jpg
20131018_161119.jpg

Isopropal alcohol to sterilise work top and snips used to take cuts, this prevents disease in cuts.

20131018_161207.jpg
20131018_161229.jpg

x2 trainwreck x5 Ams in aerocloner plus another x4 A.M.S in rock wool and x1 trainwreck. Then the 5 OG Kush seedlings which are couple days old.

20131018_162837.jpg
20131018_162846.jpg

Put guardian angel and B-52 in res. i usually add piranha and tarantula and cannazym too but ive ran out so need to place an order. this will stop cuts yellowing and roots will explode as soon as they show.

Do you usually add you additives at full dose, or you start at a lower dose?

Btw cant wait to see this happening in actual time, looking good. ;)

Do you usually add you additives at full dose, or you start at a lower dose?

Btw cant wait to see this happening in actual time, looking good. ;)

the guardian angel at full dose, i cant stress how good this is for aeroclones, dwc and flood drain systems. really looks after roots. I put b-52 in at 2/3 strength. dont add base nutes.

I am showing seed growth, rock wool clones and aeroclones, and 3 strains so def some variety. still not settled on final grow method but plenty time. Usually i'd aeroclone, straight into clay pebbles, veg 2 weeks and voila. doing it this way forces me to veg longer in this space, as it makes it simpler to run them all together on the same cycle. be interesting to see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom