Cupping leaves

Here you can see how the roots sit in the Rez a little bit.

Attachments

• 43007D2F-5F8F-4535-A342-709383F5C15C.jpeg
    43007D2F-5F8F-4535-A342-709383F5C15C.jpeg
    610.9 KB · Views: 40
  • B104A1E9-C241-443F-90CF-592F5900182C.jpeg
    B104A1E9-C241-443F-90CF-592F5900182C.jpeg
    542.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 7BB5AE91-4651-4F13-B85B-9AE2819E5079.jpeg
    7BB5AE91-4651-4F13-B85B-9AE2819E5079.jpeg
    652.1 KB · Views: 40
Ya I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure the roots don't like to be submerged. In DWC there is a gap between the bottom of the pot & the water line, yours has very little gap there. That's why I asked if you could drop the water level.

I had a NFT setup, I used to run it 24/7 (my pots drained completely) in hydroton, I switched my pump to 15 minutes on & 45 minutes off and that made a world of difference.

I don't know what else to suggest perhaps someone with DWC experience will chime in.

Yea there is very little gap between the grow sponge and water if at all. Water level can and will drop as the plant uses it. I could just forego filling it back up all the way. It’s been in this system for 6 weeks and and the droop is recent. I grew regular herbs in this before hand and didn’t have major issues until months into it. I had some fungal or green algae issue that killed my dill and I think started in on my basil, but I transplanted the basil outside and it has since flourished. I religiously clean the Rez every week now to prevent that and use the Hydroguard when before I just used the aerogarden nutes for the herbs.

When I was just using the aerogarden light, I had praying leaves but since I’ve switched to the Vivosun, they’ve since stopped praying. Never heard of NFT till now, that’s a really cool set up.

This grow is mostly a test bed to see how the aerogarden can handle a plant. I already had the AG and figured why not try it. For my next grow I’m getting seeds from a medical facility in state so I’ll know strain at least. Considering I already have the nutes for hydro, does anyone recommend a grow style for that one? DWC or coco maybe?

I'm switching to coco and mega crop, just for the simplicity of it all. No more res changes, made a sloping floor to drain into a tray got fabric bags & now it's time for me to pick 4 pretty girls to take to that dance.

Ya I would let the level drop and see if that helps.

I'm pretty sure you can use those nutes in coco, I don't see why not. I am a novice here to be honest. I agree with the previous posters your water temps are too high = lack of oxygen in the water... oh ya you've a bubbler, still hot water don't hold oxygen very well.

I'm hoping coco is easier, it was very hard to find someone that would ship it here. The stuff I did finally get feels awful heavy to me, I'll add lots of perlite I guess for better drainage.

Update for anyone still following. Some of my leaves seem to be torn or missing parts. And some of them have small white tips I didn’t notice before.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    937.4 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 38
I usually check once a day, prolly need to do twice. Yes it swings. I’ve caught it above 7 rarely but it’s happened. Usually when I check it later in the day it’s around 7. Then again, that’s usually after I add water to Rez, could be the added water is raising it. Haven’t adjusted today even after water though, I did use bottled water and not distilled as I was out. I used Essentia water. So I just checked and it’s actually at 5.5 right now. This will be the first time in awhile that I have to adjust up.

pH is tricky because it’s not really right or wrong, all the nutrients r taken in best at different pH levels, so 5.6 for hydro is just as close to a sweet spot as there is, but fluctuations slightly up or down aren’t necessarily a bad thing

Back
Top Bottom