Cure Room Design-Time for a Re-Think?

The Twisted One

When we built our cure room, I thought I had covered all the bases, but maybe not. The far greatest issue I have experienced is the first 3 to 4 days of drying. Even with multiple dehumidifiers, the humidity spikes to levels that quite frankly freak me out. The cure room is 14x16 and holds between 130 and 140 large plants at a time. My goal is maintaining 60%RH and 60 deg f.
As far as airflow, I’m right on par with the air gently moving around the outer walls in counter-clockwise manner. I use stretched cables to hold the plants, and we cure by hanging the entire plant, not just branches. But I keep coming back to those first 3 or 4 days when humidity levels spike in the 70’s.
To combat this, we load a few more portable dehumidifier’s in the room. This only takes a few days, then the two hard plumbed dehus do a great job of maintaining my preferred 60% RH.

So…. I’m thinking of adding a fan to exhaust the room and quickly exchange the moisture laden air in the room. Maybe an AC Infinity fan exhausting then add a filter grill with a HEPA filter for fresh air in. I’m thinking this would cure those first 3 or 4 days of spiking humidity.
What say you?
IMG_1505.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom