Curing for taste

Lungbutterorbs

Hello all,
Hopefully someone can help me out here with this question and Im sure there are multiple ways to go about this..
I'm looking to obtain a nice taste and aroma with my buds. Assuming genetics are on par, grown in soil using organic nutes, and I have no budget cap(lol working on that)- what is the most effective way to harvest and cure you flowers for some good smoke?
Looking for multiple answers and methods so state whatever you feel works best. ( knowledge w/ experience preferred)

Well... There are LOTS of threads here (and at every other cannabis forum in the known universe ;) ) about the subject, because every time someone new joins a forum, they eventually get around to posting a thread like this one. Maybe the forum search routines handle one-word searches better than one such as "how to cure," lol?

I usually use a site-search. For example, I'll visit a web-search engine and type something like this:
Code:
site:https://www.420magazine.com how to cure?
...and get a few results. In the above example, "a few" worked out to be 7,450. Here are some of them, for your perusal:

How To Cure Your Marijuana Crop
You might notice that the above thread is the fifth stickied thread in our Frequently Asked Questions section, which is the same one that you have posted this thread in (I'm just sayin' :rolleyes: ) . We also have a Harvest, Preparation & Curing section here.

Drying, Curing, and Storage - Paper Bag Method
How do I properly dry and cure my harvest?
Fastest way to cure bud
How to cure my harvest in glass jars?
Storing and curing on a big scale
Still smells like hay after hang dry and cure please help!
Curing and burping jars?
Easiest way too cure or fast dry?
Mason jars help cure?
Water Curing Marijuana
What humidity for curing?
Harvesting/Drying/Curing
Curing using a Hygrometer and jar
Best way to dry and cure step by step
Water Cure, The Members' Thread
Grow Tent Dry/Cure
Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure - Fermented Cannabis
Curing in plastic containers?
How do you know when it's dry enough to start curing?
How long does it take to cure?
freeze cure?
Water cure your plants
What's the longest cured bud you have right now?
Malawi cobs, underground curing
Drying Your Weed - A Tutorial
Malawi Cure
Hang dry or Bag dry?
Curing with Lemon
Water Curing?

There might be a duplicate or two in the above list of threads, and they are presented to you in no particular order. Also, I'm sure there is some information on curing (which might be listed above, IDK) in our huge How to Grow Cannabis - Everything You Need to Know! mega-FAQ. Although some of the information might be a bit dated now, there is still a great deal of knowledge that would be of use to newbie growers (and more than a few "experts"). It could have been published as a book (and sold many copies) instead of being posted to forums.

Hope this helps!

<LAUGHS>

Actually, it occurred to me that, every time I end up doing a site-search of the forum for threads about an oft-searched subject such as this one, I see the thread I'm responding to in the results list. Therefore, I decided to load this one up with a bushel of some of the other results, thinking that random searchers looking for information about curing would probably stumble upon this thread.

That, plus I consider the subject to be one of those very basic skills that every cannabis grower needs. Right up there with "Should I water my plants before they get all crunchy?" and "Light - do I really need some of it in my garden?"

<LAUGHS>

Actually, it occurred to me that, every time I end up doing a site-search of the forum for threads about an oft-searched subject such as this one, I see the thread I'm responding to in the results list. Therefore, I decided to load this one up with a bushel of some of the other results, thinking that random searchers looking for information about curing would probably stumble upon this thread.

That, plus I consider the subject to be one of those very basic skills that every cannabis grower needs. Right up there with "Should I water my plants before they get all crunchy?" and "Light - do I really need some of it in my garden?"

Haha! I promise im not that much of a noob but good looking out for searching that info. I'm kind of just probing around on here to get a feel for what products tecs and methods other people use.
I will probably start a journal in the next coming weeks too.

Haha! I promise im not that much of a noob but good looking out for searching that info. I'm kind of just probing around on here to get a feel for what products tecs and methods other people use.
I will probably start a journal in the next coming weeks too.

Like much of what one reads here it's a matter of opinion as it always is w/ questions of taste or aesthetics. Wade thru them, make up your own mind and then there will be one more opinion.

I dry for 7-10 days in a controlled environment. 62-64 RH. After trim, I cure in glass jars with a boveda pack in each jar (62%) and put in the dark for a minimum 30 days. Super aromatic and flavor. The boveda packs automatically adjust RH. I have zero issues with mold and thc reduction.

The taste is amazing!

There are so many ways to achieve what you want. Find what works for you....

Hello everyone!

Now i no your in soil, i have only grown in soil only twice and that was in the very beginning of me starting to grow but this may help you a little.

and the second time around is exactly how i flush my coco plants now, i know there not the same medium have just actually finished curing some bud, only flushed for 10 days lightly, what i mean by lightly is only giving the plant enough to drink which yeah works great (yes i know the true flavour is in the cure).

Seeing as though i only flushed for 10 days without a 2-3x flush, the watering lightly was simply not enough in coco this time around, so in my mind the exact same results give or take a day of flushing the results were exactly the same, please also bare in mind this is the same strain over and over, same pheno, i also decided to listen to someone else this time around to not do a big flush first and thats really what made the difference in taste and overall cure.

I usually flush 2-3x the volume of the plant at first then wait 48-72hrs then start with your normal watering ect, now this is what i did with my first ever soil grows, i actually only flushed lightly on the first time around for around 14 days, cured for 8 weeks and still not the best of tastes, second time around in soil i flushed the 3x amount of water then carried on with the watering as normal, cured for 8 weeks and the taste was 1000% better, i only ever ran organic nutrients too.

So i know this may not make any difference to the real valid points that @TorturedSoul made but i really do think it all consists on how you flush the plants to what finish your getting at the end if your using organic or synthetic for sure, seen loads of growers say they never flush they just let the cure do the job for them, im sorry but people like that must have no taste buds :laugh:.

Like i said may make no difference iv just found this works great for me in soil or coco.

Back
Top Bottom