Curing: Jars

I bought some 1 gallon ball or mason jars, they look like display jars or cookie jars and have a real cheap metal lid with a clear plastic or rubber gasket in the lid.

Mine seem to work pretty well, some jars have bovedas others do not but they all have mini hygrometers and I’ve been storing bud with no issues for 8 months so far.

I bought some 1 gallon ball or mason jars, they look like display jars or cookie jars and have a real cheap metal lid with a clear plastic or rubber gasket in the lid.

Mine seem to work pretty well, some jars have bovedas others do not but they all have mini hygrometers and I’ve been storing bud with no issues for 8 months so far.

I bet they seal just fine with a tight close.
They are very much air tight. So maybe im over thinking :laugh:
I got some hygrometers on the way and bovedas too just in case. So I’m thinking based on your review @013 I should be okay?

I feel pretty good about mine, i just didn’t want to burp 20 jars. However I do like to hedge my bets on harvest and curing stuff, next time I will squirrel away a few pint jars as well as the gallons just to spread the love.

about hedging my bets....when I chop a plant I’m decisive first everything gets bud soaked not bud wash. 3 buckets 5 gallons of lukewarm water and every stem gets 2 to 5 minute bath then moves to the next bucket in line, drip dry hang for 4 hours in dim room. Then depending on current dank bank account balance and projected needs.... 10 to 20% of harvest gets set aside to make cobs this is long term weed savings bank. The remainder gets divided in half. Half goes to low and slow fridge curing and the other half will dry hang 5 to 12 days before going into jars for burping.

but yeah check them out.... not sure if we got same brand or style or whatever but I’ve seen you around enough to know you’ve got skills and are serious about your game

felt I better add the lids on mine are plastic on the inside with a very cheap thin metallic outer layer over the plastic, so those are nested together and has a clear plastic or silicone seal ring inside of that. These are made for displaying cookies or staples like noodles, rice or beans. Yes I’m pleased with mine

I feel pretty good about mine, i just didn’t want to burp 20 jars. However I do like to hedge my bets on harvest and curing stuff, next time I will squirrel away a few pint jars as well as the gallons just to spread the love.

about hedging my bets....when I chop a plant I’m decisive first everything gets bud soaked not bud wash. 3 buckets 5 gallons of lukewarm water and every stem gets 2 to 5 minute bath then moves to the next bucket in line, drip dry hang for 4 hours in dim room. Then depending on current dank bank account balance and projected needs.... 10 to 20% of harvest gets set aside to make cobs this is long term weed savings bank. The remainder gets divided in half. Half goes to low and slow fridge curing and the other half will dry hang 5 to 12 days before going into jars for burping.

but yeah check them out.... not sure if we got same brand or style or whatever but I’ve seen you around enough to know you’ve got skills and are serious about your game

felt I better add the lids on mine are plastic on the inside with a very cheap thin metallic outer layer over the plastic, so those are nested together and has a clear plastic or silicone seal ring inside of that. These are made for displaying cookies or staples like noodles, rice or beans. Yes I’m pleased with mine
I think we got along the lines of the same jars. These came with a rubber band and a cloths for the tops as well.
Also I appreciate your support towards my coming harvest :high-five:
Thanks for the respect on my name lmao
But anyway, I hope to turn some of these ladies before the new year that ive got going right now. Its looking hefty as of now!
& yeah the whole burping 20 jars thing, im good lol

need too do a brush up on bud washing and cobbing. I remember I bookmarked someones cobbing journal but can’t find it this second

Bud washing is real simple. 3 buckets 5 gallons each lukewarm water. The original recipe called for 1 cup lemon juice & 1 cup baking soda. This is how chefs wash veggies. But then it was modified down to 1/2 cup of each baking soda & lemon juice. I skip all that crap and just do clean lukewarm water. Dunk each bud, twirl it around, move to next bucket do the same and final rinse in last bucket. Then hang to drip dry out of sun for minimum of 4 hours before moving on to your normal dry / cure routine. There is a recipe for adding hydrogen peroxide to wash pm out too.

I’m lazy so in my version I have nylon cord with giant plastic alligator clips hanging over each bucket, don’t want to stand there hunched over so I clip a branch in place and then soak for about 3 to 5 minutes in one bucket. Then move to next bucket and so on down the line. If you have white buckets you will notice after washing a plant the first bucket is filthy.

If you’ve ever cleaned your trim scissors after a harvest then you know those trichs don’t come off with water, it’s freaking glue.

Bud washing is real simple. 3 buckets 5 gallons each lukewarm water. The original recipe called for 1 cup lemon juice & 1 cup baking soda. This is how chefs wash veggies. But then it was modified down to 1/2 cup of each baking soda & lemon juice. I skip all that crap and just do clean lukewarm water. Dunk each bud, twirl it around, move to next bucket do the same and final rinse in last bucket. Then hang to drip dry out of sun for minimum of 4 hours before moving on to your normal dry / cure routine. There is a recipe for adding hydrogen peroxide to wash pm out too.

I’m lazy so in my version I have nylon cord with giant plastic alligator clips hanging over each bucket, don’t want to stand there hunched over so I clip a branch in place and then soak for about 3 to 5 minutes in one bucket. Then move to next bucket and so on down the line. If you have white buckets you will notice after washing a plant the first bucket is filthy.

If you’ve ever cleaned your trim scissors after a harvest then you know those trichs don’t come off with water, it’s freaking glue.
Clean water in three buckets, right? Im thinking some cheap buckets brand paint buckets obviously new from your local home depot or menards

I would go with new clean buckets, don't want any residue from whatever was previously in the bucket. Here in rural Missouri mason jars are abundant. Many people grow their own vegetables and can them. Does anyone else sterilize the jars before using them?

Do you dry out in the sun or not in the sun? This is my first grow. I found some lil black balls in between a couple of buds on one of my the trees. I cut the buds off to trash them. But, decided I could rinse it off and see how drying and curing works. Just trimmed it now they’re drying. I’m very upset. Is washing buds before drying part of everyone’s process?
1DAF5F9B-210A-43A2-AC63-BB17EA54C4C7.jpeg

I would go with new clean buckets, don't want any residue from whatever was previously in the bucket. Here in rural Missouri mason jars are abundant. Many people grow their own vegetables and can them. Does anyone else sterilize the jars before using them?
Yeah thats what i was going todo then get some iso and spray bot the jars and buckets and wipe them down before use. I think its rather a safe bet to sterilize with iso atleast

Do you dry out in the sun or not in the sun? This is my first grow. I found some lil black balls in between a couple of buds on one of my the trees. I cut the buds off to trash them. But, decided I could rinse it off and see how drying and curing works. Just trimmed it now they’re drying. I’m very upset. Is washing buds before drying part of everyone’s process?
1DAF5F9B-210A-43A2-AC63-BB17EA54C4C7.jpeg
Not good my man this is a sign of rot or mold

Back
Top Bottom