Curing: Jars

I only use two buckets to wash. One with lemon juice and baking soda, the other plain water. A third bucket might wash them a little cleaner, but not enough for me to bother. After the wash, the branches get hung up in my shower to drip dry for a few hours. Then they get hung up in the veg tent to dry. The veg tent has a light below, which isn't ideal, but it's got fans and a carbon filter so it keeps the air circulating and not stinking the house up too much, well, after the initial stink from the trim and wash. After drying for about a week, then they go into an airtight glass former coffee jar, with a boveda 62% to prevent mold. If nothing goes wrong whatever I get usually lasts till the next harvest, and I only have a little bit left for long term storage. I should try cobbing again, but every time I tried before it molded and I wasted it.

Love those hydrometer lids Senior, that’s going on my shopping list. But I mostly use the 1gallons now. I do have a bunch of pint & quart jars that I will redeploy for longer term storage for my next harvest.

I bought 6 of the 1 gallon jars and I like that when it comes to burping. I may cure and burp in the 1 gallons then break them down into quarts after they reach the desired 62% benchmark.

Keep looking Maybe you will find the little bastard... They blend right in with the buds and leaves. I keep seeing the caterpillar poop on my veggie garden but have a hell of a time finding them...
Today, Wife sent me pics of the plants. I had to tell her about the huge caterpillar at the top to take off. Luckily, it was still there.
EC4034C1-338D-4210-9599-B482103C9E7B.jpeg

I have haha! Literally exhausted all options
Try oven bags or Turkey bags from the grocery store! You can get a box of 5 for like $3, hold lots of herb and keeps the smell down!

Score! I know where I am going tomorrow...
969284B4-96E8-4D0E-BAC1-B3AADF8C7B27.png

I just went to moving sale and scored me some ball canning jars! 12 wide mouth quart and 14 mixed regular and wide mouth pint and a squatty 1/2 pint Jar for 12 bucks!

I feel pretty good about mine, i just didn’t want to burp 20 jars. However I do like to hedge my bets on harvest and curing stuff, next time I will squirrel away a few pint jars as well as the gallons just to spread the love.

about hedging my bets....when I chop a plant I’m decisive first everything gets bud soaked not bud wash. 3 buckets 5 gallons of lukewarm water and every stem gets 2 to 5 minute bath then moves to the next bucket in line, drip dry hang for 4 hours in dim room. Then depending on current dank bank account balance and projected needs.... 10 to 20% of harvest gets set aside to make cobs this is long term weed savings bank. The remainder gets divided in half. Half goes to low and slow fridge curing and the other half will dry hang 5 to 12 days before going into jars for burping.

but yeah check them out.... not sure if we got same brand or style or whatever but I’ve seen you around enough to know you’ve got skills and are serious about your game

felt I better add the lids on mine are plastic on the inside with a very cheap thin metallic outer layer over the plastic, so those are nested together and has a clear plastic or silicone seal ring inside of that. These are made for displaying cookies or staples like noodles, rice or beans. Yes I’m pleased with mine
All three buckets are with just plain luke warm tap water? What are cobs?

I just went to moving sale and scored me some ball canning jars! 12 wide mouth quart and 14 mixed regular and wide mouth pint and a squatty 1/2 pint Jar for 12 bucks!
If they did not leave lids and rings on them then a trip to the local big supermarket, neighborhood hardware store or department store will take care of that portion. The rings and lids will last a long time if you are not going to use the jars for canning.

If they did not leave lids and rings on them then a trip to the local big supermarket, neighborhood hardware store or department store will take care of that portion. The rings and lids will last a long time if you are not going to use the jars for canning.
I took the rings and left the lids. I actually use them for canning also, so I always use new. I have a box full of lids and rings in my closet. The people having the sale called me yesterday afternoon to tell me that they found more jars! I went back and got another 4 dozen assorted jars, quarts, pints and half pints. Nice living in a small town.

Back
Top Bottom