Curing my bud

RedeyedRasta

i have dried 4 of my buds out and and placed them into a glass, rubber sealed jar and they have been in there for around 5 days now but they still have no cannabis like smell :S

am i using a too bigger jar than i need?

advice would be great thanks =)

Re: curing my bud?????

Their smell and flavor become more defined the longer they cure... be sure to "burp" the jars in order to release the built up of chlorophyll. Patience for that potent smell, won't be long.

Re: curing my bud?????

ok thankyou vapour =)

its my 1st grow so dont fancy messing up or doing something wrong lol

Unfortunately, if you over dried them before jarring, they will most likely just smell like hay. See the link in posted in your other thread: Can buds be over dried? for more info.

:Namaste:

Unfortunately, if you over dried them before jarring, they will most likely just smell like hay. See the link in posted in your other thread: Can buds be over dried? for more info.

:Namaste:

Ahmen to that my friend. As I mentioned in one of my threads/posts.. if you let the product air-dry too the point where the middle stem SNAPS into two seperate pieces.. chances are, you let it air-dry too long.. therefore you won't be able to take advantage of any kind of cure.. and if you do.. it won't be a long one.. usually not long enough to let all the metabolic processes (the processes that eventually bring that skunky weed smell) take place, therefore your left with an over-dried, chlorophyll smelling, hay smelling, crispy product. And be assured that if it smells like chlorophyll (will smell like hay or fresh cut grass) it will also TASTE like chlorophyll.

I personally like to start curing mine when the middle stem bends, but still has enough moisture in it to make it spring back almost to its original position before being bent. Another method I'll use from time to time.. is I'll wait until the middle stem bends and cracks.. but doesn't BREAK into two pieces.

Anyhow, its a learning experience. Just have to live and learn as you go. It's what I had to do.. and I'm still not sure I have everything down to a science. Getting close though.. :D

peace.

another thing is to make sure you dont overfill your jar, over filling your jars will make burpin them alomst irrelevant, that is if you dont physically remove all buds from jar for 15-20 mins to allow more surface area of all nugs to get even air circulation. so if your jar are overfilled either take some out and put into a 2nd, 3rd jar. or be sure to remove buds for thorough cure.

quality cures take at least 1 month though. patience is a virtue in this game ;)

another thing is to make sure you dont overfill your jar, over filling your jars will make burpin them alomst irrelevant, that is if you dont physically remove all buds from jar for 15-20 mins to allow more surface area of all nugs to get even air circulation. so if your jar are overfilled either take some out and put into a 2nd, 3rd jar. or be sure to remove buds for thorough cure.

quality cures take at least 1 month though. patience is a virtue in this game ;)

This is also true. Well put my friend.. well put.

What you said about patience.. couldn't be more true. Patience is absolute KEY.. whenever it comes to growing. Not only growing, but the drying and curing that comes after harvesting.

:peace:

i have dried 4 of my buds out and and placed them into a glass, rubber sealed jar and they have been in there for around 5 days now but they still have no cannabis like smell :S

am i using a too bigger jar than i need?

advice would be great thanks =)

I'm sure someone has already told you this, but curing your harvest isn't going to happen overnight kid.

People seem to always want what they want, when they want it.. and unfortunately, it doesn't work that way.

Anyhow yeah, curing takes time my friend. Your harvest is NOT going to be cured in just 4 or 5 days. There are a lot of things going on at the cellular level of the product.. that need to take place in order to break down the sugars, chlorophyll, etc. This process takes time.. and the more patience you have, the better off your harvest will be and the better off you will be.

For a good cure, IMO, you need to cure the product for a good solid 3 to 4 weeks.. MINIMUM.

People tend to forget that curing is a fairly complex process. I would suggest reading up on curing.. and the process itself in order to get more of an idea of what curing REALLY is all about.

Good luck tho.

:peace:

thanks potroast :) yeah i stored for a longer 7 weeks and the product was amazing :)

keep high brotha .... word :)

lol I thought I over dried one bunch when it turns out it wasn't even dried yet. What a pain in the ass......I've been curing 8 days now.......

Back
Top Bottom