Curing question

Jajunk

I'm curing my first grow (Newbie, sprouting issues and droop). Two plants of Blue Cookies and 1.5 of Sour Jack. I dried them hung in my tent with lights out, temp around 65-70F and humidity around 40-45%, for 5 days and then transferred them to quart mason jars in a dark place with average temp around 65F.

I burped them for about 5 minutes several times a day for the first four days then had to go on vacation (visit Belize if you get a chance!). I had someone burp them once daily for the week that I was gone and I've been burping them once daily to every 2 days since I got back for about a little more than a week.

When I burped them, it definitely stinks the whole house up, but it's a very mild smell. Not like cannabis I've purchased and is incredibly pungent when I just open the container. It smells very "green" and not super, well, "dank" I guess for a lack of better word. I'm wondering if I left too much leaf material on during harvest, or if it's just a time issue where they will smell more pungent later in the curing process. They smoke nice, and are very "frosty." I really don't care too much about the smell, but was curious.

I've read some journals where they "squish" the buds to break trichomes and release terpenes... anyone heard of this and does it really do anything for the smoke?

Pic below: SJ on left, BC on right.

Attachments

• 20190418_092433.jpg
    20190418_092433.jpg
    693.2 KB · Views: 57
5 days into jars is quick.

No ammonia, just not very "dank".. they smell like they did almost fresh cut. The larger twigs snapped at 5 days and they didn't seem to have dried too fast, so it seemed like they were good to go into the jars? It may have been a little rushed because I had to go on vacation and wanted to be able to burp them several times a day before leaving. They don't seem wet at all.. just don't smell like what I expected. Maybe just time?

Back
Top Bottom