Curing: Smell?

Leappy

Morning all.. just a quick one.. Done harvest and dry.. curing now. What I have noticed that the smell whilst harvesting and drying was amazing.. loved it, but one week into curing I cant say I am enjoying the smell at all.. No mould .. I have checked, actually I think my buds might have been drier that I would have liked before jarring them.. any ideas, or is this just a process..

Its against the rules to post an amazon link so go to amazon and paste
" Fresh 420 Marijuana Humidifier "
This maybe just the thing you need
Its against the rules to post an amazon link so go to amazon and paste
" Fresh 420 Marijuana Humidifier "
This maybe just the thing you need
Thank you Growingasmile :snowboating:

That sounds great Guy.. thank you.. obviously still burping in the beginning?
I'm not sure if my method is 100% correct but once I put them in jars I burp them twice a day from 10 minutes to an hour each day and after about a week of that I put in the 62% Boveda packs. I still burp once a day for at least another week even though I have Boveda packs in the jars. I am happy with my final product.

I'm not sure if my method is 100% correct but once I put them in jars I burp them twice a day from 10 minutes to an hour each day and after about a week of that I put in the 62% Boveda packs. I still burp once a day for at least another week even though I have Boveda packs in the jars. I am happy with my final product.

I do something similiar. I was never clear if you put the Bovedas in from the start. It doesn’t seem right, so I wait until after the first round of burping. Does anyone know differently?

I do something similiar. I was never clear if you put the Bovedas in from the start. It doesn’t seem right, so I wait until after the first round of burping. Does anyone know differently?
That's my thought, I figured the first week of curing the moisture is too high for the Boveda packs to even soak up because they're new

I've always put them in as soon as I jar. I continue to burp for two weeks after that, after that they're on their own...... except for when I need a whiff LMAO.

Thanks George.. I am burping 3 x a day for 10 minutes at the moment..is that enough ? have ordered my packs hopefully not to long :)

Boveda 62 packs for sure as others have said. Nice airtight jars too..

Thanks George.. I am burping 3 x a day for 10 minutes at the moment..is that enough ? have ordered my packs hopefully not to long :)
I would think three times a day for 10 minutes is plenty. Do that for a couple weeks. It never hurts to put hygrometers in those jars so you can monitor the relative humidity. I know it can get expensive purchasing those things so you don't have to do every jar you can move it from jar to jar every day or two.

I don't burp at all after the Bovida goes in the jar. I try to dry as close to 50-55%RH as possible. Not easy. Then once the buds snap off easily, jar up tight with 1 or 2 Bovida62 in each jar.

The Bovida packs move humidity in and out of the pack, so burping shouldn't really be necessary.

I don't burp at all after the Bovida goes in the jar. I try to dry as close to 50-55%RH as possible. Not easy. Then once the buds snap off easily, jar up tight with 1 or 2 Bovida62 in each jar.

The Bovida packs move humidity in and out of the pack, so burping shouldn't really be necessary.
Bovida it is.. next grow for sure :bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom