Curing your plant

art fog

I use spent pasta jars in the curing process. I gather the jars clean & sterilize them w/ bleach. There should be no trace of the pasta or previous odor.
First I hang the buds w/ stems till they feel dry, and not dried out, then do a tight trim and match the buds to jars. I do not crowd the jars so there is air circulation and they are not pressed tightly. I do not put them into jars by weight but visually. For the first several days I remove them from the jars and place them in the open air usually on paper and away from strong light for 15 - 30 minutes. After several days to a week, I keep them in jars and just burp them by opening the jars to the air for about 15 minutes daily for 1 - 2 week(s). My reasoning for the above is as follows; the buds retain water/moisture and when you dry them they feel dry on the outside then when you seal them up again (in a jar) the moisture moves from the center to the outside leaves and again they feel moist. This process continues until the center is dry as if the outside. Another words you will be drawing out the moisture until the cola is completely dry. Eventually they do not draw moisture. Because curing is different for each situation i.e. strain etc. You will have to monitor daily. I hope this is helpful.

Thanks for your post......getting ready to harvest tonight and have researched the hell out of this sight and have gathered many POVs.....going to use little bit of this/little bit of that to formulate my first attempt at harvest/cure......yours comes in closest to what I will actually be trying......so fingers crossed not to F up at this stage!!!

art fog, that's pretty much the way I've been curing for some time now. It's more of a hands on method. I find that if I drag the process out as long as possible, I'll get the best cure.

Back
Top Bottom