Curious' 1st Indoor Soil, Blue Dream, Strawberry Cough & Ice Grow Journal Oct 2018

Curiousnoob

My first grow Indoors :yummy: Plants started outdoors but decided to give indoor ago, bought a kit and here I am. I have 5 babies 2 x ice, 2 x Blue Dream and 1 x Strawberry Cough you can see from my photos breed, strengths and ratios etc. They have spent about three weeks out doors and have been indoors for about two weeks now sitting at about 30cm (12 inches) at present. Currently in vegetation, light cycle is 18hr on 6hr off.
photo 199 21-34-20.jpg

Screenshot_20181018-195049_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20181018-194940_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20181018-194825_Chrome.jpg

Set up - 1.45m (4ft) x 1.45m x 2m (6ft) Seahawk tent, max pro fan 150mm, 150mm (6inch)can-lite filter, lumatek pro 600w digital ballast, phillips HPS 600w, bat wing reflector with cool tube. 80L nute tank, air pump/stone, Digi PH pen, Digi EC pen reading in PPM, small clip fan, JBL timer, nakajima timer and RTW (run to waste) set up.

Soil - straight premium tomato mix (should of done a little more research first).

Nutrients - BAC coco a + b, BAC F1 extreme booster, BAC Rotalumits, Ryzo, Organic Amino, frooting power. (Coco a+b supplied in kit along with rocket pots and coconut choir which will be used on next grow)
Vegetation - coco a + b, Rotalumits, Ryzo and organic amino for veg.
Flowering - F1 extreme booster + Frooting Power.
20181016_195738.jpg

Being a noob to indoor growing I have over nurtured a little by over fertilizing, over watering and to low a light (now sitting at about 30-40cm (13inches)) . Benefit being it has made them thick and strong, problems are that I think they have a cal mag deficiency (brown spoting on fan leaves) and now an iron deficiency by the light green look of the new growth. Which from reading might be an overall PH problem? From what i read classic noob mistakes, lol . I have currently flushed them with just water ph6 and Dr Repair (which is mostly iron and a lil nitrogen by the looks). Will let them dry out, then start a water/water/feed @ 1/4 strength, depending on how they look.
20181019_154236.jpg

20181016_195818.jpg

Screenshot_20181019-125836_Google.jpg

Wish me luck!!! :ganjamon:

Questions: (not sure if appropriate here?)
My run off is coming out at PH 7.8 when the nutrients/water that went in were ph6, should I drop water/nute PH to accommodate or adjust soil PH?

When I switch to flowering how much can I expect them to grow in height roughly? (obviously different with each strain)

With a cool tube can I have the light lower? I know back of hand test but is it just till your hand is warm or actually more like burning feeling?

Are these nutrients ok together?

Should I add a little cal mag to nutrients?

Do not have a fan intake set up, but bottom windows on two sides match up to a 150mm (6inch) vent to outside, do you think this sufficient? or should I duct a fan from vent into tent?

Welcome to :420: Curious!! Ill pull up a chair and stick around if you don't mind. I would add cal-mag whenever you feed them nutes, I would also raise your light up a bit 13in seems close. Enjoy your day!!!

That would be great Cav! The more the merrier.
Ok will add cal mag and lift a little, have flushed them now. I'll wait and see trying to dry them out a little. thanks.

Thanks kind! I thought that the better option, just thought I would ask cheers.

Thanks Iceland.

Well see how she goes I've learnt alot in the last two weeks. I believe my next will have worked out most of the kinks.

Thanks for the comments! :)

Hello again, ok going into third week now (indoor) 6 week total. Have spent a little time with some training.
Four of my five ladies are spitting a couple curlies in the armpits, which is great news but my top right has begun to get a a little sparse in comparison to the other four, which I'm beginning to think she might be a he. I did have a malfunction with a timer which stopped lights and fan and only gave them about ten hours worth of light for that day. Maybe this has caused white pistols? Smell increasing too.
I'm still on water and Dr Repair they are looking a lot healthier now. Which is great I would feel comfortable flipping them anytime now.
photo 219 23-7-21.jpg

Should I expect at least a double the height increase when flipping?
Could the problem with the light possibly have started them flowering?
Should I flip them now that they have pistils in the arm pits and smells increasing?
Should I clean out a couple of bottom branches that don't get much light? To help focus growth on top? As they are about 14 inches now.

Any feed back would be great, thanks.

Hello peoples,
A little update, my ladies have finished their last week of vege and are currently in fourth day of flowering @ a 12/12 light cycle. All are looking pretty healthy and happy now, maybe a little crammed. Nute tank ph'd everyday (so important lesson learnt the hard way), still running 1/4 strength nutrients at 700 PPM on a water/feed/water cycle. Finding it hard to get the humidity down, which is sitting anywhere between 50 & 60%. Should I be concerned coming into flowering? I know I should be trying to keep it down to around 40%. I was thinking of adding a few fans? as I cannot afford a air conditioner at present. Any suggestions or advice would be great! Also can I defoliate gowing into flowering?
20181103_100959.jpg

20181103_101102.jpg

Hello peoples,
A little update, my ladies have finished their last week of vege and are currently in fourth day of flowering @ a 12/12 light cycle. All are looking pretty healthy and happy now, maybe a little crammed. Nute tank ph'd everyday (so important lesson learnt the hard way), still running 1/4 strength nutrients at 700 PPM on a water/feed/water cycle. Finding it hard to get the humidity down, which is sitting anywhere between 50 & 60%. Should I be concerned coming into flowering? I know I should be trying to keep it down to around 40%. I was thinking of adding a few fans? as I cannot afford a air conditioner at present. Any suggestions or advice would be great! Also can I defoliate gowing into flowering?
20181103_100959.jpg

20181103_101102.jpg

I don't see a problem with your humidity between 50-60%, even during flowering. You don't want to be too dry either. I say you're good at those levels, however, if you're concerned, you can buy a dehumidifier. They should not be as expensive as an AC unit.

I would be careful trimming too many fan leaves, although you're still early into flowering. Some minor trimming should be O.K. When you trim, you affect the hormones, so be careful. Some should be OK.

On the positive side I have just started my first clones, thought I'd give it ago 5 x Strawberry Cough. They were dipped in clonex for about 5mins before being placed into cups of normal tap water (not sure if there was any point), glad wrap and a home made humidity dome. Any advice would be great!
20181102_131557.jpg

20181102_131643.jpg

I don't see a problem with your humidity between 50-60%, even during flowering. You don't want to be too dry either. I say you're good at those levels, however, if you're concerned, you can buy a dehumidifier. They should not be as expensive as an AC unit.

I would be careful trimming too many fan leaves, although you're still early into flowering. Some minor trimming should be O.K. When you trim, you affect the hormones, so be careful. Some should be OK.

Ok Bakind, I didn't know that, thanks. Maybe I'll just leave them alone, experimemt on next grow use results from this on next grow.

Have a big gnat problem though :( really big pain in the ass, I am worried they go in to get caught up the flowers. Using a product called unnatural which seems to be helping, but they are still about?

What type of gnats? If they are some sort of fungus gnat, be careful, as they lay eggs in your soil that will hatch larvae and they will feed on the roots of your plants.

If the above is the case, you may have to take action. I would make sure that you're not over watering as you're creating the perfect conditions for them to thrive. Let your soil dry out some. If you have them in your soil already, then you'll have KILL them. In the future, If fungus gnats are a problem for you, then you may want to add sand to the top layer of your pots, to prevent the larvae from getting to your roots.

There are several ways to get rid of them. Look up fungus gnat management and you should find a lot of solutions. I remember when these unwelcomed guests arrived in my pepper garden, I used yellow paper with adhesive, to kill off a lot of the adults. They are attracted to yellow. However, that doesn't kill off the larvae in your soil, so take action immediately if this is the case.

Yes, they are fungus gnats! Little bastards, lol. I'm filling a yellow sticky square every two days atm. Im using a product (gnatural) that the larvae ingest supposed to kill them in 12hrs but they keep coming seems I need another attack plan. Back to the drawing board. Will do some more research, tried drying them out but they came back with a vengence :(

Apple cider vinegar works great for adult fungus gnats and diatomaceous earth works good to kill larva as they hatch if sprinkled on top of your soil.
Thanks Orlando,
Apple cider vinegar do you mean in spray or in a glass to attract? Will definitely look Into Diatomaceous earth.

Yes, they are fungus gnats! Little bastards, lol. I'm filling a yellow sticky square every two days atm. Im using a product (gnatural) that the larvae ingest supposed to kill them in 12hrs but they keep coming seems I need another attack plan. Back to the drawing board. Will do some more research, tried drying them out but they came back with a vengence :(
Wow bro if your filling a yellow sticky in just 2 days that's a bad infestation. It's best to use a number of treatments or you will create super gnats. They will get immune to what your using. I switch between neem oil, diatomaceous earth, and dawn dish soap.

Back
Top Bottom