Curious' 1st Indoor Soil, Blue Dream, Strawberry Cough & Ice Grow Journal Oct 2018

Wow bro if your filling a yellow sticky in just 2 days that's a bad infestation. It's best to use a number of treatments or you will create super gnats. They will get immune to what your using. I switch between neem oil, diatomaceous earth, and dawn dish soap.
Yeah man its pretty bad, nooooooo! Thats all my little world needs is super gnats. Ok thanks will do, will try those in rotation cheers!

Wow bro if your filling a yellow sticky in just 2 days that's a bad infestation. It's best to use a number of treatments or you will create super gnats. They will get immune to what your using. I switch between neem oil, diatomaceous earth, and dawn dish soap.

Yes, that was years ago in my pepper garden. They caught me off guard, and the larvae were successful in eating all the roots, and destroyed my pepper plants, because I did not take action in time.

Yes, they are fungus gnats! Little bastards, lol. I'm filling a yellow sticky square every two days atm. Im using a product (gnatural) that the larvae ingest supposed to kill them in 12hrs but they keep coming seems I need another attack plan. Back to the drawing board. Will do some more research, tried drying them out but they came back with a vengence :(

Try a mixture of hydrogen peroxide and water in the soil, but make sure that you get the parts right. I have never tried it, but many say that it works. Good luck!. In your case, it may be beneficial for you to lower your temps, and humidity in your grow.

Yes, that was years ago in my pepper garden. They caught me off guard, and the larvae were successful in eating all the roots, and destroyed my pepper plants, because I did not take action in time.
That would have been terrible! I will be spewing if I loose them, all that time and effort, lol. Will be going straight to the shops in the morning thanks again for your help and guidance.

Progress update

By the looks of my sticky traps the neem oil used for my fungus gnats has them under control, thank God. Will be bringing some sand home home from work to cover the bases just incase they flare up again. Was really starting to worry I wouldnt get them sorted before the strawberries started growing, dont think they would compliment their taste/flavour very well.
20181106_190332.jpg

20181107_094745.jpg

They have just finished first week of flowering on the 07/11. By the looks of it all ladies are ladies so great news there :yahoo:. I am running 12/12 light cycle, 1/2 strength nutrients @700ppm, instead of 1/4 strength @400PPM now feeding 2x daily (Will see how they handle that). PH is being kept at 6 just because everything seems to be running smooth at that level.
I still have a little under a week of stretch, really hoping they start slowing down as I'm running out of space... Till next time :rollit:party on!
20181108_155323.jpg

Day 15 of flowering things are finally starting to get a little exciting.:yummy:
20181115_190253.jpg

I have probably let them vege a little to long, as I had to remove the stands from underneath (gravity fed waste) as they were about 10cm off my cool tube. They showed no signs of discomfort, no burning, drooping or curling, but to be safe I have dropped them about 150mm just incase they haven't stopped growing (hopefully they have).
20181115_190342.jpg

Being my first time growing I haven't done a great deal to them, two have been tipped once and I have done a little LST just so I can get a feel for it all. Think I will have a try at scrogging next grow or is that a little too much for a second grow?
20181115_190226.jpg

Nutrients are still at half strength @700PPM, PH still at 6. Humidity is up to about 60% as we are having a little rain, temperature is about 25 degrees celsius.
Overall I think they are looking pretty healthy, very excited for my ladies to fully blossom. :)

Day 21 of flowering my Strawberry Cough is looking promising. Having a 10-12 week flower cycle I feel she will (fingers crossed) have a positive outcome.
20181122_191631.jpg

20181122_191651.jpg

My other ladies are looking quite healthy although (2 x ice and 2 x blue dream 8-10wk flower) they have not stopped growing? Unfortunately, passing the light which is already on the ceiling. From what I read this could be caused by overcrowding (plants fighting for light), flipping them to late? They are in very large pots, but I thought they would stop a couple of weeks into flowering.
Could anybody shed some light on other possibilities for this happening and what I might be able to to do to stop or train them? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
20181122_191659.jpg
20181122_191613.jpg
20181122_191555.jpg

Attachments

• 20181122_191717.jpg
    20181122_191717.jpg
    618.6 KB · Views: 48
Have a big gnat problem though :( really big pain in the ass, I am worried they go in to get caught up the flowers. Using a product called unnatural which seems to be helping, but they are still about?

Hey hey noob!
:hmmmm:
A fan, blowing across the top of the soil, will help. They cant fly with the breeze.

I'd also spray the soil & plants down well with neem oil or spinosad to ensure you're good.

Nothing worse than getting midway through flower and finding pests. Nuke that shit now before the ladies get to much further along. LoL

Set-up looks great! Hope you get a great finish.

:passitleft:

Day 21 of flowering my Strawberry Cough is looking promising. Having a 10-12 week flower cycle I feel she will (fingers crossed) have a positive outcome.
20181122_191631.jpg

20181122_191651.jpg

My other ladies are looking quite healthy although (2 x ice and 2 x blue dream 8-10wk flower) they have not stopped growing? Unfortunately, passing the light which is already on the ceiling. From what I read this could be caused by overcrowding (plants fighting for light), flipping them to late? They are in very large pots, but I thought they would stop a couple of weeks into flowering.
Could anybody she'd some light on other possibilities for this and what I might be able to to do to stop or train them? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
20181122_191659.jpg
20181122_191613.jpg
20181122_191555.jpg
Super-cropping them tall branches sounds like the answer, but I'm no expert on those thangs....

My homegirl @newty is a pro though! LoL
(Shameless plug)
Check out her journal if you're interested. Cropping & Training is on point over there.

Hey hey noob!
:hmmmm:
A fan, blowing across the top of the soil, will help. They cant fly with the breeze.

I'd also spray the soil & plants down well with neem oil or spinosad to ensure you're good.

Nothing worse than getting midway through flower and finding pests. Nuke that shit now before the ladies get to much further along. LoL

Set-up looks great! Hope you get a great finish.

Tell me about it, horrible fungus gnat problem, but under control now thank god. Neem oil did a great job, fan is a great idea! Will keep that one in the bank, Thanks man.

Super-cropping them tall branches sounds like the answer, but I'm no expert on those thangs....

My homegirl @newty is a pro though! LoL
(Shameless plug)
Check out her journal if you're interested. Cropping & Training is on point over there.

Was thinking that, just not to sure being few weeks into flower how it would affect them? Will check out her feeds :high-five:

Hello @newty, preton9mm was saying you might have a little info to help me out. I noticed in a couple of your photos you super cropped one of your ladies that looks to be in the beginning stages of flowering how did that turn out for you? I'm going into fourth week now and I'm concerned it may affect her flowering cycle?

Holla:) Nice to meet you! Yes I supercrop in flower all the time and seems lately I am doing it everyday. I’ll attach a couple pics and a video I made my dad to teach him how to supercrop. Now as the stems get woodier, the supercrop gets to be more risky.

Hot off the press and not even in my journal yet is yesterday’s assault on my Blue Dream.
I supercropped her tallest branch as it is getting too close to the light. This is the 3rd time I’ve supercropped this same branch, all happened in the first 2 weeks of flower. This is yesterday, day 13 of flower.

Yesterday morning, pinched and laid flat
273173CA-F0ED-4794-A137-D744911E9073.jpeg
0AC974DD-F087-4DB4-BD30-FADFE9FC7653.jpeg

This was yesterday, 6 hours later
4D4524D3-38E6-4472-909A-90D5EABA3FBD.jpeg
6CF1220F-860E-4B8A-9DE3-3F8C93F90F21.jpeg
0657D2A3-0D27-4CD1-9063-F14D0417E327.jpeg

Now she’s a couple inches shorter.

Keep in mind this is considered high stress training and if they are healthy and vigorous they will bounce back quick. If they are not healthy, supercropping is not suggested as it can stunt them and be more susceptible to disease. I always weigh the pros and the cons and do a sort of cost benefit analysis. If I am supercropping in flower, it’s because benefits outweigh the risks involved:)

Yours look healthy, but they are very tall so be careful and use support yoyo’s or tape to help keep the weight off bend if you pinch too much. Good luck!

Here’s a short video

Legend, @newty you have cleared up alot of my concerns, thank you. I cant believe how quick the turn around is. I'll try experiment with my ladies a little tomorrow and see how goes, think there about six that need it done. Nice meeting you aswell :)
P.s. do they usually stop growing once in flowering after first couple of weeks?

@newty I took yours and @Preston9mm advice and super cropped the tops of the stems that were to tall. It's remarkable how quickly they turn around, they really are resilient. Thank you kindly for going out of your way with the information you provided.
20181125_163722.jpg

Not the best image, I had to climb through the jungle that it is, to do and get the photo. Bottom right you can already see the tip turning back up, after 3 hours. Now i just have to hope they survive the procedure.

@newty I took yours and @Preston9mm advice and super cropped the tops of the stems that were to tall. It's remarkable how quickly they turn around, they really are resilient. Thank you kindly for going out of your way with the information you provided.
20181125_163722.jpg

Not the best image, I had to climb through the jungle that it is, to do and get the photo. Bottom right you can already see the tip turning back up, after 3 hours. Now i just have to hope they survive the procedure.
Hell yeah buddy!

Yeeehawww!! If they didn’t die within 12 hours your pretty much safe;)
:welldone:

Also your question! Yes after the 2-3 weeks of stretch in flower, they stop producing vegetation, stop getting taller and focus
mainly on building buds:)
#tagteam
:high-five:

Good mornin' sis!

Proud daddy moment! Isn't she pretty! Day 28 of flowering and my little girl is becoming a mature lady, lol.
20181127_191918.jpg

(Strawberry Cough is still leading the way) lucky I got a couple clones, well maybe one. Lol, not bad for a first attempt at cloning, lol.
20181113_162615.jpg

Nutrients are still at half strength, PPM of 700 and a ph 6. BAC a + b, BAC rotalumits, BAC F1 extreme booster, and CYGNO ryzo. Feeding twice a week on bigger pots every second on smaller pots, flushing once a week. Started using BAC F1 extreme booster at quarter strength, couple weeks I will go to half strength. Using frooting power a few weeks before finish.
Have a good day.:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom