Curling down leaves! Need help

CicoNavaro

I cant figure out what's the problem with my leafs, the whole plant just curling down and have slowed rapidly the grow, it's been a week now

The color of the plant seems to be very good and healthy but in the other the curling happened!

I lollipoped her and did some topping the past cause i thought it will help.. but it still remains the same!

My soil ph is 5,5-6,5 and i water her every 3-4 days
Temp is also good from 23-29C

I am afraid maybe she is dying?

420-magazine-mobile1293638733.jpg
420-magazine-mobile76975082.jpg
420-magazine-mobile929415445.jpg
420-magazine-mobile11604534.jpg

Looking at size of pots and depth of soil, I wonder if they could be root bound. How long has it been in those pots?

Do the pots have good drainage? Are you allowing them to dry out between waterings? Watering plants this size every 3 days may be over watering problem. Since you say that growth has slowed way down, I doubt they would be drinking heavily enough to dry out in 3 days, although if your temps are high and you have a lot of air movement that may not be the problem.

I'm not a long time grower, but my advice would be to allow them to dry out to point they are light when you pick them up and when you stick finger in soil it feels dry to second knuckle. Then when you water, do so only until you get a little run off and whatever isn't wicked back up remove so they aren't sitting in water and get root rot.

Hope that helps. Just one guys opinion from his limited experience.

My Blueberry Kush plants droop like this shortly after watering, but perk back up within a few hours. They also tend to droop like this when they grow to close to lights and don't like the heat. How far away are your lights and what type lighting are you using?

One more thought... what kind of soil is it in and what nutes are you feeding if any? She may have hit a wall because she's hungry.
It's praktiker soil with perlite on 7 gallon pot with good drainage. I moved it 2 weeks ago

I have 600w hps and 1cfl 105w it was 20cm away but today i moved it to 40cm
It has plenty of fresh air and the temps are controlled by air-condition. Its usually droping the temps because of the summers heat

I am using bio micro-nuts nothing special

She is over watered or over nute, get her out of that pot and into a 5 gallon pail of room temp water. Shake some of the roots loose to let clean oxygenated water in and allow them to breath fresh water for 5 minutes. Take them out gently then re-pot in some moist to dry soil. The important thing here is to wait 12 hours before watering. Give it a strong nute solution of 2800 ppm. That will jump start any stragglers. I've had the same problem in the past and a good soaking to clean those roots of what ever is bothering her will deffenitly help. You will see the difference within a day or 2.

She is over watered or over nute, get her out of that pot and into a 5 gallon pail of room temp water. Shake some of the roots loose to let clean oxygenated water in and allow them to breath fresh water for 5 minutes. Take them out gently then re-pot in some moist to dry soil. The important thing here is to wait 12 hours before watering. Give it a strong nute solution of 2800 ppm. That will jump start any stragglers. I've had the same problem in the past and a good soaking to clean those roots of what ever is bothering her will deffenitly help. You will see the difference within a day or 2.
So for better understanding.
Is it the pot too big for the plant or the soil doesnt fit her? Or both?
I had no problems eith this soil when i transplanted her 2 weeks ago, she loved it and i found her growing so fast on her new home.

So I have to carefully get her out, clean any soil left on the roots and put her into clean water for 5 minutes. Then i have to transplant her into the new 5 gallon pot, should i direct the roots or just throw her into the soil and she will find the way?
I am afraid of damaging any of them, could this be a problem that she can recover ?

Sorry for so many questions i am a bit nervous . .

I did what you suggested.. fuck i think i screwed everything, every chance that this plant had to survive..

I accidentally cut some of the roots through the procedure.. all the roots were healthy and white, there was no root-rot or anything bad with the whole rooth system.

I think i just overwatered her 5 days ago because the soil was moist down there..

I repoted her into the same pot with the same soil.

Is there any chance that she will survive throught that stress?
Did i over damaged her ??

I am not sure.. desperatly i need your help. 2 months of veg cant be thrown that way . .

In your other thread asking for help you mentioned you'd recently repotted. Sometimes that slows their growth a bit. And if you repot correctly you get a good saturation and because the roots haven't yet expanded to use that water you usually don't need to water again for a week or more.

Lesson learned. Most problems have very simple solutions. Always start with the lowest impact solutions first.

Patience is key. Remember the will to survive and propagate the species is huge with these weeds. They will do everything they can to survive. We sometimes just have to let them. When we help it's often a process of elimination so easiest and simplest comes first.

As long as you didn't cut the main tap root off, it will likely recover, but you have to let the plant tell you what it needs. Don't water it again until it perks up and then do so only when you see the first sign of the ends of leaves drooping. That won't hurt her. She will thank you for the water and take off.

In the mean time research NPK and understand what they each do for the plant. Choose a nute regimen. Start slow and low and build up as the plant shows you it likes what you're doing. Adjust lighting based on temp right at the tops if you don't have a lux meter. Try to keep temp at top of canopy at a constant lights on temp under 80 F.... like 75-78F

Only manipulate the plant and make any significant changes when plant is healthy and putting on new healthy growth tips. Everything you do, do one thing at a time and watch for her response. Otherwise you don't learn and don't know which thing she didn't like.

Take is slow and be patient and remember that nothing is worth doing if you can't enjoy and learn from the process. That's life... it's about the process!!

Sorry I'm so wordy. Just like to help as much as I can because I've been helped so much.

Something to consider... what if you put all this time and effort in and she ended up being a He. Pretty devastating right? We need to be prepared and have a plan B to avoid the disappointments that WILL come. Maybe a 2' single T5 over a shelf with a few seedlings coming behind would ease the stress. If she doesn't recover or something else catastrophic happens at least you have a backup.

In your other thread asking for help you mentioned you'd recently repotted. Sometimes that slows their growth a bit. And if you repot correctly you get a good saturation and because the roots haven't yet expanded to use that water you usually don't need to water again for a week or more.

Lesson learned. Most problems have very simple solutions. Always start with the lowest impact solutions first.

Patience is key. Remember the will to survive and propagate the species is huge with these weeds. They will do everything they can to survive. We sometimes just have to let them. When we help it's often a process of elimination so easiest and simplest comes first.

As long as you didn't cut the main tap root off, it will likely recover, but you have to let the plant tell you what it needs. Don't water it again until it perks up and then do so only when you see the first sign of the ends of leaves drooping. That won't hurt her. She will thank you for the water and take off.

In the mean time research NPK and understand what they each do for the plant. Choose a nute regimen. Start slow and low and build up as the plant shows you it likes what you're doing. Adjust lighting based on temp right at the tops if you don't have a lux meter. Try to keep temp at top of canopy at a constant lights on temp under 80 F.... like 75-78F

Only manipulate the plant and make any significant changes when plant is healthy and putting on new healthy growth tips. Everything you do, do one thing at a time and watch for her response. Otherwise you don't learn and don't know which thing she didn't like.

Take is slow and be patient and remember that nothing is worth doing if you can't enjoy and learn from the process. That's life... it's about the process!!
Couldnt have said better! Thanks, now i get it, you so right abou the surviving, it was just me killing it without knowing..

The strain got to me accidentally from a friend, i dont have any plan B.. I am just learning and really enjoying grow her..

But yea, i learnt many things till now for my next grow

Not all heroes wear capes!! And you are a hero.

I did everything you said, all the precedure step by step, but i let her 10 minutes instead of 5 and didnt add any solution for recovery, just water

This is yesterday:
420-magazine-mobile1234454786.jpg

And this today:
420-magazine-mobile1039804977.jpg
420-magazine-mobile129992321.jpg
420-magazine-mobile508104673.jpg

Thanks bro! Now i will wait 3-4 more days before i give her any water!

She got damage on some of the leafs, what's the next step?

420-magazine-mobile372684891.jpg
420-magazine-mobile916276354.jpg

Back
Top Bottom