Curling leaves on seedlings?

grino21

20160318_204233.jpg

Hi fellow growers I'm just wondering if anyone knows why my leaves are curling? And when would you recommend to start feeding? The plants are 22 days old.

Tap water ph 6.3
Humidity is around 45
Temp around 19c

I am having the exact same thing happening to mine right now..

My guess? By the looks of your soil, its very similar to mine. Has some peat in it too. I think I was under watering mine as they were fine before transplant. Then into a 12 Liter pail, one cup of water just isn't enough to get the surrounding soil at least wet for the roots to move through if they need to.. According to another site I just saw, a container that size can take up to 3 liters of water every few days.. I was only giving it maybe 1/2 a liter tops., will let you know !

They may also be too close to the light or have a fan blowing directly on them, maybe drying the leaves out.

IMG_109134.JPG
image8764.jpeg

Hi sometimes it dropped to 16 17 but I'm only using a super cool 250w cfl st the moment I plan on changing my light to a dual spectrum 600w hps for final week of veg and figured this would warm the tent alot. My tents 1.2m×1.2×2m and I haven't checked my ph run of that's just the ph water I'm putting in I thought it should be between 5.5 and 6.5 ?

Hey just passing I was also thinking this I have maybe only be giving them about half to 1 litre for all 5 plants lol so if that's true I'm way of. Let me know how they go man and I'll keep you updated on mine.

try lifting your temperature cage up next to the plant to get a proper reading set it in the bag i will be cooler on the floor where it is .23/27 is a good temp , under watering is 1000s times better than over watering , if they are under watered the stems will drop to let you know a liter for each would be good enough let the bottom roots go on the hunt , big roots big fruits :thumb:

I allways thaught cupping leaves were signs of temp issues. Could be ph tho there at the stage now where they will feed .. could be the start of a ph issue lm sure soil is best 6.5-7 ? Temps under the light could be alot warmer causing this also like justpassing said before

Thanks man I'll do that right away and I'll start to give them a little more water then as the top of soil does seem to be drying out alot quicker now.

I also forgot to ask how would you go about training white widow x big bud ? I read up that it wasn't a good idea to top them as you lose the 1 main cola and it doesn't increase yield having 2 smaller ones. I don't have a clue though I just wanted to know how to increase yield as you cannot train in flower right?

Thats a good question . Usually training is done to maximize yield right . But maximizing yield in your grow may differ to how i maximize yield in mine, ie. head room for example i couldnt grow single cola plants unless they were small auto's or indica photo's 12/12 from seed. I dont have room for them to stretch vertically. I havent toped my plants they are clones of clones in a perpetual grow and they allways have alternating nodes .. not even branches. So lst bending them as they stretch makes it possible for me. Also type of lights and there power to penertrate through a thick canopy or down through taller single cola plants plays a big part in yield. You have good headroom and a good idea to use a 600w hps for flower .. keep temps in mind ducting / cooltube help reduce hps heat but at a sacrifice for lumens . Good idea to search for others that have grown this strain if your unfamiliar with its characteristics. I have 2 phenotypes of the the same strain atm 1 that doubles in size and one that tripples which is a pain.

I was going to put them into flower when they are atleast 1 foot tall but I have read up this strain tends to grow bushy and wide more than tall. I'm debating on the training as a first timer.

20160319_095906.jpg

So say if my plants was only 7 inches tall but really wide and bushy covering my fabric pot would this be ideal enough for a good yield as I'm hoping to get 3oz a plant.

20160319_095906.jpg

So say if my plants was only 7 inches tall but really wide and bushy covering my fabric pot would this be ideal enough for a good yield as I'm hoping to get 3oz a plant.

Hey, good morning !

I don't have enough posts to send a private message... Lol.

I did water them good in the midst of this symptom. However the tap water was at 8 on the ph and no nutes. They look the same today, grower told me the Bubbas Gift can be a picky grow in the beginning.

I have 2 part nutes now he sold me at the store mixed at 1/4 strength but they are still full from their last watering on Friday so I don't want to drown them. Another thing that I've been watching and reading about is magnesium deficiency... Symptoms look similar..

Let me know what you think and we'll solve this !

Never grown ww x bb but i can tell you that straight ww will bush out like mad. I have 2 Feminised Seeds WW from Gorilla Seed Co and they are the bushiest plants i have ever grown. Before i awitched them to flowering they were maybe a foot tall but filled my 3 x 2 tent from side to side and front to back. They have doubled in height since the switch and are so thick and lush. A thick, rectangular bush. Im definitely going to have to do some light defol now that stretch is done. I topped them both once and supercropped and have an absolute ton of bud sights on the canopy.
20160315_123651.jpg

Sorry the pic is sideways. My android is giving me problems during upload.

Back
Top Bottom