Curling leaves

FarmerNae

420 Member
Ok so I just started flowering 2 weeks ago and about 2 days ago I noticed some of my plant leaves are curling down. Does anyone know why they might b doing that and how I could fix it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    447.2 KB · Views: 73
The classic claw... you are giving way too many nutes and probably the wrong kind of nutes... and your plant is saying too much nitrogen!! Too much of everything!!!
So what did you do? What grow medium is this? If you mixed up the nutes too strong in soil you can flush 3x the container size in water through there and then start again when it dries back out in a few days.

I don’t use nutrients. But could I be the pH because recently it’s been around 6.9 or 7
did you add something to the soil that wasnt cooked in? Do you have raw compost in there that the roots maybe ran into?
what exactly was measured to give a pH of 6.9 or 7?
You have me puzzled now and wide awake trying to figure this out... is this soil? How large of a container? Are there holes in the bottom of it for drainage? How hot is it in there?

I’m not sure why the pH in the water has been so high all of a sudden.
The temperature is usually around 25-27 Celsius.
I haven’t mixed anything in the soil
The containers are 6” but that plant is my oldest and biggest so it’s in a 3 L pot

I’m not sure why the pH in the water has been so high all of a sudden.
The temperature is usually around 25-27 Celsius.
I haven’t mixed anything in the soil
The containers are 6” but that plant is my oldest and biggest so it’s in a 3 L pot

Welcome to :420:... we are here to help!!!

I know @Emilya is trying to help and I understand why she is confused. From the color of the leaves it looks like too much nitrogen.

If you can provide some more pictures, and give as many details about your grow, the diagnosis will be easier for sure.

Do you use tap water? Well water? Is this happening to other plants in your garden etc.

Help us to help you :)

Unless we can diagnose exactly what the issue is ... then maybe you should try to flush one plant and see what happens.

Right now ... if your water is "hard" ... has Carbonates ... and the ppm is high ... like 400+ ... then over time your soil pH goes up.

But we needs lots of information and pictures to make those decisions ...

Maybe when this is resolved you can start a grow journal :)

I have a grow journal so I’ve noticed difference in the water and the plants. Right now I am flushing the plants to see if it was the ph.

Well ... don't panic ... I'm sure things will work out :)

After your flush just leave them for a few days to dry out ... but I'm sure you knew that already :)

Also, gently dig down in the soil around the edges of the pot a few inches ... be careful not to disrupt the roots too much ... look for anomalies ... like little pests ... strange smells ... it might be a long shot ... but every bit of information helps!

Please keep us updated amigo :)

What type of potting soil are you using? Miracle Grow?

I think you just hit on the major problem. Yes, the pH is high and you need to adjust your water down into the proper range, every time or at least the last bit of this recent flush. There are many easy ways to add a little acid to the mix and get that pH down to 6.3... every time.

That is not the major problem though. The major problem is that you have large plants and large roots in small containers. Even 3L is no longer big enough for your ever expanding weeds. We usually don't see it this severe, but your leaves are definitely pointing down to the roots with their complaint, and they are screaming at us that they are severely root bound. It is time to up-pot, and these plants will all spring to life in a dramatic fashion with all the extra fresh soil. Find containers around 3x bigger than these, and give them new digs, they will love you for it. :love:

I think you just hit on the major problem. Yes, the pH is high and you need to adjust your water down into the proper range, every time or at least the last bit of this recent flush. There are many easy ways to add a little acid to the mix and get that pH down to 6.3... every time.

That is not the major problem though. The major problem is that you have large plants and large roots in small containers. Even 3L is no longer big enough for your ever expanding weeds. We usually don't see it this severe, but your leaves are definitely pointing down to the roots with their complaint, and they are screaming at us that they are severely root bound. It is time to up-pot, and these plants will all spring to life in a dramatic fashion with all the extra fresh soil. Find containers around 3x bigger than these, and give them new digs, they will love you for it. :love:
Thank you I will try this today

I use promix
You will have to mention which of the many different mixes sold by ProMix that you are using.

Some of them are just a mix of peat moss and perlite and have no available nutrients. IOW, some of them do not have any soil mixed in at all and are not to be used as if it is a growing soil. These are growing media and have to be treated differently than a soil mix.

Take a photo that shows the entire front of the bag and someone will know exactly what is in the mix. Or, use the part number on your receipt and what the actual mix is can be found on the ProMix website. Just guessing could, and probably will, result in someone else guessing what help is needed.

Have fun today.

Back
Top Bottom