Curly leaves?

Emendems

420 Member
Hey guys!

I need some help!
I'd like to determinate the gender of my plant and ask about these strange curly leaves. What am I doing wrong?
I am running a 300W LED light. I havent added any additives yet. I went to 12/12 about a week ago.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_20200913_161909.jpg
    IMG_20200913_161909.jpg
    645.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20200913_161907.jpg
    IMG_20200913_161907.jpg
    663.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20200913_161906.jpg
    IMG_20200913_161906.jpg
    625.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20200913_162737.jpg
    IMG_20200913_162737.jpg
    712.6 KB · Views: 25
@Emendems not to alarm anyone. This year a placed an OLD bamboo stick next to my AC/DC. She stopped growing and started producing curled leaves like that. It appeared as a tiny miniscule critter was chomping on my tiny leaves and as they grew out they were twisted just like yours. I NEVER saw the pest. I believed it to be some kind of mite. (Russet mites?) Anyways, i ended up using copious amounts of Neem ans sprayed the heck out of her. Still had curly leaves a couple weeks later. I upped the temp of the Neem Oil to very warm and cupped one of my hands around the growing shoots and sprayed the mixture to fill my hand amd create a bath or sorts that flooded the hand holding the growing shoot. The mixture may have been too warm. The leaves looked scorched next following days. The AC/DC rebounded but it was too late. My Harley-Tsu took advantage of the slow growth on the AC/DC and is now smothering it. She did rebound.

I have not seen curled growth like that outside of mites. (Though i never saw them) I am just thinking. I could be incorrect. I am often wrong. :) but it feels so right.

The light is about 30 cm from the plant. I'll put it higher then. I checked but I dont see anything moving in the plant. Also its a closed cabinet in my room, so I don't know how anything could get in here :/

Attachments

• IMG_20200913_180808.jpg
    IMG_20200913_180808.jpg
    549.4 KB · Views: 26
Thanks for chiming in @Patient puffer

@Emendems bugs are sneaky little critters. They can stick to your hands and or clothes from when your outside, and then transfer onto the plants without your knowledge. They can also get through the smallest of cracks.

not saying they are bugs causing this, but I’m saying it’s a great possibility. Something to think about.
it’s definitely odd. My plants have never looked like that.
I’m sorry if you already disclosed this information, but have you grown it from seed? Or pick up a clone?

The light is about 30 cm from the plant. I'll put it higher then. I checked but I dont see anything moving in the plant. Also its a closed cabinet in my room, so I don't know how anything could get in here :/

they're near microscopic. they get in everywhere. they are often times on houseplants etc, and pets bring them in all the time. they move on wind currents outdoor. like @Backlipslide i'm not sure its pests either.

i'm wondering what it is in for media, and how much, and what the feed sched is...

Thing is I onced had spider mites and they are hard to spot, but definitely visible. I checked the plant and haven't found any.
What I suspect after reading some articles is that I might have overwatered the plant, also the light was too close and the fan might also have blowed to strong. So now I fixed these I hope my plant will be fine

overwater and wind damage both track by the look

edit: it looks like it could have used an up pot a few wks ago

Hey guys!

I need some help!
I'd like to determinate the gender of my plant and ask about these strange curly leaves. What am I doing wrong?
I am running a 300W LED light. I havent added any additives yet. I went to 12/12 about a week ago.

Thanks in advance!
I'm no expert,but excess OVERHEATING is a fragile plants invisible nme.
Grow tents over 27C will wilt leaves fast in weeks time.
Raise your led and open the zipper works for me since I'm not exhausting air yet,and only
Trouble is alot of the these CONDITIONS are difficult to see or understand

I'm no expert,but excess OVERHEATING is a fragile plants invisible nme.
Grow tents over 27C will wilt leaves fast in weeks time.
Raise your led and open the zipper works for me since I'm not exhausting air yet,and only
Trouble is alot of the these CONDITIONS are difficult to see or understand

i've had no issues at 27 or above. just not for extended periods, i've had it sit right around there for weeks at a throw in flower during summer with zero trouble though.

that burple is so weak i doubt it burn a match head .... :cheesygrinsmiley:
hang it at whatever height you like, he needs light for sure.

Back
Top Bottom