Current/Completed/Abandoned?

Did we lose the separate sub-sections for garden journals, or is my reality perception slipping again?

Yes and No.

Yes, the sub-forums for Completed and Abandoned journals are gone. From what I noticed all the journals were merged into the one Forum. The Completed and Abandoned journals now have a tag at the very beginning of each one that says whether it is Completed or Abandoned.

Start scrolling through that Forum and about 11 or 12 pages in the Abandoned journals start showing up which gives us an idea of how many Active journals there are currently still being worked on.

No, your reality is continuing along in its own continuum just as ours does for the rest of us.;)

I had noticed the change a week or two ago and did not pay attention until you asked.

So is there still a way to browse completed grow journals? That was THE feature that set it apart from
Code:
rollitupgrasscitythctalkautoflowernetworkicmagmarijuanapassionetc.

So is there still a way to browse completed grow journals? That was THE feature that set it apart
Yes but it takes 5 to 10 pages one at a time to get there. No telling when the first one will show up so just jumping to page 10 as an examples means we would be likely to miss several of the most recent to get the 'completed' or ' abandoned' highlighting.

On the plus side, the little highlighted marking will now appear in the person's 'signature file'. That feature almost makes up for the other one which is a bit inconvenient.

Hi @TorturedSoul & @SmokingWings - yes we are doing some reorganizing to improve the site in the long run, sorry for any inconvenience

You can go to Grow > Grow Journals then use the filter on the right and select 'Completed' or 'Abandoned' from the drop-down menu
Hope that helps

Hi @TorturedSoul & @SmokingWings - yes we are doing some reorganizing to improve the site in the long run, sorry for any inconvenience

You can go to Grow > Grow Journals then use the filter on the right and select 'Completed' or 'Abandoned' from the drop-down menu
Hope that helps

I guess, as intentional pains in the ass inflicted on one's customers/users go, it could be worse. I cannot guess at why the change occurred, though. It doesn't seem like it would be a time saver, since you'd still have to add the thing to the subject line (or otherwise designate a thread as being "complete"/etc.). But maybe it is, somehow. I hope so.

Yeah, thanks for providing me with a workaround to the problem feature. That could be of use to others, too. You should make a "How to See a List of ONLY Completed (or Abandoned) Grow Journal Threads" thread, post it in that section, and set it as a sticky. I'm guessing that many dont' realize that they can do that.

Yeah, thanks for providing me with a workaround to the feature. That could be of use to others, too. You should make a "How to See a List of ONLY Completed (or Abandoned) Grow Journal Threads" thread, post it in that section, and set it as a sticky. I'm guessing that many dont' realize that they can do that.
That's a great idea TS! :thanks:

@Marc Ocean @Roy Growin please create this for the members and @Teddy Edwards please make sure it makes it in the next website news and update :thanks:

I did follow Roy's instructions, and it wasn't as much of a PITA as I'd assumed it would be. But, yes, some sort of explanation would be helpful, methinks. I'm not a 70-year old who is using a computer device for the first time, but in no longer a kid who instinctively makes intuitive leaps without conscious thought. I'd like to think I'm still "in between," at least, but... it's not just the body that's experiencing issues now :(. Cognitive decline is supposed to be a thing for OLD people - and I can no longer say that I'm not, I guess. I've been having trouble learning new things and, worse, sometimes it's a struggle to remember how to do a thing that I should be able to do in my sleep. It's maybe making me more... difficult than usual.

Please excuse my expressions of frustration earlier in this thread. Constant stress isn't a positive behavioral modifier, it turns out.

Thank you, Rob.

Back
Top Bottom