Current News on Dispensaries/Producers

My own lame, unsolicited review on recent purchases at MJExpress-O in Las Cruces.

The Psychedelic Kush is excellent. Compact, glistening buds with a fruity scent and strong hit. Heady buzz.Buds were fresh with a Sept. "production date". Of the buds I've picked up there in the last two weeks this is the best.

Humboldt Grape is smooth, fruity and stoney. Good mood sort of high.I found 2 small, white seeds in my purchase.

Dead Head OG, while a decent smoke, did not live up to the dispenser's hype. I hoped for more of a sleep inducing, couch potato stone but didn't quite get there. Good taste, nice high, buds a little drier than I would like.

LA Confidential was a couple of large, dry, dull and slightly harsh buds. This was a disappointment to the point I still have the majority of it put away.

The contents of each jar weighed in slightly over the 3.5gm on the label so can't bitch on that.

@pk2: I know the pics are bad but the little silver white flowers are there. They're everywhere actually, all over the grrrls, and I'm so excited.

20141025_141544.jpg
20141025_141601-1.jpg

Wow, that plant looks very healthy! So green and... glistening. Are you going to plant the Humboldt Grape seeds?

Sorry about the LA Confidential -- I don't remember how many times that happened to me, where I would just put a disappointing strain back in my drawer. Unfortunately, that habit gets really expensive, really fast. And yes, I even went as far as throwing some away -- because sometimes, as hard as it is to believe, the bud was really not better than smoking nothing.

Nah, the little seeds were tiny, white & underdeveloped lookin'. Dug them out before grinding.

I'll probably mix the LA with something better along the way and stuff it in the vaporizer. "Waste not" & all that.

I should have gotten the hint when you described the seeds as "white," but I don't know that much about seeds.

Have your plants grown any more since you took the pictures? Are you using a ruler to measure daily growth? Are you talking to them in a calm voice? Have you thought about what kind of music your plants would like? :D

Off sick a few days PK, sorry. Here is a pic of a lovely little bud. I'm not measuring or anything, maybe I should but I will say, since we switched to 12/12 the grrrrls have exploded with growth. I visit with them several times a day and give them words of encouragement. They are top of my list every a.m. after I let the dog pack out. I know they get a lot of attention, even my Labrador has changed his surname to Botwin :) and likes to hang out in the room.

20141030_094906.jpeg

Even though I can no longer purchase from the dispensaries here in New Mexico, occasionally I check in to see what's on the menu. In an email newsletter I received today, SWOP advertises a new strain:

Flo
50/50 Hybrid
THC % 20.24, CBD %0.70

Most of the strains at SWOP have a fairly high CBD content (which may reduce the strength of the THC), but this new strain looked pretty good... until I got to the price: $16 per gram. Their menu included strains priced between $11 and $16 per gram, but you can bet that the strongest medicine (needed to manage chronic pain) is found in the the $16 strains.

So you see, this is one of the reasons I couldn't afford to renew -- the price of the medicine.

Just curious pk, why dont you grow our own? I got a PPL and will be harvesting tomorrow or the next day. after the initial equipment investment, which can be very low cost, its MUCH cheaper than dispensary prices. There is some physical investment but can be minimal, like growing lighted houseplants. just a thought.

There are few things more expensive than dispensary prices... I read about one personal grower in New Mexico who priced her harvest at less than a dollar a gram.

Whenever patients make complaints about the medical cannabis program in New Mexico, that is pretty much the response: Grow your own. No matter what the complaint, that is the solution. You have to imagine that a lot of medical cannabis patients cannot grow their own because they are physically unable to, or because they rent a really small space, or because their landlord forbids it, or because they live with young kids, or because... well, lots of reasons. Not counting the stories from growers who have tried and failed...

I thoroughly considered growing my own during the year I was in the program -- it would not be my preference, but certainly an option. For some people, growing plants is therapeutic, like having a pet -- but for me, it just means a lot of additional stress. And I think it takes an artist to produce consistent, medicinal-strength bud...

So, did you turn out to be an artist? :D

Anyway, by the time my renewal for the program came up, I couldn't afford the $300+ for the two required doctor visits, let alone think about other options. I spent all my money experimenting with as many producers as I could afford... because I was stupid.

I can't believe you're harvesting already... how long are you going to cure? In other words, when do you get to try it?

Back
Top Bottom