Curso's True High Brix!

Finally, I get to play with DocBud's True High Brix Kit!!!! This will be an interesting grow to watch and following Doc's instructions should be a fun but boring grow. I have been reading Doc's journals for a while now and have followed some of his other methods searching for what we have now True High Brix. This is one of the beta kit's and I am totally stoked about this grow :D. The kit as we call it, includes everything but a bale of Pro-Mix Hp and a bag of worm poop, and a couple spray bottles. Foilar sprays "Stress" and "Brix" some recharge amendment, tea, and soil energy drench (if I missed something, we'll find it later I'm pretty baked).
Given that a good environment is established for the plants and can follow instructions this kit should make anyone a star. No testing anything, no ph, no ppm, none of that stuff people stress about. Weekly drench and spray one when needed (couple times a week) and the other once a week, and wait...Sounds like a good grow to me.
Just to follow form...:D
What strain is it? There are 3 G13 labs Blueberry Gum, Humboldt Seed Organization's Sour Diesel #2 and Cali Connections Chem Valley Kush.
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Sour D and Blueberry Gum are 80/20 Indica/Sativa and Chem Valley Kush is 80/20 Sativa/Indica
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? They are all cuttlings
If in Veg... For how long? In aero cloner until root's appeared, then into Doc's soil with the root inoculator and hit with the "transplant" water today 12/17/2012
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? True High Brix
If soil... what is in your mix? Pro-mix HP Worm Castings and mineral amendment included in Doc's Kit
If soil... What size pot? 5gl
Size of light? 400w hps
Is it aircooled? yes
Temp of Room/cab? chilling
RH of Room/cab? idk
PH of media or res? I don't know, If I test it Doc's instructions strictly say to find a rake, measure to the middle of your nut's, write down the measurement, cut the rake handle, then JUMP ON THE RAKE IF I TEST THE PH!!!!! I'll be having none of that. :D
Any Pests ? Never
How often are you watering? When needed
Type and strength of ferts used? DocBud's True High Brix

Here are some pic's of getting the kit going...
This is whats in the kit (not actual amounts and missing is "Brix" and the "Amendment")
2012-12-17_21-00-47_606.jpg

It came with enough amendment for 1 bale of promix hp and 20lbs of worm poop, and you add the soil conditioner as directed and let it cook for 30 days. This is half of it.
2012-12-17_20-56-20_931.jpg

Ok so I didn't want to put the new cutting's into the full cooked soil, it has been cooking for a little over a week and I put the clones into the aero cloner just to have a bit of root before going into soil.
2012-12-17_20-42-07_81.jpg

The kit came with a root inoculator and you water with "transplant"(included in the kit) water, that I am guessing activates the root inoculator.
2012-12-17_20-41-57_535.jpg
2012-12-17_20-41-52_229.jpg

Lastly here is the dreaded box(to be replaced with another 4x2x5 tent and a 400w mh/hps)...god I hate this thing, but it serves its purpose here they are. 4 Chem Valley Kush, 3 Sour Diesel, and 2 Blueberry Gum all getting Doc's kit off. I picked the CVK just for Doc's Kit, I have a plant in flower, the other 2 are from mother's. The one's in soil have all been sprayed with "stress". In the cloner are 6 Sour Diesel and 2 Blueberry Gum (also not pictured).
2012-12-17_20-56-09_548.jpg

Feel free to post, comment, chat or blah blah :Namaste:
Thanks for looking in!!
:peace::passitleft::peace:

Awesome bro!

A couple reminders:

You won't do a drench every week. More like every 2 or 3.
With the sprays, if things are looking too perfect, don't spray with Stress....it's pointless. When things are looking fabulous but the leaves don't look fake, you should lightly mist with Stress.

For me, it comes down to about twice a week for stress after the first fan leaves drop off.

If I mix up an ounce of either spray, they cover about 25 large plants, and a 2x4 tray of vegging clones AND enough left over to spray the clone dome for about 3 days.

For 6-8 plants, you might want to only mix up a half ounce of Brix or Stress with 16 oz of water. That should last for 2 sprayings. Try for fine misty droplets, on the underside of the leaves as much as possible.

Thanks Doc!!! I have some really fine misting spray bottles that hold about that exact amount actually. My wife reminded me she got a case of them, they might hold 16oz. Man "stress" smells to high heaven's of something I will not type...lmao I did root 2 CVK clones straight in soil and they are super happy. Stoked man, I'm stoked :D

Post 420!!!!!

Thanks Doc!!! I have some really fine misting spray bottles that hold about that exact amount actually. My wife reminded me she got a case of them, they might hold 16oz. Man "stress" smells to high heaven's of something I will not type...lmao I did root 2 CVK clones straight in soil and they are super happy. Stoked man, I'm stoked :D

Both Stress and Brix have fish hydrolysate in a very acidic form. It stinks.
Brix has a bunch of calcium and phosphorus too, while Stress is mostly a kelp based spray, which combined with the fish can really smell.

Once you mix them with the water they are pretty mellow, not much smell at all. But the concentrates....oh yeah.

So I really want to show how easy this kit is for people and I went ahead and got an World of Seeds~Skunk 47 I had laying around cracked and following Doc's instructions, getting the soil wet, adding the root zone then transplant water, I put the seed in tail down and gave it little push.
2012-12-18_11-07-45_433.jpg
2012-12-18_11-08-15_585.jpg

Shouldn't be but a couple days until its pretty little head breaks ground :D

:popcorn:

Skunk47 broke ground today :welcome: to the world little girl~~

2012-12-20_09-27-44_980.jpg

Everything else is coming around, I had to much light on the clones and a couple kinda bleached out, they are now coming around and there is much, much less light in there. I can see the green pushing back into the leaves. The clones should stay in the solo cups until they're ready to flower (30 days'ish). I have a 30 day cycle in my tent right now this is planned to go in 2nd week of January into a clear enough tent to hold them all in their transplanted pots.
:peace::passitleft::peace:

I was noticing the simplistic packaging in Doc's kit and have come to the conclusion one cannot grow medical marijuana properly with this kit. I'm mean wheres the rasta men? Where is the glossy tat looking labels I just don't know? :):smokin: Just kidding guys!!

will u measure the brix level? or is docs package simply proven.

will u measure the brix level? or is docs package simply proven.
I probably will, but it's been proven check his High Brix journal. I've used his other methods while I have not checked the brix, the smoke is so damn good who care's :D Everything needed to grow High Brix Plants is included in the kit. If you can follow a simple set of instructions it's super easy :thumb:

id be interested to see the brix level. ill follow along if you dont mind. things look like they are starting off well for you

I was noticing the simplistic packaging in Doc's kit and have come to the conclusion one cannot grow medical marijuana properly with this kit. I'm mean wheres the rasta men? Where is the glossy tat looking labels I just don't know? :):smokin: Just kidding guys!!

The kits that are going out now are essentially Beta's. We'll if there are any problems or changes that need to be made, IE more of this, less of that, and other unforseen issues. When those are ironed out, I will indeed have some graphics and packaging, but it won't be a tatted up gangsta or Rasta man.

I'll do something professional, with branding in mind. That is months away.

I probably will, but it's been proven check his High Brix journal. I've used his other methods while I have not checked the brix, the smoke is so damn good who care's :D Everything needed to grow High Brix Plants is included in the kit. If you can follow a simple set of instructions it's super easy :thumb:

There is no need to test brix levels when using the kit, but certainly a serious grower will want a refractometer from time to time. It's more helpful for vegetables, if you ask me.

At this point in time, the highest brix I've achieved was when I followed directions to a "T." Because I'm a stubborn SOB who can't leave well enough alone, I've managed to ruin a crop by adding magnesium and potassium. (k-mag.) When I was growing organic, K-mag would have been a nice addition, but High Brix is a Ferrari, and Organic is a Chevy Pickup.

The soil composition is not debatable. There are no "other" ways to get high brix. The ratio's must be correct! Period.

Now, there might be other ways to arrive at those ratios....IE fish vs manure vs plant based organic matter, but the balance of nutrients must be just so.

Next cycle it's all by the book for me. Then, I'll try experimenting a bit with the soil energy to see what happens. But I'm done wrecking crops by being a jackass. The guys in the lab know what they're about. We should listen.

You know me Doc, I'm happy as a pig in shit with all the results I have had focusing on brix. This is like icing on the cake to me to be honest, creme' de la creme' if you will. I'm not gonna mess with it, if its not broke why fix it :D....I would be all sorts of mad if one of my cooks changed something on my menu, I look at it the same way. You should make people fill out an application on a google doc or something, to insure they can follow instructions...lmao before getting their kit. I think people will have a hard time believing how easy this is. "It's just to simple, what am I doing wrong??" I think will be a common misconception with your kit Doc.

Well....I am not all to impressed with this seedling (wife is sleeping otherwise I'd post a pic) it's only showing one leaf. So I have a AK x WW fem, a CVK fem and a couple Purple Urkle (I am actually hoping for a male). So I have one of each cracking, if the one in there now doesn't show a 2nd leaf its getting culled. The Purple Urkle came from a dispensary in a bag...thank you whomever you are. I prefer to grow from seed, I think I like nurturing the full life cycle. I like seeing the structure of a new strain, its like the best surprise ever. I suspect that at least one of the clones are going to get ditched. I do have 8 (6 sd and 2 bbg) more clones in the daisy, they're back up plans to anything that may or may not go wrong.

Back
Top Bottom