Custom closet/cabinet grow from seed

Here are some pics. I pulled the two males tonight. So much plant material feels awful to just compost it. Shredded it, tomorrow will make 1 stick of cannabutter with it to see if it is worth it in the future :) Anyway, here are some pictures taken right before yanked them.

The three chicas:
IMG_1057.JPG

IMG_1058.JPG

IMG_1064.JPG

IMG_1065.JPG

IMG_1077.JPG

One of the males:

IMG_1069.JPG

Budhisattva

Thanks Charliemopps. I'm not current giving them any flowering nutes. The last time I watered them I gave them the same fish ferts I've used a few times during veg. I'll see about getting something a bit more specific to flowering, but I figured this is better than nothing at all. I've never even given them a full strength dose of that though :p I have nute-burn-o-phobia.

The girls are growing well. I believe one more might turn out to be a male or perhaps hermie, hopefully will know tomorrow. That would leave two. I'm 98% sure one is female, and am pretty sure the other is as well, though I guess there is some potential she (think positive) could go hermie.

Also, I wanted to do a test to find out once and for all if there was any value in my male plants if I made cannabutter as other have suggested. I've seen conflicting reports. I made cannabutter yetserday, tried out a little bit on an english muffin, but not too much and didn't get anything from it. Didn't have more time today, but tomorrow we'll make up some brownies of it and see. So far not looking good in that arena and was a lot of work to cut all that green off and chop it up. I know a few have said that it does work with certain genetics, but I dont' think I have one of them. I'm wondering if anyone has any idea of the percentage of plant strains that might have favorable genetics for making some cannabutter out of males that are being cut. If its something like 50% will make some low strength cannabutter than i dont' mind to do it occasionally...10% on the other hand isn't worth it. Anyway, got into a little ramble there :) I'll know tomorrow for sure.

Budhisattva

DrKran, Haven't really had any temperature problems. Temps were in the low to mid 80s at the beginning, and are in the 70s now. I have an exhaust fan in the ceiling keeping things circulated. The temperature is more dependent on what the outdoor temperature is. I'm a little concerned I'll have to heat things up this winter, but we'll need to see.

So as an update, things are going ok. I had a few males and hermies and ended up with only one female. She has been flowering for about a month now. She doesn't seem to be growing all that fast, but does have some nice looking buds. Recently I've become a little concerned that she might have hermied on me, which would suck, but we'll see.

I've also been starting a number of other seeds for 12/12 grow from seed.

Nice work!

I wouldn't worry much about winter temps, from my experience, low night temps only help. When my lows went down to 68f, the resin production was unreal. Now with low temps at 75f, they do not produce near the same amount. Of course there are many other factors involved here, but I really think low temps are very good for resin production.

Boss, Yes, thanks. I was more worried about a couple months from now when the temperature outsides is 45 or below. I don't think I want the temperature to drop below 60-65 degrees at night, right?

On a sadder note, my female did have a few hermie bud and I think a couple shot their load :( Fortunately when this happened there werent any other plants in the room, so (s)he didn't knock anyone else up. The buds still look good, so I might as well.

I do have one question though. As I mentioned previously, I have started a number of plants from seed for 12/12 from seed. I have a number of seedlings in various stages that were started over the past few weeks. I am wondering what the exposed shelf life of the pollen that my current hermie female is. Should I be concerned these seedlings are going to get pregnant because they are in the same room where they already released their pollen. Or will that pollen be infertile by the time the seedlings are able to recieve it?

Thanks,
Budhisattva

So last week I harvested my pregnant female (there were no other flowering plants in with her so I let her go until the trichs were cloudy and a few amber here and there. All in all I got about 3/4 oz of this:

IMG_10883.JPG

IMG_10871.JPG

While I'm a bit disappointed that she was pollinated, I'm happy with the overall results, the output, and most of all the experience I've gained this first time around. I've already had one of my 12/12-from-seed plants show sex (male), and that seems to be going pretty well. I'm more organized with things now and have more of the tools of the trade that I need. I think maybe I've learned a bit of patience as well....though I likely have a long way to go in that regard.

In regards to the smoke. While some is still curing and remains to be finally tried, I like what I have tried a lot. Its very fruity tasting, not very sedative, and overall quite smooth to smoke.

Thanks to those that have tuned in. After a this next round or so as I get more established with my new system, I'll start a new journal to document a grow there. Until then, my awe and respect for the other plants on this site goes out to everyone out there and I'll see you around the forums :)

Budhisattva

Congrats on your first grow. Nice buds you got there. They look better than what I just picked up. Of course all of the home grown on this site almost always does. I'm sure with your gained experience you'll be harvesting bigger and better crops. Keep on growing the sweet mary jane!!

Thanks Ganjarden. I'll have to say that I was a bit surprised as to the potency! Especially since I smoked what this had come from. I guess that says a lot about the relative freshness and small amount of handling before put to flame.

Everytime I have grown from bag seed the bud has been better than what it came from. I think your right on the handling part the less of that the better the resin heads stay put on the bud. Can't wait to hear how it tastes after a longer cure that seems to help also.

Back
Top Bottom