Custom COB - Help with array build - Drilling - Cutting - Material

HazePhase

Hello Everyone,

I am able to order the parts and they are pretty much plug and play for the Vero29 V7 which is what I am going to be using.
I am looking to build a 4 cob single array with 5000K LED in it.

I am looking for help in regards to:
- Where do you get material for building the array and what do people typically use?
- How do you drill through this material so I know what I have to buy to build this array
- Anything else I should know.

This is the only part that I am not sure about as other than that it's about mounting and drilling holes and screwing them in - quite straight forward.

My current company (a person) who was great help at start basically lied about my repaired item being shipped for 3 weeks and finally after 3 weeks it's been shipped - with the same courier he promised not to use as well he said he would express and didn't .... what a businessman .. .anyways..... people are who people are.

I need this COB Light in 4 weeks as my veg tent will be ready and I cut ties with the other guy for obvious reasons.

Anyone able to help a fellow panicked grower who has been screwed over by someone who obviously doesn't care for others buy himself.... :(

Located in Canada - thx Peeps!!

Hello fellow cob Builder. I used vero29 v7 as well.

I currently have a tent with 3ea 3500k and 2ea vero29v7 5000k and I've been vegging for almost two months.

I am very new to all this as I suspect you are and I will share a bit of information with you.

I'm finding that using the Vero 29 V7 Cobbs requires every bit of 24 inches above the plants in order not to burn in veg. I am really liking the 3500k because they don't seem to be as hot on the plants as the 5000k.

I mount it each cob light and heatsink individually so that I could raise and lower them independent of the others and it has been a good choice.

If you find my grow Journal and look at the pictures you'll see that I have a 32 inch by 32 inch by 5 foot tall tent so space is a concern for me.

Good luck and if I can answer any questions for you I would be happy to help but I am still very new at this.

I currently have a tent with 3ea 3500k and 2ea vero29v7 5000k and I've been vegging for almost two months.

I am very new to all this as I suspect you are and I will share a bit of information with you.

I'm finding that using the Vero 29 V7 Cobbs requires every bit of 24 inches above the plants in order not to burn in veg. I am really liking the 3500k because they don't seem to be as hot on the plants as the 5000k.

I mount it each cob light and heatsink individually so that I could raise and lower them independent of the others and it has been a good choice.

If you find my grow Journal and look at the pictures you'll see that I have a 32 inch by 32 inch by 5 foot tall tent so space is a concern for me.

Good luck and if I can answer any questions for you I would be happy to help but I am still very new at this.

You have each light individually?
Do you have a frame per light or do you have just the led handing somehow?
I will try and find your journal to check it out :)

Right now I have a 12 cob light (Thought I was going to use for both veg and flower otherwise would have done this differenty)
12 Cob Vero 29 D series SE
1400 PPFD at 8"
6 COBs BXRC-40E10K0-D-73-SE
6 COBs BXRC-30E10K0-D-73-SE
108,000 lumens
Switchable 6 COBs on veg/12 COBs on flower
230 per rail
690 w total.

That is what I am using right now for veg and soon to be flower.
Moving two of my plants into a new 2x4 tent with the veg light I am currently looking for.
Will take clones from it and use it as my veg tent and my 5x5 as the flower tent.

If i could have doe it differently i would have removed the 4000k COBS and replaced with the 1750K COBS.
Might switch it up in a few months and replace some of the Cobs or add in another array to make 16 COBS for 5x5

I think what I might due since stuck and in a rush is order:
Fusion Bright 4ft x6 324W T5 HO Kit - 4 Foot 54W T5 HO - T5 HO Grow Lights - Grow Lights

3 x T5's -- 6500K Tubes remove the other 3 and replace with one of the two below
3 x powerveg 420 - PowerVEG 420 | Fluorescent T5 Grow Light

That way it will cost me $200 vs $540 for COB - with the extra $340 i can get my Grow tent ($180) and my Fan for tent ($50) so might go that route for now

All I can say is wow. That is a lot of light in a 4x5 tent sounds like you're doing your homework and you're off to a spectacular start.

All I can say is wow. That is a lot of light in a 4x5 tent sounds like you're doing your homework and you're off to a spectacular start.

Thanks I had a great person helping me before he started going bipolar and lying and ignoring me lol
I put trust in him and now hope he wasn't this sketch from the start - bought a PAR meter to test Par and watts to make sure it is what he says it is :)

It's doing well though so i can't complain.
:)

Also i can't see any threads started by you and i checked everyone you commented on.
do you have pictures of the individual LED?

The 420 app confuses me, sorry.

My photos are on another forum (GC) and I do know if I can include a link?

Rainbow Kush feminized from Amsterdam MS | Grasscity Forums

My COB solution would not be useful to you because of the quantity of lights your using. I have found my 3500k vero29se v7 work just as well for vegging or better than my vero29se v7 5000k cobs.

I bought my cobs at RapidLED and I use the 140mm pin type passive heat sinks. At first I ran the driver current up till I could barely hold onto the heatsinks. I discovered that I was better off lowering the current and lowering the lights to about 24".

You are on a whole different level than I am but it is fun to talk about and learn from others.

The 420 app confuses me, sorry.

My photos are on another forum (GC) and I do know if I can include a link?

Rainbow Kush feminized from Amsterdam MS | Grasscity Forums

My COB solution would not be useful to you because of the quantity of lights your using. I have found my 3500k vero29se v7 work just as well for vegging or better than my vero29se v7 5000k cobs.

I bought my cobs at RapidLED and I use the 140mm pin type passive heat sinks. At first I ran the driver current up till I could barely hold onto the heatsinks. I discovered that I was better off lowering the current and lowering the lights to about 24".

You are on a whole different level than I am but it is fun to talk about and learn from others.

Whole other level money wise -- not education wise LOL
someone built this for me so I can' ttake credit :)

Back
Top Bottom