Custom Grow Tents

GrowTent

Hey guys,

I've been reading this forum for a little while now, researching, collecting stray pieces of information here and there and I finally feel ready to build my set-up.

The only issue is, none of the tents fit my requirements, and ALL the grow tent brands offer the exact same specifications. So I decided to go and see if I could have a custom one made to suit my needs. Which are 2.25 cm in length, 75cm in width and 2.25 cm in height. The standard ceiling height in the UK is 2.4m so it seemed a waste not to use that extra headroom, especially when so many people have problems with plants getting too tall. Also, I want my supports to be strengthened as LED are getting heavy and I'm scared the plastic corners or thin metal beams will give way and break my LED AND crush my plants. Unfortunately, I haven't found a manufacturer yet that this is willing to make that sort of single order

Then I thought perhaps other growers might be having the same problem? So tell me guys, do any of you have a grow room space that you can't find a tent for? If I get enough positive responses, I'll be able to convince them that there is a market for single custom orders or at least a wider range of sizes.

Thanks,

P.S Do LEDS make use of mylar? If not, we could have tents made without it and save on cost

Sorry, this is in the wrong forum. I wanted to put it in the current grow journal section and then continue my grow from it. How do I delete/move this?

Thanks guys,

Hi Tent Grow :ciao: Welcome to :420:

This is your third thread on the same topic.

You should report it to a Moderator if you want it moved or deleted.

Click the triangle with the "!" in it and write an explanation.

Btw You should change this bit

2.25 cm in length, 75cm in width and 2.25 cm in height.

It makes your grow tent look really small :)

Ha, that's supposed to be 2.25m. Thank you for your help, I've contacted the moderators now. Yeah, I guess I got a little carried away with the posting.....my bad lol. Take care,

You can buy the material to make a tent.

Why not just build a wooden box / frame to your specifications and line it internally with grow tent material.

Or just mylar line it.

Not too sure anyone would be willing to make a custom size grow tent. Not without changing a fortune for it. And in the end all they are is some metal poles and some material. Not worth more than people currently charge.

You can buy the material to make a tent.

Why not just build a wooden box / frame to your specifications and line it internally with grow tent material.

Or just mylar line it.

Not too sure anyone would be willing to make a custom size grow tent. Not without changing a fortune for it. And in the end all they are is some metal poles and some material. Not worth more than people currently charge.

I built my tent using pvc pipe as the frame, panda film, a hot glue gun and duct tape. It's been in operation for over two years.

Hey thanks for the reply guys. Building my own one is definitely something worth considering, but how would I go about making the entrance flap air proof?

Thanks,

Sounds like the best tool for the job ;)

It really is. I did initially install a zipper, but the zipper broke after just a few days, so I settled on the velcro and I can't complain. Buy the 2" wide stuff, cut the strips into squares and attach them along the flap every foot or so.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Yea iv the same problem looking for the right size also. i have a custom box thats a good size now that i built., but im looking for a tent for the better experience and enviroment for me and the ladies eg. cleaner and more air flow:)
The only bit i need custom is the lenth to be no more then 2.2 foot and and the width to be roughly 3-4 foot :D
just throwing it out there incase theres anything like it :)

Back
Top Bottom