Cut 95% of fan leaves off 3 weeks into flower - I always wanted to try this

Here...this a better example of the change in 7 days

7 days ago.....as you can see, she was looking thin and sparse

20170202_222027.jpg

:passitleft::bong:

tonight....

20170209_221641.jpg

I cannot argue with the results that I see happening before my eyes.....look at how she is filling in...7 days from strip
Now I am not saying this should be done to every plant by everybody, I am just saying that for this plant...and how dismal she looked pre-strip.....nothing but tiny popcorn size bud sites....the stripping technique was exactly what she needed to get her going in the right direction. I easily believe that this will double the yield that I would have got from her had I not done this.

:circle-of-love:

Damn that's looking sexy, what the height on that? Also what's the strain?

Do you top or lst?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Damn that's looking sexy, what the height on that? Also what's the strain?

Do you top or lst?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

She is around 14" tall with her top tied over. I did not top this one but she got some lst throughout her grow. She is a caramelicious kush auto from MSNL seeds. With her top untied down she is about 20" tall.

:circle-of-love:

Interesting thread. Thinking it might be beneficial. I have a C-99 grapefruit for cloning and it is trained in a circular spiral shape, but severely tied down perpendicular to encourage shoots. I picked fan leaves to not shade new shoot growth. All the growth energy went into the shoots. The growth slows, but what grows is the new shoots, so I guess it works. Those fan leaves being trimmed still kind of bothers me a bit...fan leaves feeding growth. Removing shading to expose shoots a yes.

The 42/6 light cycle sounds terrific. I'll put the C-99 on it. I imagine the extra light and short rest will boost clone material faster. I have a question though.

That C-99 is maybe 3 months old. It has gone through some stress by first putting into flower and when first flowers were growing, back onto 24 light. It was cloned and clones not used (thinking of not growing it)...so she is very small. It is still producing a few flowers (after about 3 wks). BTW, I would have smoked all those leaves you showed a picture of...that's how hard up I am for weed. lol

What effect would 42/6 have on the clone mother? I guess it would eventually revert back to pure veg...right? Or could it stay in a limbo of sorts of having first flowers and all the clones would already be in flowering mode? I plan to flower in very small pots...so yield is not the major factor, but quick harvest is (see I'd smoke those leaves--lol). She would revert full veg?

Thanks

Glad I ran into this thread and it's recent. I haven't grown in 6 years (I have used this method on SUPER HEALTHY strains. If you do this on weaker strains, it WILL SUCK ASS.) and just recently got back into it. I am at beginning of week 4 of flowering. I lollipop at week 1 of flower and cut off branches that wouldn't make it to top. I have 3 IDENTICAL strains. Chernobyl. All 3 have been trained and grown in the same nutes and schedules from the SAME cut from mom. Here is the before and after photos of the first heavy defoliation. I took 95% of the fan leaves on 2 out of 3 plants. I will post results on my grow in my signature and do comparisons on the weeks to come. My personal experience, it has done very well for me on plants that can withstand it. Here they are before the removal: (for those who are talking about what they know or think they know, on both ends of the spectrum... my advise, don't speak on it unless you have done both in a controlled environment. You call out science and facts when in science experiments are done in real time to TEST, I applaud the OP for giving this a shot for himself even if it becomes a disaster)
Week 4 of flower
420-magazine-mobile1228385293.jpg

Here is the aftermath (Back right has no fan leaves removed, I will get better shots tonight)
420-magazine-mobile618406362.jpg

Cheers!

Your doing the test as it should be done with clones and a control plant

I look forward to your findings

Glad I ran into this thread and it's recent. I haven't grown in 6 years (I have used this method on SUPER HEALTHY strains. If you do this on weaker strains, it WILL SUCK ASS.) and just recently got back into it. I am at beginning of week 4 of flowering. I lollipop at week 1 of flower and cut off branches that wouldn't make it to top. I have 3 IDENTICAL strains. Chernobyl. All 3 have been trained and grown in the same nutes and schedules from the SAME cut from mom. Here is the before and after photos of the first heavy defoliation. I took 95% of the fan leaves on 2 out of 3 plants. I will post results on my grow in my signature and do comparisons on the weeks to come. My personal experience, it has done very well for me on plants that can withstand it. Here they are before the removal: (for those who are talking about what they know or think they know, on both ends of the spectrum... my advise, don't speak on it unless you have done both in a controlled environment. You call out science and facts when in science experiments are done in real time to TEST, I applaud the OP for giving this a shot for himself even if it becomes a disaster)

Cheers!

I did it too, 7 days ago. seemed to shock them for 4 days tho. I use Recharge, so I added molasses yesterdays watering, and they actually show stacking on the tops already. I use kindsoil so thats about all i can do. has 37 days left too, we'll see.. I also think that drying it out between waterings isnt working to well with this Fire OG strain. Doesnt show thirst, but seems to slow down between watering. I think the added sugars help because the plant has very little sugar factories for the roots to eat on, and the mycorrhizae feeds on the sugar to make its web of goodness to the roots. SO, I would suggest, if your doing this, get the recharge.

driz5.png

If the leaf had a stem, it was removed. I already have a bunch that grew out already, but not going to cut them off.
driz3.png

humm, not sure Weasel, id say amazon, or the bay. $33 shipped for small 8 oz container, which, really isnt small, because you need very little. I water with 16 oz poland spring water and add just a small pinch to each bottle. It goes a long way id imagine. But from what Ive read and seen, its awesome.

driz6.png

You can clearly see, this was experimental run. On the far right, you can see im missing 4 tops. Well, while tying the blimp down, I broke a top, so, genius thinker I am, I decided to just top all 4 on the side. Wanted to see if the entire branch would just turn into a giant bud and Or develop 2 tops per branch. It sure is packing on tho. Then, I thought, while lollipopin, the dang buggers kept growin back, so i just decided to strip all the stemmed leaves off entirely after 3rd week.

I messed up by rushing the flowering. By not giving it at least 1 week for the broken tops to veg a bit. I knew it was a female, because I cloned to sex ahead of time. Which, Is now my seed bank, just started stress with 20 hours on, 4 hours off, 20 hours on, 4 hours off,.. I did this on some bag seed of a plant I liked using CFLs and got me a stash of 20 seeds. Which im using now for a controlled test run for perpetual. ( 13 days now from seed ) Im not sure what it is, but I named it Election day, because thats the day it popped its shell. lol,

Something I did notice, all the fruits are almost exactly the same size,

I do this my last week of Flowering, I don't know about 3 or 4 week, I would imagine it crushes and kills yield. I am SOG grower who grows in pots, which means I am a masochist for back aches and lots of watering since I grow in 2gl pots. Hence, I usually will live trim. As in a trim the entire plant while I flush. I never thought that it would increase my bud sizes. But it does cause pistils to regrow, at least in my experience. I always leave sugar leaves, but I cut off fan leaves, and often even crows. I have found it is easier to flush the plant quickly because the shock of getting chopped up causes the plant to go into death mode. The only time I have found that they grew a bit was when I had a case of PM i chopped everything (easier to clean off) and no PM is not technically systemic which I will love to see the flame Ill get for this. So I raise the temp to 110 degrees for an hour and the heat causes stretch which caused my buds to do the same.

Interesting though . All this time I thought I was being clever on live trimming to give me more time to chop with smoother white ash, was actually something that other people do hoping to grow bigger buds. COOOL:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom