Cuttings and when to take them out of the dome

Zayah

OK so I’ve been experimenting again with a friend and they have me doing cuttings in perlite and there in the white solo like cups. He told me one way to check is that if you pull up on the stem slightly and it does not come up then it’s doing it’s job. Well three out of six have done just that I spray them two times today and make sure that there’s at least 2 cups of water at the bottom I don’t give it its water from the top because I read it messed things up and make them go slower. My main concern is that two of the cuttings are now trying to grow and they are hitting the top of the dome squishing themselves, is that gonna mess them up ? Am I able to remove those two from the dome And just leave the others till they are ready ? I took the cuttings the 25th so I’m on day nine should I just wait it out ? What are some other tales that they’re ready besides seeing the roots come out the bottom and obviously seeing them grow. All the cuttings have started to regrow new leaves in the nodes and only one is showing signs of leaf discoloration on it’s old leaves

Yes. I let my cuttings develop strong roots before they go into their permanent pots, but I put them into my DWC unit at the beginning. As long as they are able to get water they will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom