Czar's poor man's bagseed grow

Okay, so last night it looked like Bernice could use some nutes with her water so I decided to give some of them a diluted mix of nutes and let them do their thing. I also had to put them on 18/6 today due to visitors, so will it hurt them to go right back to 24/0? Or will I have to keep them on 18/6? Anyways, bum bum bum....picture time!!!

Bernice lookin' good (12 days)

Fran's growing like crazy, Sativa right? Hey, is this normal? She sprouted 2 leaves on either side of her large leaves on top, take a look.

Jan doing a great job healing from a little light burn, she's a trooper!

Stacy's Mom gettin' it goin' on

Newer seedling

So if you look at the top of Fran's leaves, she sprouted an extra 2 leaves on either side of the top leaves, let me know how you think everything's going so far and any tips would be appreciated! Bernice goes outside in about 5 days, so I gotta deer-proof my site, I need massive input with this, so let me know what I can do! Will fishing line fence and soap/water mix around my site be enough? Tell me what you think! :thanks:

thanks for stoppin' by dank! The little yellowing you see on the tips was from a small amount of nute burn from about 4 days ago, they're fine though, I'm not worried.

haha thanks l8! The best part is that it's 1/2 topsoil and 1/2 soil from my site! When prepping my site I was pretty shocked to see a shitload of worms there and the soil was wayyy richer than I thought it would be! I think it's lookin' great, and the best part is it sits at about 6!

thanks for the reps guys, what do you think about my deer issue? how bout the lights? will it hurt anything to leave them on 24/0 after a day of 18/6?

The only time you shock a plant by changing light is when you go from flower and try to reveg. Even if you did like 14/10 and went back to 24/0 they would be fine.

Thanks for the tips pan, +reps to you! I forgot all about Cabellas, but do you think me pissing around my site and spraying soap/water mix every so often with my fishing line is enough? Fence around has a piece of line at about 8" and another at about 3', will this do? Can't wait to check out my babies today!

Im pretty sure it has to be predators urine to keep them away, human urine doesn't do that to my knowledge. Putting predators urine around makes em think a den or something like that is nearby and of course thats not where deer or anything else wants to be lol.

Thanks for the info Vex! Glad to see you checkin' in! :p Also, if you look at Bernice, the first set of leaves look pretty droopy but the top set isn't at all. I highly doubt it's from over-watering but I need opinions, is this just because it's a Sativa? Cuz the leaves seem long/slender compared to my other ones. I do have one Indica but the others are either Sativas or Hybrids, they're all bagseed so I'm not sure about strains, but what do you guys think about Bernice? Over-watered or just because the leaves are so big compered to the stem?

Also a small update, I watered everyone today and noticed Bernice had a small amount of nute burn on only one of her leaves so I was actually watering her and wondering how the hell I would check the pH of the runoff since I was reading about it and I was worried about how much water it would take before it drained out the bottom, I didn't want to drown my baby! Anyways, I watered Bernice a bit extra and she started to drip! I grabbed my cup and let her go, and got a chance to test the pH of my runoff, 6.0! Everything else is looking great and the one who was burnt by the light seems to be healing great!

would be is there anything I can use that deer eat as a control at my site? I want to test my anti-deer methods like my fence and soap/water by putting a plant or something inside where I'll be growing and see if anything gets to it, any ideas? I'm trippin' out cuz I hope to god it's not some random people who stumbled onto my site! Let me know guys, I need help!!!

Yeah, I'd be pretty paranoid. Was it an area that would show footprints? If so, were there any (or signs of any being covered up)? It can sometimes be helpful to leave something that a person would take but an animal wouldn't lying where you might have been assumed to have accidentally dropped it. But sometimes people are smart enough not to take bait.

Rippers seem unlikely since they weren't plants in bud. Stupid kids maybe. Or if you have planted them on someone else's land, maybe the landowner doesn't want you growing on his/her property and did it.

As far as what deer eat, here is a small list in no particular order: honeysuckle, blackberry, sassafras, rose, dewberry, grape, willow, sumac, black gum, greenbrier, wild clover, mushrooms, dandelion, ragweed, wild lettuce, sunflower, beans, ragweed, bellflower, sedges, red acorns, white acorns, beechnuts, hickory nuts, wheat, clover, soybeans, rye grass, vegetables, alfalfa, oats, persimmons, grapes, coralberry, dogwood, huckleberry, blackberry, dewberry, and sumac seed heads.

Oh, and as my neighbor would say, pretty much any expensive and hard-to-grow flower that you've finally gotten to bloom profusely on your front porch lol.

Bernice looks good to me, I think its just cause those fan leaves are so big they are getting droopy. A little nute burn is fine, just be really careful with those young girls when using nutes. I started folair feeding a little early on my sprouts and now one of their leaves is growing in upside down lol. Well good job so far. Keep up the green growing, peace. :roorrip:

Oh, and as my neighbor would say, pretty much any expensive and hard-to-grow flower that you've finally gotten to bloom profusely on your front porch lol.
haha, that's great soul! +mucho reps for the great info on the deer! I know no one lives near where I'm growing and I think it was deer cuz they're really active in the woods there, I also heard mothballs work but I'm gonna go to my hydro store and see if they have deer repellent then I'm gonna try out some bait and see if they take it or if they're actually repelled, we'll see!

Back
Top Bottom