Czar's poor man's bagseed grow

Hey guys, been a while but it's time to throw up some pictures and fill you guys in! First of all, I've lost one of the 2 seedlings, the thing just died, it was the one with the shitty looking leaves because of the sunburn, R.I.P. little one. On the lighter side though, they're looking really good and I haven't really had a chance to update anything since it's been raining off and on for about a week and a half so I haven't had to go there too much, but anyways here's some pics!!!

0430.jpg
0250.jpg

Nadia

01100.jpg
0330.jpg

Bernice

again1.jpg
again11.jpg

Fran

full
other11.jpg

Stacy's Mom

otherLST1.jpg
otherLST2.jpg

Stacy's Mom After LST

LST15.jpg
LST111.jpg

LST111.jpg

Jan about 5 Days After LST

LST211.jpg
LST221.jpg

Seedling 2 After LST

Any tips on the LST or anything else going on right now let me know, otherwise we'll see more updates this weekend, most likely friday or saturday, until then, give some good luck to my babies!!!

thanks pan! The only soil prep I really did was mixing the site soil with the same topsoil that I originally mixed when they were inside to match up so they wouldn't go into shock when transplanted and so far it seems to be working out well. I also dug out all the roots I could and loosened up all the soil up until I hit the layer of clay which is only about a foot down.

So I checked my babies again today, my fishing line fence was all fucked up so I fixed that but unfortunately it wasn't until a deer had a snack on one of my plants, so where there once was 4 there are now 3. Luckily that means all my pretty small seedlings were gone and the 3 left are a decent size, I'd say pretty close to a foot for the biggest one, pics coming on friday. I also was looking into pruning them but they're still pretty young and aren't showing too much as far as nodes go. Also, I noticed some kind of pest was chewing a bit on a few leaves and I have spiders!!! I'm pretty sure this is a good thing but I noticed on one of my plants there was one leaf folded into itself, so I went to open it and there was a spider's nest inside! I know it's a spider's nest because I can see the mom just chillin' around the leaf and making her web, let me know guys, should I get rid of the nest? The spiders will be a good thing right? I hope so cuz everything else is looking great!!! :slide:

Thanks a bunch for the green mojo pan! Things have been pretty dicey lately, there's been a ton of action near my babies due to some guys coming near where they are so they can look for snakes which they have attached with radio transmitters. Needless to say I was smoking cigarettes off the chain while they were walking around in the bush as well as the utility people coming to do some work on some wiring near where they are planted, again shitting my pants! Luckily, I checked on them about 4 or 5 days ago as well as today but these are pics from about 5 days ago. Recent pictures will be uploaded around tomorrow or Friday, more likely Friday. Take a look at these babies!!!

smnew.jpg
bpr0n2.jpg

Stacy's Mom (1' 4")

jannew.jpg
bpr0n1.jpg

Jan (11")

frannew.jpg

Fran (1' 2")

There has been significant growth so far on these babies and I want to know what you guys think about topping them. I don't want to LST them, I'm going to top them to separate the colas. Let me know where is a good spot to top them, especially Stacy's Mom who is quickly becoming my favorite girl (hopefully)! Let me know guys, thanks!

Just topped Stacy's Mom and Fran, decided to LST Jan since she already has 2 seperate branches, I topped one of her branches and LST'ed the other. I saw some deer while I was out there as well and luckily I had to piss up a storm so I went all around my site. I also gave them some more nutes today so hopefully within the next few days they'll shoot up like crazy, everything's looking good! I was also wondering, I know it depends on strain, but what's the average life cycle of a plant? These were planted right around May 1 and the hours of sunlight won't be under 12h until late september. Will I have to wait this long to harvest or will they hit the end of their cycle first? Any opinions?

They will remain in vegetative state until the light cycles shorten, only then will they begin to flower. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that if you could control the light (indoor grow) you could keep it in a vegetative state for as long as you wanted. It would just get bigger and bigger...

Well guys, you know what time it is, it's picture time! These are from about 2 or 3 days ago, and I will be checking them again tomorrow as it's pretty rainy today and I don't feel like being a meal for mosquitoes. I topped all 3 about a week previous so I wanted to check the results. Anyways, I need you guys to tell me if Jan looks like she's budding in the one spot because to me in the pic it kind of does, let me know! Thanks guys!

Pics:
-----

janlighter.jpg
jantop.jpg

Jan with my bic in front and top view
jantopped.jpg
janisthatbud.jpg

Jan's top site, the pic I'm talking about with the debated bud site is the right one

franlighter.jpg
frantop.jpg

Fran with bic and top view
frantopped.jpg

Fran's top site

Last but definitely not least, my pride and joy for my first ever grow!

smomlighter.jpg
smomfull.jpg

Stacy's Mom with bic and top view
smomtopped.jpg
smomtopview.jpg
smomlighterleaf.jpg

Stacy's Mom top site and top view #2 and another shot just to give you an idea of the leaves

More to come in the next few days since I want to make sure that Fran isn't in pre-flower! Let me know what you guys think about that questionable bud site! Thanks! :slide:

Let me know if this is a bud site please, although I don't know what else it could be, could it be at the end of its life cycle? The hours of sunlight are still about 15 so I don't understand what's going on.

Anyways, PICSSSS:

maybud.jpg
maybud2.jpg

smomtopgrowth.jpg

Let me know if this is a bud site please, although I don't know what else it could be, could it be at the end of its life cycle? The hours of sunlight are still about 15 so I don't understand what's going on.

That's definitely a bud site.

Not sure about the hours of sunlight questions, but I think sometimes plants will follow a schedule without consulting with us first;)

Maybe the shadows set it off.

+rep!

regards,

SS

thanks for the input sun! Yeah i think it may just be the location of the plant that set it off since the others started at the same time. Whatever though, shit happens and that just means I'll have a little bit of early bud instead of having to wait 'til the hours of sunlight go down!

Sorry for the lack of updates thus far but here's a quick update, Stacy's Mom and Fran look like they should be ready to harvest in about a week or two. The trichomes on Fran are getting amber in color but on Stacy's Mom are still pretty white, pics should give you a better look:

smom1091609.jpg
smom2091609.jpg
smom3091609.jpg

Stacy's Mom

fran1091609.jpg
fran2091609.jpg

Fran

So as for this grow, it was a good starting point and it helped me learn a lot! I also figured out that if your plants aren't going to get full sun in their spot, it's probably not a good spot to choose, since the spot I chose was not in full sun and I know for a fact my plants could've reached a far larger height, but hopefully my new babies reach for the top in my new grow, the link can be located in my signature, be sure to check it out! Thanks guys!

------------------{|Czar|}
---------------------------:riskybusiness:

Back
Top Bottom