D.C. Council Proposes Single Cigar Sales Ban

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
WASHINGTON – Ward 7 Councilmember Yvette Alexander is going after single cigar sales at gas stations and convenience stores in the Washington, D.C., area, reports NBCWashington.com.

In 2004, the D.C. Council passed a ban on single beer sales. Now, the focus is on single cigar sales because some patrons purchase a cigar to hollow out the tobacco and refill it with marijuana. The news source writes that retailers are concerned that such a ban would affect their sales because most law-abiding customers purchase premium cigars one or two at time.

“While presumably well meaning, the bill would only ban one of several ways that pot smokers go about getting high, while punishing business at the same time. Expect some backlash from this one, as well,” notes the news source.

NewsHawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: nacsonline.com
Copyright: 2009 NACS

This has to be the most retarded effort to curb MJ use, I have ever heard of, is this lady serious? Wow. I suppose, after they banned single beer purchases, it eliminated DUI's in D.C. too?

A hundred years from now, when no one can remember the time, when MJ was in prohibition, people will read factoids like this, like we read websites today about dumb antiquated laws, still on certain states books. Someone slap the stupid out of this lady, and be done with it. lol

This is targeted at the 420 community.

Classic lack of thinking though. We'll pay $400 an ounce for the innards but won't spring $5-$10 bucks for a 5 pack of wraps.

This is like the "within 1000 yards of a school" law. As if humans lack the motivation or ability to walk 1001 yards if they wish to.

Prohibitionist thinking must cause grey matter damage ;)

i think the 1000 yards is just because they don't want the kids seeing it from the school, or deals going on at the school grounds. if you are inside where they can't see or smell it, within 1000 yards its ok.

but the single cigar sales ban had me laugh

is everyone reading this??? How fucking retarded! So people are hollowing out a cigar? what?they cant hollow them out one at a time if they buy a 6 pack? oh my god there are some really really pathetic dumb fucks. We dont want u to buy one beer and get a buzz, we want to make sure ya got atleast 5 more to wash down with it so that u are more sober. WOW what a concept. It gets my vote. yeah and i'm also the smartest politician in the US

This move also promotes tobacco addiction. Have you ever noticed that you can't buy cigarettes one at a time except in black market transactions? (think NY City looseys) Its because in a nicotine addict if you got them, you're almost certain to smoke them, and the more nicotine in your system the harder it is to quit and the producers know this. WTF do these people expect, oh I was only going to smoke one blunt and I can't buy a single cigar, so I guess I just won't smoke pot ever again? Christ what fucking idiots. Oh well, at least some enterprising people will have a chance for extra profit, buying a bunch and selling them under the table to those that can't figure out how to buy stuff in advance of need.

I can see it as being a promotion for tobacco but the true underlying message is for blunts? I don't think I have ever just bought 1... Would hate to see the Phillie's tubes gone someday though!

Back
Top Bottom