Da Buddha Vaporizer Review - Best Vaporizer And It's Under $500

Inversed

This is my review for the Da Buddha Vaporizer.
Da Buddhas are made by SilverSurferVap.
They both share the same internals and same system, but the SSV is more customizable in regards to color, and glass accents. The Da Buddha is basically a less ascetically appealing SSV for 100 bucks less. It comes in silver or black, and you can buy accessories such as wands, mouthpieces, glass knobs, etc for it.

I received my Da Buddha Vaporizer today:
It is by far the best vaporizer i have used. I have used a volcano, which many regard as the best, many times, and the Da Buddha is better.

I ordered the vaporizer last Wednesday at night and Received it in the mail today. Sadly, upon arrival, the glass heat cover had a piece broken off. Whats funny is that it was packaged very well, and the case kit comes in is very padded, not sure how this happened.
Anyways I called 7th Floor LLC (people who make the SSV and the DaBuddha) and they said they will send me a new heat cover free of charge if I email them a picture. Perfect.
Whats even better is even with the heat cover missing a piece the vap still works, so no need to wait!
Also, not sure if this was a mistake on their part or a gift, they sent me a black one when i didn't pay the extra 20 bucks for the black color choice, sick.

Cost: I paid 159.99 plus 12.50 for shipping. There is also ups ground available for 8.50

What it comes with:
-Vaporizer
-Funky carrying bag that has plenty of pockets and lots of padding, good for carrying and storage
-3 extra screens
-tubing
-mouthpiece
-poker with a glass marble on the end
-wand pre loaded with a screen

Set up:
Its easy and has a 10 foot cord. Plug it in, turn to your desired setting and wait 3-5 min for heat up. It took me about 10 minutes to really dial in my favorite setting (the 4 o'clock position on the dial).

All you have to do to prep the weed is break it up and fill the end of the wand about 1/4 with bud.

Usage: All you do, once heated, is put the wand into the heat cover (glass on glass fit, don't need to hold the wand while its connected) and inhale on the other end of the tube through the mouth piece.

You'll want to hold your hits in for as long as possible. A bigger hit that you don't hold in wont do any better than a small hit you hold in for a while.

Smell: It has a light odor to it. Once you find your heat setting, you shouldn't have any smoke, just occasionally a very light white exhale. The odor a volcano produces I would say is the same as the odor the DaBuddha produces.

The high: I get by far more high off this than any other vaporizer Ive ever used (volcano and others not worth mentioning). .2 Got me and 4 buddies high as hell for nearly 4 hours. I own a red label beaker Roor and a double tree perc Feuer as well. Both work amazingly. The high is easily in competition with my two bongs. Very much a head high.

Efficiency: .2 is enough to get 5 people very high. Awesome. This is one of the best part!

If you have any other question, feel free. I will give an extended update after i smoke this thing for a few more days.
Pictures will be coming when i break out the digital camera.
:thanks:

Re: Da Buddha Vaporizer Review - Best vaporizer and its under 500

Extended Review:

I have been using the dabuddha daily since 2/2 and figured id follow up a bit on how it has performed.

7th Floor LLC, the company behind the DBV and SSv, did send me the new heat cover, free of charge, and very well packaged.

I have been using the shit out of this thing. It is even better than i thought a week ago. Now that i have really found the right temperature for most bud that has gone through it (3 oclock position) there is barely any smell at all. I can't tell you how high this thing gets me, it's incredible. I can smoke .2 with 4 people and all get extremely high. .2 in the DBV can last easily 15 minutes of smoking between many people. Instead of smoking a gram with 3 friends and getting high once, seriously, we can get high 5 times. Its awesome!

I'm going to order the aroma top, ill review that later on. Hopefully it will be a nice way to keep the room smelling great.
:thanks:

The Da Buddha is basically a less ascetically appealing SSV for 100 bucks less. It comes in silver or black, and you can buy accessories such as wands, mouthpieces, glass knobs, etc for it.
Well, actually, the price dif is $82, since the SSV gets free shipping, and if you order a black DBV, the dif (vs. SSV in silver or black) is only $62. The SSV also has a very different heater angle, and is not hands free (that's extra $ on the Surfer). I like the SSV heater angle and do not like hands free, so I chose the more costly SSV.

The odor a volcano produces I would say is the same as the odor the DaBuddha produces.
Vapor odor doesn't vary with the model, only with temp differences, and not much there either, unless you crank it up too high and burn the herb.

The high: I get by far more high off this than any other vaporizer Ive ever used (volcano and others not worth mentioning).
The high doesn't vary with the vape model either. It's all a matter of the temp used and how efficient it is in transferring the vapor. You can get better efficiency from one model vs. another, or bigger hits, but vaporization is a simple process and you can get just as much THC from a home made light bulb vape (used properly) as from the most expensive vape on the market.

All that said, I'd agree that the DBV is the best bet in a full sized whip type home vape in this price range. I wouldn't choose it (or any standard whip vape or bag vape) for the ultimate in efficiency, and it's not very portable, but in its class and price range I'd put it #1.

If I order a DBV, what should I get with it? Extra wands? Mouthpieces? replacement hoses? a grinder??

Thanks.

What kind of warranty does this vape come with?

3 Year. The original has been on full blast, constantly running, for like 5 years now they say. Things extremely solid.

3 Year. The original has been on full blast, constantly running, for like 5 years now they say. Things extremely solid.
Not bad...I love the flavors whip vapes give over bag vapes. They seem more intense. I looked at the Da Budda and saw it was a alright unit but the vaporstore let's people make 3 payments on the vaportower and they offer a lifetime warranty so I went with them. Plus they offer the two piece whip which makes it impossible to dump herb on top of your heater cover. The herb is suspended between two screens which makes screen changing super easy too. Just pull the dirty one and drop in the clean one. no finangling or tools required.
But regardless of what unit people pick I suggest everyone just get one. Do some research and decide what vaporizer you like and buy it. Your lungs will thank you.

i cant see vapor wenever i use this product. i have no idea if its working besides smelling the aroma of the herb coming from the wand. dont know when the herb is done, when to stop inhaling. i like being able to see what im smoking but that only happends if it combusts.

any advice? i kno this is old thread but its the only one i could find

I have a buddha and i love it. I keep my little knob aimed a little to the left of D in "DBV." I do see vapor when I keep it around this setting, I also tend to stir the bowl after 4-6 hits depending on the size. I stop inhaling when it tastes stale.

i cant see vapor wenever i use this product. i have no idea if its working besides smelling the aroma of the herb coming from the wand. dont know when the herb is done, when to stop inhaling. i like being able to see what im smoking but that only happends if it combusts.

If your herb is turning brown you're getting heat. The DBV will produce LOTS of visible vapor if you're using it right, and I expect that's your problem if you're getting heat. There are a lot of DBV videos on youtube. I'd suggest watching a few for some good tips. Tip#1-the biggest mistake made by those new to vaporizing, when using a whip vape-hitting it too hard. The more cold air you suck into the heating chamber, the more you lower the vaping temp, sometimes too low to actually get vapor.

I realise this is a very old thread but someone searching as I was May find this useful. Da Buddha combusts easily, from spill or dry herb falling, high temp slow drawback, it will burn weed if extra cares not taken. In saying that, 20plus year bong smoker, I'm off the bongs now cause of this thing. Big thick clouds, can tickle the throat to a cough, but I love it. So to help stop a part of the combustion I've cut a wedge out of timber to cover the bottom of the unit, unit sits on top of this, units now on a angle, herb cannot combust by falling in now. Very easy and cheap solution. :peace:

iPhone ColoradoHigh, call me paranoid, hope you understand. Basically what I've done is just raised the back of the unit by 3/4 of an inch, so I'm no longer attaching the glass horizontal but around 15 degree angle, just stops dry herb or overfill spilling. Could even use two school chair leg stoppers cut to size and placed over the back stabilisers on the base of the unit. I just had the timber wedge lying around, I screwed a piece of metal on top of the wedge near the bottom so the base of the vaporiser slides between the wedge and metal so it won't tip over but I can remove the wedge when I'm finished or want to pack it up. Hope that gives you a better understanding and not made it more confusing. I take it you have one? It took me a while to get stoned vaporising, didn't seem to work for ages, thought I wasted my money, but now... Wow... Don't know why that is as I always got thick clouds of vapour from it. Also my settings is between 1&2 o'clock, three last couple tokes to make sure. :peace:

I understand GrizzWald, no problems mate! No, I don't have one but I was looking at the Da Buddha and the Silver Surfer when I was researching vaporizers last summer and in my mind it looks like you've sort of adopted the SS slant to your Da Buddha. My Arizer Extreme-Q uses two screens, one in the bowl and the other in the whip that catches anything blown or sucked out of the bowl.

The left over vaped material, sometimes referred to as "mulch", still has some THC remaining in it and can be used directly in edibles or used to make butter, oil, etc. I've used it directly in edibles and it does have some kick to it at the expense of slight changes in color and taste. I'm currently saving up my mulch to make some butter and/or oil for the first time.

Back
Top Bottom