Dab tool saved my life today

Jhuck

So I know that this is neither here nor there, if admins must pitch it completely, ok. But I had a really cool moment, nothing to do with growing just a great smoker moment.

So I paint houses for a living. I recently inherited a new paint spraying rig from a friend I knew through painting , who I was renting my trailer to. It was a really nice paint rig, so the day after I went out and removed everything, I tested it, it looked almost brand new and worked great pumping water through it, my other rig is at a job my mentor is doing, so I take this one out there, been getting the place ready for two days, if this job is going to be frofitable, walls need to get covered today. I get it all set up, and it won't do a damn thing!

So I take it all apart, and I just need something to poke inside of it, and free the ball bearing that atomizes the paint, I need a wire , I look around , the handle from a one gallon paint can is too big, homeowner is not home, I am far from any stores or people I know, my headphone plug is way too big, I literally have nothing to Mac'gyver this bitch with, nothing, I start to get bummed.

Then I remember I have a dab spoon in my backpack ( the same professional painter's backpack that is my mobile toolbox ) because of course ,like any good stoner , I keep my dab pen, spoon, and a little hash,lol, I know what tools it really takes to get the job done,lol. And sure enough, less than 30 minutes after failure, I was spraying this house because I had a dab spoon, just thought it was a stoner triumph, worth the half hour journey to get there

A wasp saved my life. I was 12 and didn't like them. Was in the back seat, one flew in and went to the back window - so I crawled over the back of the front seat. I'd just gotten my seat belt latched as Mom was coming to a stop behind a Ford truck that was stopped at a red light on a 55 MPH road. Seconds later, some chick who was still going (at least) 55 rear-ended us. It was such a hard hit that the rear differential of the pickup was basically embedded in our car's dashboard - and the back of the rear seat was touching the back of the front seat. I'd have been cooling meat if not for that wasp, lol. Mom's legs got torn up, but the only thing I got was a pulled muscle in my arm from snatching my eyeglasses out of the air when they went flying from the impact. Which no one seemed to believe at the time, but... reaction time like a fruit fly, and I couldn't see without the glasses.

So I know that this is neither here nor there, if admins must pitch it completely, ok. But I had a really cool moment, nothing to do with growing just a great smoker moment.

So I paint houses for a living. I recently inherited a new paint spraying rig from a friend I knew through painting , who I was renting my trailer to. It was a really nice paint rig, so the day after I went out and removed everything, I tested it, it looked almost brand new and worked great pumping water through it, my other rig is at a job my mentor is doing, so I take this one out there, been getting the place ready for two days, if this job is going to be frofitable, walls need to get covered today. I get it all set up, and it won't do a damn thing!

So I take it all apart, and I just need something to poke inside of it, and free the ball bearing that atomizes the paint, I need a wire , I look around , the handle from a one gallon paint can is too big, homeowner is not home, I am far from any stores or people I know, my headphone plug is way too big, I literally have nothing to Mac'gyver this bitch with, nothing, I start to get bummed.

Then I remember I have a dab spoon in my backpack ( the same professional painter's backpack that is my mobile toolbox ) because of course ,like any good stoner , I keep my dab pen, spoon, and a little hash,lol, I know what tools it really takes to get the job done,lol. And sure enough, less than 30 minutes after failure, I was spraying this house because I had a dab spoon, just thought it was a stoner triumph, worth the half hour journey to get there
That's funny, I too spent some time with spray equipment and understand completely your dilemma. I usually kept a joint somewhere in my toolbox.
Good story and thanks for sharing.

That's funny, I too spent some time with spray equipment and understand completely your dilemma. I usually kept a joint somewhere in my toolbox.
Good story and thanks for sharing.
What I thought was even funnier was that this job I was working across the street from a city cop who was home in the daytime and liked to hang out on his front walk. Medicinal is legal here but not recreational, so I was kinda reluctant to burn joints on this job ,but decided he wasn't gonna pin a random smell.i the air to me or even investigate it off duty. But I was nervous he was gonna walk over and get in my business about it at first.. he did walk over , but only to tell me that he had been watching me outside, I seemed like on hell of a painter, and ask me if I wanted to do some work at his place I think on THAT job I'll even leavey pen at home,lol

What I thought was even funnier was that this job I was working across the street from a city cop who was home in the daytime and liked to hang out on his front walk. Medicinal is legal here but not recreational, so I was kinda reluctant to burn joints on this job ,but decided he wasn't gonna pin a random smell.i the air to me or even investigate it off duty. But I was nervous he was gonna walk over and get in my business about it at first.. he did walk over , but only to tell me that he had been watching me outside, I seemed like on hell of a painter, and ask me if I wanted to do some work at his place I think on THAT job I'll even leavey pen at home,lol
I can understand your reluctance about burning one when anywhere around a law enforcement person, legal or not.
Perhaps if you do that job, you might get one of those "get out of jail free". lol

I can understand your reluctance about burning one when anywhere around a law enforcement person, legal or not.
Perhaps if you do that job, you might get one of those "get out of jail free". lol
Yeah, I am actually going to call back one time or text if he doesn't, after that.....

Back
Top Bottom