DaddiSwanga's 1st Outdoor Grow - Bag Seed - Sativa Mids - April 2014

You can always collect the pollen and then get rid of him, and use that pollen to fertilize a female and create more seeds to grow.

I have also heard of some folks using males to make hash and other products. But if you grow it out, you'll need to keep it as far as possible from your females.

Amen brethren.Amen. i actually read that if you take a bowl of water outside with you when you're collecting the pollen sacs, and you put them directly into the water they won't open up and you have a better chance of them not pollinating not to mention just being a better smoke over all but with this being my very first grow and me not investing a lot of money into it- it was really all about the learning experience so I'm definitely going to continue to let it grow to see what happens but I'm definitely going to have to move my other plants because I don't want them to get pollinated.

:oops::bump:

Yup, looks like you got a male Swanga!
Thank you Bruh Bruh! We'll see what happens:cheer:

Here goes...

Also i took some up close shots of the plant in the Orange container, and hopefully these are pistils,.and won't form those football shaped seed pod clusters...

CAM02524.jpg
CAM02521.jpg
CAM02517.jpg
CAM02523.jpg
CAM02522.jpg
CAM02519.jpg

I'm with Mr Swagg. I'm gonna do the same if I have a male. Im gonna learn from whatever grows just like you. I give you major props on your ladies. For a novice grower you doing awesome in my eyes. And according to some pretty cool peeps following this journal. I think they would say the same. Lets hope the other ladies turn out. Nice update.

I can't tell in your pics, sometimes you have to really play with the focus to get the camera to stop focusing on other leaves. Sometimes just moving leaves out of the way with your hands works. I've also found that starting a little further away, then using the camera's zoom feature helps if you have zoom available.

Good morning weed Swanga. If you just took those pictures you still have boys at play. Your girls are going to get pregnant. :grinjoint: I would be getting rid of them unless that is what you want. Sure looking healthy :thumb:

Good morning weed Swanga. If you just took those pictures you still have boys at play. Your girls are going to get pregnant. :grinjoint: I would be getting rid of them unless that is what you want. Sure looking healthy :thumb:

Good afternoon Tokin Beemer!
Thank you for the kind words Brudda :passitleft::thanks:
I moved all my plants away from the male in the earth, so hopefully they'll have a better chance of not pollinating or hermi'n. Also i hope it's an adequate
Distance as i can't move them to the front :rofl:
So this will have to do unless i want a gang of Texas
Walker Rangers up my ass. :bitingnails:

Can anyone tell if we have a female on the other cannabis plant close-ups?

Happy Growing Y'all!:circle-of-love:
CAM02546.jpg
CAM025321.jpg
CAM02555.jpg
CAM02545.jpg
CAM025311.jpg
CAM02554.jpg
CAM02544.jpg
CAM02556.jpg
CAM02553.jpg
CAM02552.jpg
CAM02549.jpg
CAM02566.jpg
CAM02551.jpg
CAM02548.jpg
CAM02565.jpg
CAM02550.jpg
CAM02547.jpg
CAM02564.jpg
CAM02563.jpg
CAM02560.jpg
CAM02557.jpg
CAM02562.jpg
CAM02559.jpg
CAM02532.jpg
CAM02561.jpg

This is what you want to find. This is a tiny female preflower. You will see a small calyx, with tiny white hairs, usually 2, coming out of the end of it. Don't confuse a Calyx with a Stipule, which is the thin long growth just to the right of the Calyx.
2014-06-24_13-35-13_7401.jpg

As for the pics you posted:
1. Too far.
2. Male (sorry man)
3. Too far.
4. Male
5. Unsure
6. Too far
7. Exposure too high
8. Blurry, unsure
9. Nothing seen
10. Too far
11. Nothing seen
12. Nothing seen
13. Too far
14. Nothing seen
15. Exposure too high

Next post:

1. Too far
2. Too far
3. Maybe male, needs a closer pic
4. Male
5. Too far
6. Too far
7. Male
8. Too far
9. Too far
10. Too far
11. Too far
12. Too far
13. Too far
14. Too far
15. Too far
16. Too far
17. Too far
18. Too far
19. Nothing seen
20. Unsure
21. Too far
22. Unsure
23. Too far
24. Nothing seen

I have read that males will show sex before females, so the plants we're not seeing any signs of sex yet, keep a close eye on those!

This is what you want to find. This is a tiny female preflower. You will see a small calyx, with tiny white hairs, usually 2, coming out of the end of it. Don't confuse a Calyx with a Stipule, which is the thin long growth just to the right of the Calyx.
2014-06-24_13-35-13_7401.jpg

As for the pics you posted:
1. Too far.
2. Male (sorry man)
3. Too far.
4. Male
5. Unsure
6. Too far
7. Exposure too high
8. Blurry, unsure
9. Nothing seen
10. Too far
11. Nothing seen
12. Nothing seen
13. Too far
14. Nothing seen
15. Exposure too high

Next post:

1. Too far
2. Too far
3. Maybe male, needs a closer pic
4. Male
5. Too far
6. Too far
7. Male
8. Too far
9. Too far
10. Too far
11. Too far
12. Too far
13. Too far
14. Too far
15. Too far
16. Too far
17. Too far
18. Too far
19. Nothing seen
20. Unsure
21. Too far
22. Unsure
23. Too far
24. Nothing seen

I have read that males will show sex before females, so the plants we're not seeing any signs of sex yet, keep a close eye on those!

Thanks so much Antics! :passitleft::high-five:
I moved them to a better position, snapped some more of them thangs, and i will definitely keep a close eye on those other ones!:peace:

You have several male plants in your garden. Any of your plants that you are seeing develop grape like clusters of small round balls, the small round balls are pollen sacks indicating a male cannabis plant. You should kill the male cannabis plants to prevent them from pollinating your female cannabis plants.

Here is a male and female cannabis plant

Male_Female_Cannabis_Plants.jpg

Here is the Female Pre Flower

The_Early_Female_Preflower.jpg

KJC you always have the great pics to show folks. That's not far enough away to keep them safe. Females can be pollinated from males from really far away. There have been stories about people not understanding why their plants have become seeded and later realize someone had a male within a couple mile radius. Better safe than sorry, although were your females to become seeded they would still produce decent smoke just not as much of it, because of the seeds.

You have several male plants in your garden. Any of your plants that you are seeing develop grape like clusters of small round balls, the small round balls are pollen sacks indicating a male cannabis plant. You should kill the male cannabis plants to prevent them from pollinating your female cannabis plants.

Here is a male and female cannabis plant

Male_Female_Cannabis_Plants.jpg

Here is the Female Pre Flower

The_Early_Female_Preflower.jpg

Thank you very much KingJohnC!
:thumb: :passitleft:

KJC you always have the great pics to show folks. That's not far enough away to keep them safe. Females can be pollinated from males from really far away. There have been stories about people not understanding why their plants have become seeded and later realize someone had a male within a couple mile radius. Better safe than sorry, although were your females to become seeded they would still produce decent smoke just not as much of it, because of the seeds.

:thanks: Yesssir, your absolutely right!

*Update*

So we had a crazy thunderstorm last night, and the plants loved it. I am going to post some updated photos later today.
Happy Growing Y'all!

Okay, so i listen to my OG growers on this site as they have never steered me wrong, and gotten me this far. :):high-five::thanks:

I cut down and got rid of the males, added more top soil to the Plantas, and hopefully the one in the ten gallon pot will be a female!
I also super cropped the smaller ones, and im excited to see what transpires. :Namaste:
CAM026131.jpg
CAM026081.jpg
CAM02637.jpg
CAM026121.jpg
CAM026071.jpg
CAM02636.jpg
CAM026101.jpg
CAM026061.jpg
CAM02635.jpg
CAM02634.jpg
CAM02630.jpg
CAM026141.jpg