420 Magazine Background

Dakine Real Maui Wowie In The Midwest

Pennywise

Member of the Year: 2017 - Member of the Month: Mar & Oct 2017, Aug 2018, May 2019 - Plant of the Month: Aug 2017

CraZysWeeD

That's gonna mess some people up when they're stoned! Lol
:laugh::19:

Awesome seed bank you got now. Is this the only thing you will be growing now for a while? ;)

TurboBucket

Photo of the Month: Jan 2019 - Plant of the Month: Feb 2019
:laugh::19:

Awesome seed bank you got now. Is this the only thing you will be growing now for a while? ;)
Nope. Likely a constant in the rotation but far from the only thing. The seeds were mostly an emergency backup. However the breeder has since announced that they will replace any genetics purchased through them if you need them so it kind of became an irrelevant project on my end. It was fun though, got to learn some more about these plants and made a couple of crosses that I'm excited to run in the future

Pennywise

Member of the Year: 2017 - Member of the Month: Mar & Oct 2017, Aug 2018, May 2019 - Plant of the Month: Aug 2017

Kula420

Welcome to the thread I'm Turbobucket. Just a college educated farm boy from the Midwest trying to survive. This will be my home for adventures cultivating some Maui Wowie. All photos will go into this album here on the front page to make visual catch up a little quicker as things progress although not all photos will be posted in the thread to cut down on clutter. :51: Aaanyways...

This will be another run in slightly amended pro-mix hp and fabric pots with LED lighting. They will actually go through three different homes on their adventure. Stop number 1 will be my original space bucket where they currently are. They will then move into the gutted turbo-closet before they finish up in a 4x4 tent after its empty.

Nice packaging.

Dropped the girls in for the cold soak. 4 dropped immediately.

The rest had sunk when I checked them this morning I figured it would take till tonight.:cool:

Popped them all into upside down root riot plugs that had soaked in great white shark and azos pH 6.5. when you soak these it's important to squeeze some water out or your Lil ones may drown.

That's all I got for today we get a new moon the 28th so we should have some action by then. I'm thinking Friday evening, we shall see.
Looks like you found the real deal maui wowie.

Thanks for sharing!

TurboBucket

Looks like you found the real deal maui wowie.

Thanks for sharing!
Nope. They suck ass. Full of empty promises, never sent my seeds any time they were supposedly "in stock". Finally after months they sent me a couple packs of different strains than what I ordered.

medmanmike

I, too, ordered the MW from the afore mentioned Hawaiian Seed Bank. Bad decision. Like turbobucket I got nothing but the run around before they finally sent my seeds - 11 months later!

The seeds are very tiny, and very pale. They look immature if you ask me.

PM me if you want the long version of my experience.

BTW, I’ve acquired some MW seeds from another Hawaiian breeder and we’ll be running a comparison between the two mid December. I’ll be posting/journaling at Landrace Genetics 101

Pennywise

I ordered Maui Wowie from Pua Mana along with Kona Gold. I ordered a third strain which I never received. I’ll have to grow out the Maui and compare the buds with the Maui I tried back in 1979. It was very distinct so will be easy to compare the two.

TurboBucket

The beans have been ok. The customer service is terrible. I have them the benefit of the doubt. I waited a year for Godzilla glue seeds and still never got them. They promised more freebies to make up for it, never got them.

After a year of excuses I got one strain I ordered, Maui wowie, in a timely manner. I can not realistically suggest anyone spend any money with the company

TurboBucket

Just trying to make sure people don't end up in the same situation I was. I have not gone around bad mouthing them, y'all came into my journal and got my opinion on the company. If you don't mind not knowing when you'll get what you paid for they have some cool strains but don't be in a hurry for them. And don't expect them to give you any sort of timeline other than "next harvest".
I was cool when they said it was set back by floods, then volcano, but the Roundup sabotage attack stretched it too far.I waited a year, I'd say that's long enough for someone to hold onto my money without delivering a product. I do intend to place another order when I can afford it and the wait.

It sounds like they have someone new in customer service, I never spoke to a woman there. The guy I talked to was always really pissy to have to talk about not having seeds.

Kula420

I am pretty upset about how this forum conducts business.

I came here to create a profile and share my experiences with Big Island Genetics and Pua Mana Ohana and my entire thread detailing what I went through with Big Island Genetics got deleted?

Now all of my positive posts supporting the Pua Mana Seedbank have been deleted from this thread too?

What is going on here?

I got this email today about the situation:

Screenshot_20191031-070858.png
Screenshot_20191031-070909.png
Screenshot_20191031-070916.png
Screenshot_20191031-070928.png

So what does this mean?

If one company pays the forum they will erase all bad posts about them and all positive posts about competitors?

Pretty shady if you ask me.

My experience with Big Island Genetics was horrible. I ordered the Maui Wowie and got some multi-pheno pack with strains that did not resemble Maui Wowie at all.

I think either Big Island Genetics is faking it or they cross pollinated the genetics they had doing breeding outdoors on an acre in Mountain View sub-division on Big Island.

You can't breed multiple strains on an acre outdoors without cross pollination. Pollen travels for miles on the breeze.

I wasted a whole year growing the Big Island Genetics strains I bought, I should be allowed to share my experience so others do not waste a season on inferior seeds grown by some shell game, seed huckster who moved to Hawaii from Las Vegas and does not know the local families who protected these strains.

Bet Big Island Genetics got their Maui Wowie from Pua Mana Seedbank just like ILGM and Seedsman did. They started up a few years after Pua Mana Ohana began releasing strains in 2014. Just enough time to buy strains from Pua Mana and try to breed them for themselves on an acre on Big Island so they can start their own seed company.

Only difference is they did not give Pua Mana credit for their work like ILGM and Seedsman did.

The real Hawaiian Sativa that Pua Mana Ohana sells looks like the one to me. They know the true history of it too.

Pua Mana shares the history of Maui Wowie and other Hawaiian strains on their website. Both ILGM and Seedsman share the Maui Wowie history provided by Pua Mana.

That should say something, in such a competitive environment, that breeders can put aside petty sales stuff to do what is right for the plant and the patients looking for the right Maui Wowie.

I Iinked to a Pua Mana Maui Wowie vs. Nirvana Maui Waui grow, here on 420 mag, by @ladyga and it got deleted:

LadyGaea A Tale of Two Maui's

It should not be an issue to link to threads here on the forum. I understand they don't want people to buy seeds from ILGM or Seedsman so they removed the links, but linking to threads right here on 420 mag should be cool.

@LadyGaea proved Pua Mana has the real Maui Wowie with her grow journal. So did @TurboBucket

Turbobucket said even with the delays last year, the genetics are so good he will order again. That is part of what helped me make my decision to try Pua Mana Maui Wowie.

Every link I supplied to the Pua Mana articles on Seedsman got deleted.

So did the Maui Wowie and Maui Pineapple Chunk reviews by I Love Growing Marijuana.

I thought it was cool to see breeders supporting one and others work, like ILGM and Seedsman do to Pua Mana Ohana.

ILGM pays homage to Pua Mana for saving old school Hawaiian legends like Maui Wowie during the drug wars. They deserve credit for that. Were it not for their preservation efforts we may not have Maui Wowie to enjoy today.

My posts got deleted when I pointed out the obvious to @Amy Gardner , that ILGM must have gotten their Maui Wowie from the same place they got Maui Mango Diesel, Maui Pineapple Chunk and Kona Gold: Pua Mana.

These folks are heroes who saved old Hawaiian strains from extinction during the war on drugs. Real talk.

What other seedbank can claim such a heroic heritage?

Saving Hawaiian from extinction deserves credit and respect. ILGM and Seedsman give Pua Mana credit and respect.

That is kind of a big deal. How many breeders in the industry respect each other and share one and other's articles freely?

I spent months researching Pua Mana and even talked to one of the girls working customer service before I posted here. They know what they are talking about and have lab tests to prove their strains are legit.

The girl I spoke with said they offered everyone with an outstanding pre-order to replace their order with seeds in stock if they did not want to wait after the natural disasters in 2018. She said some people took the seeds and went around bad mouthing them online, even after they got hooked up. Pretty messed up, if you ask me. Ungrateful Deadheads.

They fulfilled the orders, even when their place got hit with natural disasters. Turbobucket said they sent him seeds when he said he did not want to wait for his pre-order anymore.

Sounds like pretty good customer service to me.

She said they no longer offer pre-order and all sales are 1st come 1st served now. Nobody should have an issue with orders being delayed now.

My mind is made up, I am going with Pua Mana Maui Wowie because they know what they are talking about and they Maui Wowie looks legit AF:

Screenshot_20191029-185103.png

Pua Mana Ohana Maui Wowie on 11/13 light cycle to tighten up the buds

I had planned on sharing my grow here on 420 mag to style out the site.

My friend told me these forums were shady and to avoid wasting time because it is all one sided.

Now I know for myself.

If this post gets erased I will share my experience with 420 mag all over the internet, so people don't end up wasting time like I did.

If someone has something to say about a seedbank, postive or negative, they should be able to share their stories without being deleted because you favor another breeder.

Last edited:

TurboBucket

Welcome to the forum.
Links to outside sales that are not sponsors are not allowed. Even links to Amazon items will get removed or edited. It's partially to protect the sponsors and partially to protect the integrity of the site. (They don't want dead links in the future when the item lookup has changed)

You could always ask Teddy for an explanation, (private message is preferred) it's possible there was a misunderstanding.

Sounds like pua Mana has changed things up maybe, your experience will be better than others, maybe it will end up being the same thing. Getting rid of pre-order and only selling in stock stuff should help.

Kula420

Welcome to the forum.
Links to outside sales that are not sponsors are not allowed. Even links to Amazon items will get removed or edited. It's partially to protect the sponsors and partially to protect the integrity of the site. (They don't want dead links in the future when the item lookup has changed)

You could always ask Teddy for an explanation, (private message is preferred) it's possible there was a misunderstanding.

Sounds like pua Mana has changed things up maybe, your experience will be better than others, maybe it will end up being the same thing. Getting rid of pre-order and only selling in stock stuff should help.
Thanks for the welcome.

I understand the outside links not being allowed because they want to keep people on this site for their sponsors.

I saw how other forums were purging every positive comment about Pua Mana and thought this might be the same deal.

When you actually look into it, Pua Mana knows what they are talking about and have lab tests to back up their work.

The girl I talked to said people ask about placing pre-orders all the time because they sell out of seeds so fast but they stopped accepting pre-orders after their releases got delayed. Bummer cause there are a few strains I would like to pre-order. They have a fire line up.

I put an order in and already got a shipping notification email so it looks like they are on it.

I'll let you know how it goes...

Pumped to get my hands on the real deal Maui Wowie!

TurboBucket

Their IG feed has changed lately as well so I'm assuming there's a new person in charge of the online stuff. The old guy was pretty hostile and didn't follow the forum rules so they were shown the door, which was a bummer because he had shared a bunch of the articles from their site on here.

If other forums had a problem with them it was likely a result of him. I don't frequent any others though so really couldn't say.

Kula420

Their IG feed has changed lately as well so I'm assuming there's a new person in charge of the online stuff. The old guy was pretty hostile and didn't follow the forum rules so they were shown the door, which was a bummer because he had shared a bunch of the articles from their site on here.

If other forums had a problem with them it was likely a result of him. I don't frequent any others though so really couldn't say.

I read all the negative comments on the other forums. That is part of the reason I made a mistake and chose Big Island Genetics instead of getting Maui Wowie from the source like @TurboBucket did when I was looking for Hawaiian.

When I re-read those forums it is so obvious all of the haters never even did biz with Pua Mana or grew out their gear.

Most of those clowns on IC mag would not know what to do with Hawaiian if it fell from heaven into their grow room. The ignorance on that site is incredible. They really have no idea how dumb they look to everyone who reads those threads.

Those haters said everything from they never shipped orders at all to trying to disrespect the breeders to the genetics themselves.

It is obvious Pua Mana does ship orders and their genetics are legit.

Maybe that is why other seedbanks are hating, because they are jealous or feel left out of the loop cause they did not know where to find Hawaiian a few years back and went all over the forums saying it was extinct, then Pua Mana released the real deal Hawaiian making them look foolish for not knowing about the strains they were talking about.

I've been looking for some real Hawaiian for awhile now and keep getting the run around or some bunk stuff like I got from Big Island Genetics that was bred on an acre in Mountain View sub-division on Big Island with 1000 other hybrids nobody has ever heard of.

I went back through the puamanapakalolo IG feed all the way to 2014:

Screenshot_20191101-091351.png

I only checked the FB before I bought Big Island Genetics last year.

Found out the Pua Mana Ohana FB got deleted and they had to start a new page in 2018. Probably got snitched out by the same people trying to steal their strains and start their own seedbanks.

Some shady stuff going in in the industry these days.

The girl I talked to seriously knew her stuff. Could tell she is actually local.

Pua Mana Ohana came out before all these other new Hawaiian seedbanks.

It looks like the new HI seedbanks, like Big Island Genetics, took their gear when it dropped and then went around trying to bad mouth them out of business. Then they messed up and cross pollinated all the strains growing outdoor on an acre parcel in Mountain View sub-division. Karma.

Last edited:

Kula420

My Maui Wowie order just came in!

20191105_081803.jpg

Now I know for sure the profiles posting all over saying there are issues with Pua Mana Seeds are all really competitors posing as forum users trying to tear them down so people will choose their gear.

Especially the ones who allude to "other Hawaiian seedbanks" and want to have private conversations to spread their lies.

71083505_883956558654784_1744497659869134848_n.jpg

Nice try haters.

These Pua Mana Ohana Seeds are beautiful!

20191105_074719.jpg

Showed up in 4 days. Shipped priority mail from HI. Crush-proof packs. Super discrete shipping.

There is even an extra pack in my order!

These folks know how to hook it up proper.

The care they put into the packing and presentation, shows they are miles ahead of the copycats trying to sell their gear, while bad mouthing them online. These packs are sweet.

20191105_074604.jpg

Thanks again @TurboBucket and @LadyGaea for making these Pua Mana Maui Wowie threads so I could find the real deal Maui Wowie!

I'll let you know how these babies develop...

So stoked!

Last edited:
Top Bottom