Dakine Real Maui Wowie In The Midwest

:laugh::rofl:

Awesome seed bank you got now. Is this the only thing you will be growing now for a while? ;)

Nope. Likely a constant in the rotation but far from the only thing. The seeds were mostly an emergency backup. However the breeder has since announced that they will replace any genetics purchased through them if you need them so it kind of became an irrelevant project on my end. It was fun though, got to learn some more about these plants and made a couple of crosses that I'm excited to run in the future

Looks like you found the real deal maui wowie.

Thanks for sharing!

Nope. They suck ass. Full of empty promises, never sent my seeds any time they were supposedly "in stock". Finally after months they sent me a couple packs of different strains than what I ordered.

I, too, ordered the MW from the afore mentioned Hawaiian Seed Bank. Bad decision. Like turbobucket I got nothing but the run around before they finally sent my seeds - 11 months later!

The seeds are very tiny, and very pale. They look immature if you ask me.

PM me if you want the long version of my experience.

BTW, I’ve acquired some MW seeds from another Hawaiian breeder and we’ll be running a comparison between the two mid December. I’ll be posting/journaling at Landrace Genetics 101

I ordered Maui Wowie from Pua Mana along with Kona Gold. I ordered a third strain which I never received. I’ll have to grow out the Maui and compare the buds with the Maui I tried back in 1979. It was very distinct so will be easy to compare the two.

The beans have been ok. The customer service is terrible. I have them the benefit of the doubt. I waited a year for Godzilla glue seeds and still never got them. They promised more freebies to make up for it, never got them.

After a year of excuses I got one strain I ordered, Maui wowie, in a timely manner. I can not realistically suggest anyone spend any money with the company

Just trying to make sure people don't end up in the same situation I was. I have not gone around bad mouthing them, y'all came into my journal and got my opinion on the company. If you don't mind not knowing when you'll get what you paid for they have some cool strains but don't be in a hurry for them. And don't expect them to give you any sort of timeline other than "next harvest".
I was cool when they said it was set back by floods, then volcano, but the Roundup sabotage attack stretched it too far.I waited a year, I'd say that's long enough for someone to hold onto my money without delivering a product. I do intend to place another order when I can afford it and the wait.

It sounds like they have someone new in customer service, I never spoke to a woman there. The guy I talked to was always really pissy to have to talk about not having seeds.

Back
Top Bottom