Dales White Widow Max 1st Ever Grow - Indoor - Check It Out

I've been waiting for an update from your grow! Lookin' good man - I honestly have no clue about that diagram you drew up concerning the fan leaves dropping during the flowering stage.

Hopefully somebody with more experience can elaborate on that for everybody.

Thanks for the update!

:yummy:

Thanks for following along dude. Sometimes I think hardly anyone even pays attention to this thing - and it takes a lot of work keeping this up to date. Even still it's a good reference for me to see when changes have been made to the plants.

I too am curious to hear what folks have to say about the fan leaves dropping like they did in my diagram above. This is really one of my biggest remaining questions - what is the natural good way for leaves to fall off and when should i be worried. What should I trim off etc.

Hoping someone knows.

At what age should i really notice fan leaves dying and do they turn completely yellow like the leaves on trees during the fall? I do believe these plants still might be suffering from slightly low PH,
DaleDentons great grow:) hey I have had no internet down where I live for a couple days. But, the leaves as in your diagram shows bottom up, if I am understanding it. Leaves can and can start yellowing - turning colors from the moment it starts to flower from either the inside lower bottom or ? Yellowing can occur various places and locations throughout plant mostly during the later stages of bud development. Fertilzers, PH, soil, watering, all plays a part in this as well.

I too am curious to hear what folks have to say about the fan leaves dropping like they did in my diagram above. This is really one of my biggest remaining questions - what is the natural good way for leaves to fall off and when should i be worried. What should I trim off etc.
I let them fall off if they do, But I am a clean freak and pull of any giant fan leave that is a hint of yellow. I do not like icky leaves sliming up my soil at the base of the plants, for a fear of fungus growth may happen.
Sometimes all of us here cannot get to all the Grow Journals as we would like to. We do however make our efforts in making sure we do. We appreciate and understand the importance of when we are at your Grow Journals we hopefully give you our best undivided attention as possible. Without your sharing, none of this would be possible.
Mahalo DaleDenton.

DaleDentons great grow:) hey I have had no internet down where I live for a couple days. But, the leaves as in your diagram shows bottom up, if I am understanding it. Leaves can and can start yellowing - turning colors from the moment it starts to flower from either the inside lower bottom or ? Yellowing can occur various places and locations throughout plant mostly during the later stages of bud development. Fertilzers, PH, soil, watering, all plays a part in this as well.

I let them fall off if they do, But I am a clean freak and pull of any giant fan leave that is a hint of yellow. I do not like icky leaves sliming up my soil at the base of the plants, for a fear of fungus growth may happen.
Sometimes all of us here cannot get to all the Grow Journals as we would like to. We do however make our efforts in making sure we do. We appreciate and understand the importance of when we are at your Grow Journals we hopefully give you our best undivided attention as possible. Without your sharing, none of this would be possible.
Mahalo DaleDenton.

Thanks for the tips. The plants look exceptional, i just hate seeing dying leaves on them. It actually drives me crazy - thinking I need to do something better.

I always think to this special i watched on the National Geographic Channel of this guy that had the most amazing indoor medical marijuana grow I've ever seen (Canadian). In one of his many HUGE flowering rooms he stops and explains his plants are so great because they lack nothing, and he points out how crisp and beautiful green they are. I think this documentary paints a very unbiased picture of the world view on marijuana, maybe even slightly biased towards pro-legalization. Most of you would enjoy it - but back on topic.

I have always had the opposite feeling about leaves laying on the soil at the base of the plants. I have always thought that they would decompose and act as extra fertilizer if anything. Has this ever given you fungus or is it just an extra precaution you've always taken?

As for your last comment - I totally appreciate all the feedback from everyone so far. I know it's not easy to keep up on every journal, and it probably becomes redundant for the more seasoned growers on here to keep answering the same questions over and over. So thank you all for doing what you do. A lot can be said for this great community of growers and cannabis affectionados - you guys are the shit!

:allgood:

Your garden is lovely...congratulations:hippy:

Peace and good growing:rollit:

No problem man - I try to visit as many grow journals as possible on a daily basis! Your WW looks tasty and I'm sure MANY people are checkin' out your journal, we all wanna see those buds grow bigger and bigger!

I finally received my WW and other "random" seeds for my upcoming FIRST grow - should be up in a couple of weeks!

:surf:

Hey, we are interested DD. I've been following along but I haven't replied that often, except to comment on how well it was going.

rsz_100_0602.jpg

^^ Great plant!! ^^

I wouldn't worry about the slight yellowing on the lower fans at this point in the game. The plant looks healthy and green. I've read where plants sheds some excess nutes and other bad stuff to the lower leaves, so they die off. Probably low light down there too. As long as your PH is in order and it's not massively root bound, it should finish strong. You're gonna see some bulking up in these last few weeks.

leafclone.jpg

I got a kick out of the fan clone. :grinjoint:

You probably want to consider using the tips of branches for your clones. ;)

Using a flowering clone or super cropped/pruned regular clone as mothers will produce lots of branches, giving you a good supply of clone candidates.

Nice growing!!

:peace:

Harry

:smokin:
I have always had the opposite feeling about leaves laying on the soil at the base of the plants. I have always thought that they would decompose and act as extra fertilizer if anything. Has this ever given you fungus or is it just an extra precaution you've always taken?
Indoors it is an extra precaution, Leaves get on the soil, things like to nest in there and start there own eco system which is ok. The other part is I am a clean freak indoors growing. My outdoors gardens of all types and sizes are all Organic composted leaves on soil, etc...
The National Geographic expose' on Cannabis was interesting, I liked it. The Canadian Medical Grow was a show of force for a great system he has going. But is one that is legal for the BC system and sold to the Government to help supply the Medical Marijuana Patients in Canada, as I understood it.:smokin:

Day 49 Flowering Update

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. Batteries died in the camera and I was lazy, but we're back up and running now.

Since my last post there have been quite a few changes in the garden. One of the original clones taken so long ago, has finally turned into a plant. The other two are struggling but I think they'll make it.

In the last batch of clones many of them have shown roots, lost only a handful and others are still looking good, but no roots poking out. Much to my surprise, even one of the fan leaves we stuck in rock wool grew roots, and am curious to see how it would start branching if it even does.

Also all of the trimmings collected thus far were made into cannabudder. It actually worked too!

Here's how it was done.

1.)First melted 4 sticks of butter in a good sized pan.
2.)Added about 2 cups of water and stirred in with butter.
3.)Added a lot of trim, at least half of a large paper bags worth.
4.)Mashed and mixed thoroughly for about 1.5 hrs on med to low heat as to not burn the butter.
5.)Occasionally added more water as a lot seemed to burn out.
6.)Strained through a standard strainer into a Tupperware container and put into freezer until it because very hard.
7.)All of the plant matter sunk to the bottom leaving only green cannabudder on top.
8.)Dumped onto plate and used knife to cut off the layer of plant matter from the bottom of the butter, there was a tiny bit on top too that was shaved off.

Then you use that for any recipe that calls for butter. Chocolate chip cookies and fudge brownies were made. They tasted and smelled almost minty, but I have to admit it wasn't the greatest taste in the world. However the stone came on very slow but hit pretty damn hard once they kicked in. I would say it takes a good 1.5 hours to kick in, and it's a great buzz. Similar to smoking it, but yet very different. Heavy body buzz.

As far as the budding plants go, two of them seemed to have taken the PH Nute lockout a little harder than the other two. Don't get me wrong, they all look great but it's very obvious to spot which ones were affected the most.

Also they plants are no longer being fed big bud, they are being fed overdrive. Many of the leaves were looking sad and yellowing, signs of fall. Amazingly, one feeding of overdrive and the yellow leaves perked right back up and the plant looks like it's growing great again. Who'd a thunk it, a product actually doing what it advertises it does. :idea:

Many of the fan leaves have fallen off, so the buds are really getting good light now. I can't believe all of this hard work is about to pay off within a couple of weeks for harvest. :slide:

And now for pics.

100_06681.JPG

Here is one of the clones showing roots.

rsz_100_0692.jpg

Here is a shot of the veg room, the lid was off the clone dome during this photo. You can see 5 freshly transplanted clones on the bottom right.

rsz_100_0706.jpg

Here is one of the three newest flowering White Widow Maxes. Judging by how good it looks now, I think this will be the greatest plant to come out of the garden out of the 7 currently in there. Look how it dwarfs a yard stick.

rsz_100_0678.jpg

Here you can see the 3 plants that are 21 days into flowering crammed into the back of the bloom room. This room is definitely at maximum capacity if not over. We won't be making the same PH mistakes on this batch.

rsz_100_0684.jpg

Here is a shot of the trichs on one of the 49 day old plants. I think they are mostly still clear but I do see a few cloudy ones in there. I went to walmart today to find a good magnifying glass, but theirs were mostly crap. Any ideas on what kind of store would carry a good magnifying glass? How much longer do you think this has to go, I know it's only one pic but it's hard to snap close ups of the trichs, with my camera anyway.

rsz_100_0675.jpg

Here is a shot of the entire bloom room. These babies are turning into monsters!!! I wish that I knew now what sort of yield to expect, I am really hoping for at least 2 Z's a plant. Keep in mind this room is 6 ft deep and completely packed with plants.

rsz_100_0690.jpg

One of the top cola's. It's easy to see why they call this strain white widow, even more so when it's not under the yellow HPS light.

rsz_100_0715.jpg

It's amazing to see all the leaves turning the colors of fall in there. That must only mean they are getting close! :grinjoint:

rsz_100_0713.jpg

A few side bud shots. Many of these side buds are approaching a foot long.

So that's it for now. :peace:

Great lookin buds man, looks like you've got quite a green thumb. I would check out Radioshack for a scope they tend to have good ones. Best of luck finishing up those beauties!

DaleDenton, Thanks again for keeping all of us here posted with your progression. The clones are coming in rooted and all.Plants & Buds are looking fantastic. There is no doubt that thru your sharing here many new growers and old ones alike have taken note of the patience and perseverence of maintaining a beautifully grown cannabis garden.
Your due diligence has rewarded you, and many here with self pride, joy & beautiful Ladies maturing along in all their glory.
Job Well Done DaleDenton!

Day 60 Update
Sorry it's been so long for an update.

I haven't taken pics in a bit, but plan to tomorrow night. The garden is doing great, the four oldest plants are almost ready. The trichromes are probably 50 percent cloudy or more.

We picked one of the smallest branches off and let it dry; hanging in a cardboard box. After two days of hanging it weighed in at 2.2 grams. It was harvested too early i know, but it was for a buddies birthday.

The high was phenomenal. My opinion is probably biased, but it was some dank dope. The best part is that I know I could improve many things about it's growing environment to increase the yield. I can only imagine the quality I could crank out, this plant loves to grow!

Not only that - I know it's only going to taste and smoke better! Proper dry and cure and it's going to be lovely!

Finally the moment I've been waiting for. For a first go at it I am totally content!

This is possible only because of you guys. The hours of research on this forum (and I mean HOURS) of browsing this forum were more than enough guidance for anyone to pull it off. You guys are the shit!

:thanks:

Pics, updates and more smoke reports to come. Stay tuned fellas! :peace:

Back
Top Bottom