Damaged, broken plant: Will it survive?

pingulay

420 Member
Hello friends.

2 month outdoor Jack Herrer Auto and photoperiod Damnesia (strainhunters).

2 days ago, i dont know what and why, but something broke all brenches and stem.

Will it survive?

I still have hope, because there is some survived nodes.
Screenshot_5.png
Screenshot_6.png

Yesterday i water they with Floramicro 5-0-1 Hardwater. 1ml with 1.5L water.

Yes. But I am wondering if it was chewed by something. In that case it might come back for more.
I dont know what is was. Some say birds do that, but i dont know how bird can do this kind of damage. At this moment i protect it with thorns, but i should make it earlier.

I can't see it being a bird...

Do you have deer in the area? They love to chew on anything young and green. I put fence around all my young plants because I have deer everywhere where I'm at.

Yeah, I'm thinking deer to, but there should be some tracks/evidence. Had an issue once with packrats, they would chew off the stem (cleaner than the picture) haul off the plant, then strip the leaves off and use the stems in their nests. Quite honestly it will survive, but you might be better starting over, it's gonna take a while to recover.

Yeah, I'm thinking deer to, but there should be some tracks/evidence. Had an issue once with packrats, they would chew off the stem (cleaner than the picture) haul off the plant, then strip the leaves off and use the stems in their nests. Quite honestly it will survive, but you might be better starting over, it's gonna take a while to recover.
There is absolutly no way that it was deer. There is no deer in my region.

Thanks god They start to recover.

I can't see it being a bird...

Do you have deer in the area? They love to chew on anything young and green. I put fence around all my young plants because I have deer everywhere where I'm at.
We have no deer.
I have it in little garden. protected with fance. I dont now what is was

I would think it was a human but, I think they would pull it up from the roots. If you have one stick a trail cam up and see if you can capture the culprit. I have seen rabbits and raccoons get in some small spaces. Could be a squirrel or like Phytoplankton said, maybe a rat.

My money is on a cat or a rabbit. Top that plant at the node closest to the break on the stem. Who knows what kind of disease an animal leaves behind on the stem where it chewed it. May as well get more branches to work with. It will look like new in 2 weeks.

Cat and rat is more familiar where i live.

Cats loves it, right? I have so many cats in neighbourhood.
Also, in this yard there is 3 roosters. They like destroy new plants. I would say it was rooster but they cant go ever the fence.

Never mind what did that.
I have question.

Will it affect THC % ? becouse it is very high stress for almost 2 month plants.

I know they will grow smaller then normal, but will it be quality over quantity?

PS
I will attach some photos by evening.

PSS

I live in Georgia(country).

Cat and rat is more familiar where i live.

Cats loves it, right? I have so many cats in neighbourhood.
Also, in this yard there is 3 roosters. They like destroy new plants. I would say it was rooster but they cant go ever the fence.

Never mind what did that.
I have question.

Will it affect THC % ? becouse it is very high stress for almost 2 month plants.

I know they will grow smaller then normal, but will it be quality over quantity?

PS
I will attach some photos by evening.

PSS

I live in Georgia(country).

They will probably get even bigger now that they've been topped / chewed off. That causes them to make 2 branches where there use to be only 1 branch.
As far as potency / THC. If it's stressed enough to Hermie & make seeds, you will lose THC potency; because the plant is focused on making seeds instead of buds. You will probably be fine as long as it doesn't keep happening.

They will probably get even bigger now that they've been topped / chewed off. That causes them to make 2 branches where there use to be only 1 branch.
As far as potency / THC. If it's stressed enough to Hermie & make seeds, you will lose THC potency; because the plant is focused on making seeds instead of buds. You will probably be fine as long as it doesn't keep happening.

It is feminised StainHunters Damnesia. Is it possible to become hermie?

What is purpose to make plant hermie?
I am not @Buds Buddy but I do think that he is attempting to see if he can force the plant to become a hermaphrodite.

There are a lot of growers who feel that the least little thing will cause a female Marijuana plant to start showing male flowers everywhere. He is trying to show that it is not as easy as some people keep saying it is.

But, like I mentioned I am not him so we will have to wait until he logs in and answers your question himself.

What is purpose to make plant hermie?
When I first started growing this guy Weedzar on another site once said to me " You can kick them, bite them, punch them & all kinds of other shit & it's still hard to make one Hermie". So I tried it. Let it dry out way too much, Fed it weak. Fed it hard. Made leaves Taco with 92 F temps. Super Cropped 12 branches. It did not Hermie. They are resilient & can take a lot. Think about what mother nature dishes out to them & they keep on going. Not sure if the energizer bunny or Timex invented these things but they take a licking & keep on ticking.

If you ever looked at my journals you'd see I experiment a lot just to change things up & try everything. Sometimes things get better; sometimes worse. But I only do it to maybe 2 - 3 plants out of 6 - 10 plants so I still have plenty at harvest time.

Back
Top Bottom