Damp weed vs decarboxylation - whats the crack?

GigaGrew

so basically i hear that burning weed decarbs the thc, but i also hear that smoking wet weed doesnt get you stoned.

does smoking fail to decarb all the thc or does slow drying before burning somehow allow more end thc into your lungs.

this is a sister question to my curing RH vs smoking RH question.

its all to do with understanding the guts of how to maximise what you have after you have cut the plant down.

Re: damp weed vs decarboxylation...whats the crack?

If its too wet it just won't burn. If you have some wetter weed just stick in an oven on its lowest setting for 15 minutes or so and then will smoke up better.
When you slow dry, the less mature trichonomes have a little time to mature and produce more thc and to release the harsh smoke producing chlorophyll.
The act of introducing a flame carbolyzes the thc to release it into the smoke. Its also why when making brownies that you should put the material in a low heat pan and cook it with oil or butter for a half hour or so.

ok so if i starve my plants for 2 weeks, cut them in the dark, use a tub touching the radiator (100celsius max) with some 50% humidi packs for a couple of days then this should be good smoke and not really need a cure except to slightly improve the taste and maybe add a little more thc by allowing the trichs to mature....am i assuming you mean clear trichs goin cloudy? if i cut when 50/50 cloudy/ amber, would that mean over mature buds then if i left it cure long?

all that sound about right?

From what I have read on the matter, the darkness is what converts the crystals into THC. The wet factor is mostly just for taste and smokability.

Ok, so the amber has more of a 'stoned' effect than does the cloudy, but that what most people want, not all, just most.

In my experience people like the cloudy and want a nice head buzz. Or if they do want a good couchlock you smoke some nice indica. Smoking old trichomes isnt the same as a indica feeling, its more the braindead feeling.

If you really want amber i got some 2 year old bud for ya lol.

yeah the colour of the trichs determing the type of high you get in this context i will call it the frequency, im looking to improve the all round decibel level, lol.

so its darkness that contributes the most to the thca conversion!?
that certainly fits my weak weed. my cure jar is transparent and in a fully lit room (didnt plan on it sticking around for very long, lol)

Smoking old trichomes isnt the same as a indica feeling, its more the braindead feeling

agreed...its that whole cbd vs cbn business. i detest feeling brain dead. the reason i smoke at all is for those moments of lucidity i get when toking on the right balance of chemicals. i smoke to turn my brain ON, i dont want no brain numbing amber in my crop if i can help it :rofl:

Oh yeah man, weed has to be cured in dark or else itll be way way way below potential. See the THC is some other kind of chemical originally (which is why picking buds and smoking them right away does not do much)

This chemical (i forget what it is atm), needs to convert into THC, it does this in darkness. Also once it is THC light will degrade it into CBD.

Oh yeah man, weed has to be cured in dark or else itll be way way way below potential. See the THC is some other kind of chemical originally (which is why picking buds and smoking them right away does not do much)

This chemical (i forget what it is atm), needs to convert into THC, it does this in darkness. Also once it is THC light will degrade it into CBD.

yeah its THCa...but i thought it was purely drying it out that converted it into THC, seems im vastly underestimating the power of dark.

anyone able to second this at all?

not that i doubt your logic jimmy, all advice is best corroborated ;)

My personal experience has been that a bud cut and quick dried produced pretty much the same high as it does after
a proper cure. The big difference is taste and how smooth the smoke is.

so if i have quickdried or let it dry for a week by air and it isnt very strong and i have left it long enough (mostly coudy with a couple of amber), what would be the issue?

my humidity is low 10% but apart from that, they get enough light, enough food, the right PH and the right tempratures. it just doesnt seem very strong.

im wondering about this business about thc degrading by light....does that 'broken' thc get replaced by new stuff, would weed grown in the dark for its last week or 2 weeks be stronger than weed that recieved 1kw till the day it was snipped?

ok so if i starve my plants for 2 weeks, cut them in the dark, use a tub touching the radiator (100celsius max) with some 50% humidi packs for a couple of days then this should be good smoke and not really need a cure except to slightly improve the taste and maybe add a little more thc by allowing the trichs to mature....am i assuming you mean clear trichs goin cloudy? if i cut when 50/50 cloudy/ amber, would that mean over mature buds then if i left it cure long?

all that sound about right?
Should be about right. If you let them grow pass the amber stage in the trichomes it just means more of a deeper buzz.

Should be about right. If you let them grow pass the amber stage in the trichomes it just means more of a deeper buzz.

yeah but i dont want a deeper buzz ;) i want a stronger head high. got some silver haze recently that blew me through the roof. im talking about if i grew the exact same strain for the same amount of time, i think mine wouldnt be as potent, im doing something not quite right.

Someone on the forums I think it was Goose busted out some almost 2 year old bud he had stored away. In total darkness of course and I think it was in a jar but it might have been sealer bag.

Anyways he said it was like heaven and had not lost any potency and the smoothness was out of this world.

Back
Top Bottom