Dangers in a state of meditation?

onwi

Being partly asian i have always been told by my predescessors that meditating or practicing qi gong/hei gong without proper training by professionals will make you susceptible to other "entities" occupying and taking control of your body or losing yourself in some way.

In chinese its phrased, in literal translation, "release of fire, entry of demonic entity".

During my high times, i often try and reach a higher state of conscoiusness, esp if i'm getting high alone. if i'm in bed i try and dissociate my spiritual self from my physical self.

In any spiritual practice associated with cannabis, what are the dangers of such a thing happening and how do you avoid them?

LOLOLOL @ smokin.moose

but yeah SG4
yeah apparently beacuse you're in a state of vulnerability the "things" somehow get in. not too sure tho. hopefully someone here has more than my half-assed knowledge on this issue...

LOL

I have read though that you are in a state of vulnerability, that if anyone interupts your venture you could loose it all and be a complete different person. Maybe thats where that evil demon theory takes over?

I have read though that you are in a state of vulnerability, that if anyone interupts your venture you could loose it all and be a complete different person. Maybe thats where that evil demon theory takes over?

yeah thats quite possible. still not too sure tho. i guess that would be a logical explanation compared to the more religiously based one of angels and demons :p

HAHAHa thanks for replying again :D

Hey Onwi, did you know Jacki Chan's folks live in Canberra.

YEAHHH i heard that his parents lived in NSW. i dind't know it was canberra specifically tho.
LOLOLOL seen them around lately? maybe rolling around and jumping walls in your local asian grocery? LOLOL tehy're probably on that same ol mission to save a priceless chinese national treasure... hahahahaha:laughtwo:

i met this one dude who was supposed to be way high up in the echelons of the "triads" (not sure which one tho. i think sun yee on cuz he didn't seem to speak about the 14k too nicely) but he mentioned to me that when jackie chan went to sydney or something to visit his parents in australia, he gave this dude a 200 y.o. bottle of wine out of respect...

if i was him i would've opted for some of that white widow you're cooking up :)

heheheheh
:smokin:

Triad. MMMM. Know them well. I used to hang with the the local head when I was younger, until they started drawing too much attention. Scary stuff and best left alone.
As for the dreaming and fear of losing self, I say in all seriousness that it can't happen. Go for it! I've always been a proponent of high THC blasts, and I'm talking 2 joints bang bang, then music and lights out...chill back and let it rush on. The friggin best is Pink Floyd "Dark Side of the Moon". It's like the cinema of your mind has been switched on.

Triad. MMMM. Know them well. I used to hang with the the local head when I was younger, until they started drawing too much attention. Scary stuff and best left alone.
As for the dreaming and fear of losing self, I say in all seriousness that it can't happen. Go for it! I've always been a proponent of high THC blasts, and I'm talking 2 joints bang bang, then music and lights out...chill back and let it rush on. The friggin best is Pink Floyd "Dark Side of the Moon". It's like the cinema of your mind has been switched on.

HAHa relaly? this guy was called ying gor. or brother ying translated. he's got ummmm whats that disease where your blood doesn't clot? haha cant remember the name but yeah. i remember he told me that. cuz i was thinking inside...what if you got attacked man...all they'd have to do is bruise you a little...LOL
maybe you mite've bumped into him in the past hahaha...
just in case you did...:p

haha TWO?... jeeeeeeeeez. normally after one joint with 90/10 weed to baccy ratio, i'm out like that already...well recently been building up tolerance to the certain stash i have...so maybe a bit more i can handle...but yeah

HAHa i never tried doing that with music. i might download that song, put it on my ipod and try it tonite :D. hehehehhehhehe

thanks for the heads up moose :D

:headbanger:

Being partly asian i have always been told by my predescessors that meditating or practicing qi gong/hei gong without proper training by professionals will make you susceptible to other "entities" occupying and taking control of your body or losing yourself in some way.

In chinese its phrased, in literal translation, "release of fire, entry of demonic entity".

During my high times, i often try and reach a higher state of conscoiusness, esp if i'm getting high alone. if i'm in bed i try and dissociate my spiritual self from my physical self.

In any spiritual practice associated with cannabis, what are the dangers of such a thing happening and how do you avoid them?

Nothing at all to worry about if you are practicing simple meditation. The problem would be if you are fasting and/or practicing more advanced breathing practices. Then it would be wise to have a teacher. Forget about disassociating your spiritual self and concentrate only on your breathing.

I heard of a guy, again I HEARD(don't believe) this guy was separated from his body and something attacked him and he couldn't use his arm any more. Don't really believe it but its what I heard.

Nothing at all to worry about if you are practicing simple meditation. The problem would be if you are fasting and/or practicing more advanced breathing practices. Then it would be wise to have a teacher. Forget about disassociating your spiritual self and concentrate only on your breathing.

thanks for the tip. i think either you shoudl guide me or i need to find a real teacher if i really want to pursue this aspect of marijuana usage...

haha thanks for the reply again :D

u rock julianne:headbanger:

I heard of a guy, again I HEARD(don't believe) this guy was separated from his body and something attacked him and he couldn't use his arm any more. Don't really believe it but its what I heard.

thats REALLY scary. haha i hate being in positions where im out of control...that is seriously fucked up. hahaha that sorta shit freaks me out bad. like invisible things flying around in the spiritual plane ready to pounce on me when im at a moment of weakness....

hahaha i will take heed of your warning

thanks for that brett2themax :headbanger:

I meditate every day and I have for the past few months. I've never had anything crazy happen to me. Basically, I meditate by putting on something I downloaded off Limewire that sounds like the ocean coming in and out with sea gulls or whatever and then I lay down and just let my thoughts roam. It's very nice. If you just chill yourself out for about 10 min like that every day it makes your days so much better.

I meditate every day and I have for the past few months. I've never had anything crazy happen to me. Basically, I meditate by putting on something I downloaded off Limewire that sounds like the ocean coming in and out with sea gulls or whatever and then I lay down and just let my thoughts roam. It's very nice. If you just chill yourself out for about 10 min like that every day it makes your days so much better.

REally? hmmm i guess i can give that a try. never really downloaded ocean sounds and seagulls off limewire tho. HAHA. i like sounds of running water. maybe like a waterfall or something.

yeah i kinda noe what u mean...like everyday when i go outside at dusk or something for a ciggie break its usually quiet and everything...and its nice to actually have things calm down and to be alone with ur thoughts...

:)

thanks for the advice jmo

much appreciated :headbanger:

I have always meditated in silence. . . or to the sound of my voice (chanting). . . I don't believe there is anything ready to "pounce" on you, unless your in the physical plane. . lol BTW, its possible to be in a lucid state and loose control of your body. . . or at least be temp paralyzed. My GF suffered from this for a long while, she would be "awake" but its like her body still thinks its in REM or something. . cause she will have to fight to move her arms and legs. I have read about this before, I just can't remember the term used to describe it. IDK, just rambling I suppose. . lol:peace:

^yeah i had that too, but not from meditation. i would wak eup and be unablre to move and feel a hug epressure on top of my body. i think some people refer to it as sleep paralysis.

i mentioned it to my dad cuz since he's retired he's been teaching tai chi and he says that it might be because you're blocking circulation when you're sleeping or something like that...

hahahaha thanks for reply bagzgroove

:) heheh :headbanger:

Back
Top Bottom