Dank's Adventures In Dankland

One can only dream about the perfect place to grow. Till then I'll be a basement grower for the most part. My little shed is barely big enough to walk around my tent. If my basement ceiling height was normal I'd be happier. Some spots are 73", some 75".....Old as hell :laughtwo:

All of my growing career I 'dreamed' of growing in a basement, RDWC style. I refuse to do any DWC on a wood floor of any kind, and sadly I've only ever been able to grow in a 2nd or 3rd story. IMO, you're a lucky mofo to have a basement to work with.

Edit - Can you dig down to gain height?

All of my growing career I 'dreamed' of growing in a basement, RDWC style. I refuse to do any DWC on a wood floor of any kind, and sadly I've only ever been able to grow in a 2nd or 3rd story. IMO, you're a lucky mofo to have a basement to work with.

Edit - Can you dig down to gain height?
Thanks sky! Can't dig down. It's a turn of the century house. I'm just grateful for cement floors. I just have dreams of a big flower room with 8' or higher ceilings. Basement is nice tho it's easy to control temps. Winter time actually runs on the edge of cold. I scoped veg plants and nothing moving. But some of the leafs are a little crispy

Thanks sky! Can't dig down. It's a turn of the century house. I'm just grateful for cement floors. I just have dreams of a big flower room with 8' or higher ceilings. Basement is nice tho it's easy to control temps. Winter time actually runs on the edge of cold. I scoped veg plants and nothing moving. But some of the leafs are a little crispy

I'm in the same kind of building. I already added a bunch of jack posts to stabilize the frame of the house on the shifting foundation. Old buildings like these don't have footers as the tech 100 years ago just built 2' thick stone walls and used that as the footer. My basement has about 5'6" clearance. I am 6'2" which means I have to hunch every time I go down there. It has cement floors in some spots, but it's only 1-2" thick at most. Depending on availability of funds, I want to dig it out and make the floors deeper down so I can walk around down there. I know I can do the work, and do it in sections making sure to thoroughly support the frame all along the way.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

Chernobyl is looking great so far
IMG_20191022_190546185.jpg
IMG_20191022_190239853.jpg

Thanks Sticky! I think it's too cold for the critters :laugh: I've been looking for a cheap microscope on Craigslist. Like kids in high school use. Would be nice to pluck a leaf and look at it through one I'm thinking :)
I bought a small one on amazon goes to 120 power I think its carson brand 12.00 bucks it works good when I looked at the hemp mites which are not visible to the naked eye it showed a lot the head and the little legs those hemp mites inject a poison while there chewing anyway its not a scope with the glass slides and all that but it works good for the money fyi! :)

I bought a small one on amazon goes to 120 power I think its carson brand 12.00 bucks it works good when I looked at the hemp mites which are not visible to the naked eye it showed a lot the head and the little legs those hemp mites inject a poison while there chewing anyway its not a scope with the glass slides and all that but it works good for the money fyi! :)
Thanks Sticky! I really need to do a better job of scoping out the girls before it's too late. I've got a microscope that works thru my phone. It's just cumbersome to use. I keep thinking about the ones in science class. Saw one today for 25$ just can't pick it up until the weekend

Thanks Sticky! I really need to do a better job of scoping out the girls before it's too late. I've got a microscope that works thru my phone. It's just cumbersome to use. I keep thinking about the ones in science class. Saw one today for 25$ just can't pick it up until the weekend

Is it a USB scope? Mine allows me to zoom in on a bud from the undersides and I can see the trics right on my phone. Is that how yours works too?

Is it a USB scope? Mine allows me to zoom in on a bud from the undersides and I can see the trics right on my phone. Is that how yours works too?
Yeah mine is the same. Just seems to be cumbersome to use. I'll have to get it out and play with it. The tripod is a POS :laugh:
Here's a pic from it. I use OTC app

its tough to get a clear pic with that magnification a good support is everything keep everything perfectly still I no I talked about the microscope I have and it works real good but you need to remove the leaf so you can lay it on the counter to look at it I have a nice loupe with an led light makes it easier to look over the plant without removing leafs!

I use OTG too, and yeah, you're right about difficult to take pics. I blame that on my shakes and I made peace with just using the scope to get a generalized view of trics, and less effort on pics. It seems every time I press the snap button on the scope, there's a last minute blur added to the photo. I guess for an ideal pic, I would snip off a sample, then put the scope back on it's stand for proper alignment, lighting, zoom and steadiness.

For looking over plants I just use these little cheapies. Not mega high power but about right for most uses, and much more versatile than the ones I have where you have to remove a sample.

Back
Top Bottom