Dank's Adventures In Dankland

Thanks Sticky! She went 61 days maybe could have went a few more but the trichs are right where I like them. I think she'll fill a jar maybe two. Not best yeilder but not too bad. Buds are pretty dense and sticky
congratulations dank :laughtwo: shes a beauty for sure your likely going to be chopping the rest here in the not to distant future that Chernobyl!:adore:

Today I up potted some clones for the next round in the Arctic tent :laughtwo: I'm thinking the ones left out there will be done soon. While up potting I accidentally broke a branch off Ting. I dipped it in clonex and put it in a solo of soil with a clear solo dome. Same way I usually clone, just without rapid rooter plugs. Will be interesting to see how it goes without plugs :)

Today I up potted some clones for the next round in the Arctic tent :laughtwo: I'm thinking the ones left out there will be done soon. While up potting I accidentally broke a branch off Ting. I dipped it in clonex and put it in a solo of soil with a clear solo dome. Same way I usually clone, just without rapid rooter plugs. Will be interesting to see how it goes without plugs :)

I'm considering adopting this practice. I believe it will be easier to maintain a good level of wetness in the medium. My trouble in cloning with rockwool is not getting too carried away with wetting the medium as too much and I'll damp off my cuttings. I think plain dirt will maintain ideal conditions better and the change will be slow and gradual. Please keep us up on your experience.

I'm considering adopting this practice. I believe it will be easier to maintain a good level of wetness in the medium. My trouble in cloning with rockwool is not getting too carried away with wetting the medium as too much and I'll damp off my cuttings. I think plain dirt will maintain ideal conditions better and the change will be slow and gradual. Please keep us up on your experience.
I will! My last few clone runs have been mostly 100%. But that's using the rapid rooters. Hopefully I won't be wasting money on those anyone :)

its nice to get a perpetual garden going I love watching it :) if the ting is a real grower it will likely root for ya ive never used plugs but I haven't clone a lot but I did pretty well with it I would take my cut at the rite time and then I would drop them in a cup of r/o water with a couple drops of em-1 and a little clonex mixed in then let those sit in there for hrs. oe overnight then do the angled cut dip into clonex and into the moist medium which for me is roots organic soil with about 80%coco mixed in I got almost 100% doing it that way!:high-five:

its nice to get a perpetual garden going I love watching it :) if the ting is a real grower it will likely root for ya ive never used plugs but I haven't clone a lot but I did pretty well with it I would take my cut at the rite time and then I would drop them in a cup of r/o water with a couple drops of em-1 and a little clonex mixed in then let those sit in there for hrs. oe overnight then do the angled cut dip into clonex and into the moist medium which for me is roots organic soil with about 80%coco mixed in I got almost 100% doing it that way!:high-five:
Hopefully it will root. It does clone really easy with the plugs. The only thing different is I soaked the plugs in a clonex/ro water mix, then dip into clonex gel. So it's double dipping :laughtwo:

So after up potting my clones I'm officially out of super soil :eye-roll: The ones today are SS on bottom half and FFOF on top. I left room for top dressing if needed. I have a fresh 30 lb bag of ewc. Never made tea's yet. Maybe I'll have to on next round. They are all in what looks like #4's. Those pots were from fruit trees I bought back in spring time. No labels for size

When using the SS, what's the process to regenerate the soil? In DB's soil, the EWC is mixed right in and in 30 days, it's ready to use and the previous roots I guess break down when recooking.

So after up potting my clones I'm officially out of super soil :eye-roll: The ones today are SS on bottom half and FFOF on top. I left room for top dressing if needed. I have a fresh 30 lb bag of ewc. Never made tea's yet. Maybe I'll have to on next round. They are all in what looks like #4's. Those pots were from fruit trees I bought back in spring time. No labels for size
I make tea all the time mostly ewc tea but if you see a little def going on a couple well placed teas works well this is how I make mine 5 gal home d bucket with a spigot and an aquarium pump with a good air stone!

When using the SS, what's the process to regenerate the soil? In DB's soil, the EWC is mixed right in and in 30 days, it's ready to use and the previous roots I guess break down when recooking.
I'm not sure just yet. I'll have to do some research on it :) Next spring I'll be making a full batch for sure! I only made a half batch this time

I make tea all the time mostly ewc tea but if you see a little def going on a couple well placed teas works well this is how I make mine 5 gal home d bucket with a spigot and an aquarium pump with a good air stone!
Thanks Sticky! I'm sure when the time comes I will be using your method :high-five: I still have most of the ingredients for SS. So hopefully I'll be able to use some of it in the tea. It'll be fun learning more about organics. So far it's been on cruise control :laughtwo:

I got the Boggie Brew compost tea mix and it came with a bunch of amendments too that I plan to use next spring when I do some SS grows with SCSS and Coots mix. I also still have half the stuff I used in making the SS so I can mix another batch or use it as amendments when needed. I am excited to try it.

Pic of the day
IMG_20191117_190654067_HDR.jpg
shed tent is at 9 weeks today

Back
Top Bottom