Dank's Adventures In Dankland

Damn sorry to hear aboit pest problem i just got off mine few months ago. I been burning sulfur for about a year but i definately would never burn sulfur in your house lol. Its toxic. Also i would never ever ever burn sulfur in flower bro . Youll taste it on your buds most definanately. Also its really hard on the plants it burns them. Most sulfur burners are used to cover i think 2000 square feet for industrial warehouse type shit. It was never intended to use in your small garden. Its awesome to use before you have plants in a room to clean out your equipment. Best thing you can do is chuck evrrything if possible if its that bad and just start over. Id hate to lose some special strain but in the long run youd be spending more time and stressing over keeping up on those old moms etc. I use to burn it in both my rooms. Weed came out lousy and tasted like nasty meh. You cant even oil that crap after cause the sulfur mixes into your hash and it tastes like crap.
Can't say I agree.....but we all have our experiences. Were you burning as close to 100% pure sulfur as possible? Pure sulfur is odorless. Its when the impurities get in that the smell goes up. If you use 99% or higher pure sulfur, the smells aren't bad at all (to our household including the Ms) and there isn't a taste on the buds....at least with the sulfur I burn. And it isn't harsh on the plants at all. The plants love the burns if its done with the right stuff. Here are a few pics from plants today.....they are from my veg tent. I did burns on half of them last night and I'm doing a burn on the other half tonight.

Sour Cherries

Durban Poison

Super Lemon Haze

All three of those got a 3 hour burn last night

Here are the other two plants in the veg tent that didn't get the burns....notice the color difference

8-Ball Kush

Golden Tiger

Every burn I do, the plants come out praying and they all have that bright green new growth to them. And one other thing...your comment that sulfur is toxic is incorrect. Here's a little exert on it.....please understand the differences between pure sulfur and other sulfur derivatives.

Elemental sulphur is not toxic, but many simple sulphur derivates are, such as sulphur dioxide (SO2) and hydrogen sulfide. Sulfur can be found commonly in nature as sulphides.

Big 502s use them here in their warehouses but only in vege and in huge facilitys. People say its the end all cure for almost evrrything that goes wrong but tbh its more used to control powdery mildew not bugs.
And again, disagree.....I had a full on hemp russet mite infestation that I was trying to treat with spraying......spraying 8-10 hours a week. I switched to the burns based off the advise of outdoor greenhouse growers who were battling hemp russet mites. I had several elite cuts I was battling to save....so I figured why not give it a try.

Within 2 weeks of doing the burns, my infestation was virtually gone. Within a month, I no longer saw any pests....be it the hemp russet mites or spider mites (which are common to me with my dogs). I even ran tests.....where I let a plant get really infested and then did 2 burns on it. After 2 burns, I saw virtually NO pests. I haven't seen any signs of anything in my grow tents since starting weekly burns. I have even burned up to 50 days in flower with no aftertastes, not just in my opinion, but in the opinion of several patients and friends.

The science to it is very simple....it coats the leaves in thin coating of sulfur particles. Those particles stick to the leaves and change the pH of the leaves making it an less than hospitable home.

You speak of its ability vs PM.....which it is very good at preventing PM, not so much in treating PM. Other products will treat it better if your plant has it. Doing the burns coats the leaves which prevents the PM spores from being able to land on and live. If the spores are already in your plant, its not overly efficient at treating the PM. H2O2 is better at treating PM than sulfur burns are....but thats just my opinion.

@bobrown14 can share his experiences since he started doing the burns as well. He's another convert. Personally, it sounds like you might have been doing the burns incorrectly or with less than pure sulfur. I will not stop doing them....the proof is in the plants.

Can't say I agree.....but we all have our experiences. Were you burning as close to 100% pure sulfur as possible? Pure sulfur is odorless. Its when the impurities get in that the smell goes up. If you use 99% or higher pure sulfur, the smells aren't bad at all (to our household including the Ms) and there isn't a taste on the buds....at least with the sulfur I burn. And it isn't harsh on the plants at all. The plants love the burns if its done with the right stuff. Here are a few pics from plants today.....they are from my veg tent. I did burns on half of them last night and I'm doing a burn on the other half tonight.

Sour Cherries

Durban Poison

Super Lemon Haze

All three of those got a 3 hour burn last night

Here are the other two plants in the veg tent that didn't get the burns....notice the color difference

8-Ball Kush

Golden Tiger

Every burn I do, the plants come out praying and they all have that bright green new growth to them. And one other thing...your comment that sulfur is toxic is incorrect. Here's a little exert on it.....please understand the differences between pure sulfur and other sulfur derivatives.

Elemental sulphur is not toxic, but many simple sulphur derivates are, such as sulphur dioxide (SO2) and hydrogen sulfide. Sulfur can be found commonly in nature as sulphides.
This is the sulfur i use but only preventive now and it is for no doubt you will taste it in your pot if you use it 50 days in flower imo ive use it in flower like 3 weeks in and it still shows up. This is my vege and flower rooms i used sulfur in. I used the sulfur as recommended and it doesnt recommend but i believe 3k square feet. Most rooms are probally 200 square feet or smaller. So its not recommended in a house . That sulfur vapor smells horrible. Im no professional for certain but i just cant see how your burning sulfur and it doesnt smell? Are you using a different type of sulfur? The 1 i have ive reviewed from numerous hydro stores as the recommended and 60% of their sales are from big 502s here in wa state where its legal. That stuff stinks can i see the type of sulfur your burning? If you burn it in your home or whereever anythings at . It will leave residue all over everything and that residue stinks too.

Attachments

• 15955259688194972689781244090055.jpg
    15955259688194972689781244090055.jpg
    653.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 1595525987960192138346954385833.jpg
    1595525987960192138346954385833.jpg
    838.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 15955260170714368195660606311312.jpg
    15955260170714368195660606311312.jpg
    911.9 KB · Views: 30
This is the sulfur i use but only preventive now and it is for no doubt you will taste it in your pot if you use it 50 days in flower imo ive use it in flower like 3 weeks in and it still shows up. This is my vege and flower rooms i used sulfur in. I used the sulfur as recommended and it doesnt recommend but i believe 3k square feet. Most rooms are probally 200 square feet or smaller. So its not recommended in a house . That sulfur vapor smells horrible. Im no professional for certain but i just cant see how your burning sulfur and it doesnt smell? Are you using a different type of sulfur? The 1 i have ive reviewed from numerous hydro stores as the recommended and 60% of their sales are from big 502s here in wa state where its legal. That stuff stinks can i see the type of sulfur your burning? If you burn it in your home or whereever anythings at . It will leave residue all over everything and that residue stinks too.
I am wondering if it's because it is soil sulfur even though it 99%? Just a guess

I am wondering if it's because it is soil sulfur even though it 99%? Just a guess
I have no idea i wanna know what sulfur i can use that doesnt smell. I mean im sure i got the right sulfur but it burns my plants for weeks and i follow the directions to keep lights off etc and air out. That stuff is great for preventative. I had a pm problem that i didnt want coming back but i had a dirt piece of ducting with a bug net on it and i believe the bug net was the culprit as it being outside i never cleaned it hehe. So i collect fresh air from another room and i put those plants through the ringer and got no mold or what not. Had some kind of pest i thought was thrips but i used some mammoth bio control and they havent came back. Dunno if it was a bug problem i just seen some white bug on a leaf and it was full on warfare if you can use some odorless sulfur for pests im all in but the stuff im using definately smells like mustard gas and if you even get a breath of it , it will cause you to cough instantly all bad lol..

I have no idea i wanna know what sulfur i can use that doesnt smell. I mean im sure i got the right sulfur but it burns my plants for weeks and i follow the directions to keep lights off etc and air out. That stuff is great for preventative. I had a pm problem that i didnt want coming back but i had a dirt piece of ducting with a bug net on it and i believe the bug net was the culprit as it being outside i never cleaned it hehe. So i collect fresh air from another room and i put those plants through the ringer and got no mold or what not. Had some kind of pest i thought was thrips but i used some mammoth bio control and they havent came back. Dunno if it was a bug problem i just seen some white bug on a leaf and it was full on warfare if you can use some odorless sulfur for pests im all in but the stuff im using definately smells like mustard gas and if you even get a breath of it , it will cause you to cough instantly all bad lol..
I hear varying opinions on the stinkiness of sulfur burns. Some members absolutely abhor the smell. Others, like myself and @bobrown14 don't think its bad at all. Hell the Serenade that I was spraying to battle PM stunk worse to me than the sulfur burns do. Now, understand, I do my burns in my tents in my basement. There is minor scent of sulfur in the basement when I am doing the burns, but my dogs farts are far worse than the sulfur burns. Hell...my farts are worse LOL.

It could all be the person's personal smell abilities. Some people got hella sensitive noses....maybe to them it smell worse than to us nose-blind people.

Are you running a humidifier in your room when you do the the burns? The RH should be as high as you can get it....99% is perfect.

I was just looking on zon they have some 99.9% sulphur.

Thats the shit you want!! Thats the shit I got LOL

very well could be......get the elemental sulfur....99.9% pure variety.....thats the good stuff!

I hear varying opinions on the stinkiness of sulfur burns. Some members absolutely abhor the smell. Others, like myself and @bobrown14 don't think its bad at all. Hell the Serenade that I was spraying to battle PM stunk worse to me than the sulfur burns do. Now, understand, I do my burns in my tents in my basement. There is minor scent of sulfur in the basement when I am doing the burns, but my dogs farts are far worse than the sulfur burns. Hell...my farts are worse LOL.

It could all be the person's personal smell abilities. Some people got hella sensitive noses....maybe to them it smell worse than to us nose-blind people.

Are you running a humidifier in your room when you do the the burns? The RH should be as high as you can get it....99% is perfect.
No i just burned as recommended. Ever since about 2012 i was hearing about sulfur from massive forums etc like here and i was led to believe sulfur burning was the best you can do for pm. But google says its good for pests too i even think i recall 1 time that this hydro supply chain owner mentioned it may have some helpful pest benefits but way more towards combating powdery mildew. Since i live in a legal state and i dont grow often from seed ill buy my clones from a nursery so i dont tun into problems. My rooms are very clean actually new construction and like i mentioned i think the biggest leap i figure was taking fresh air from a seprate room. Cause its so easy to get moisture build up and dust in your ducting from condensation from constantly sucking outside air in that eventualy it will mold, well here in the states. Only thing i know for a fact that will work is discarding every plant in that room and disenfecting and sterilizing everything basically. Then burn sulfur.. because that sulfur is more towards the vapor that can get into every crack or crevice in your grow area. But if your in a place where its not legal and its real hard to get acess to clones or seeds or what not. You have no choice really imo. Im impatient though.

Hell...now that I am thinking about it....I wonder if thats why You say your burns are burning your plants.....soil sulfur. I wouldn't use that anymore if I was you Corinth. I have never heard anyone else ever have a bad plant experience from sulfur burns.....unless they burned it too hot!! What temp are you doing your burns at? At boiling point, it stops being sulfur and becomes sulfur dioxide or something else. So when you do your burns....it needs to be done below the boiling point but above the melting point.

My guess is the bad stuff you had happen is because its either the wrong type of sulfur or because it was burned to hot.

I am glad I culled out everything. I'm not going through dealing with hemp mites. Spider mites are a breeze. Hemp mites are something else.

I was getting bored AF and cracking seeds to liven things up already. The mites just forced my decision to reset. I'll start from seed with a month break so hopefully it will be ok to fire back up. I bleached down everything possible and tossed lots of the small stuff that had lots of miles on it. I'll replace stuff like prefilter sleeves on carbon filters, flex lines on fans, pipe cleaners. Perishable items. Will be a nice overhaul for the garden :D

Back
Top Bottom