Dank's Dastardly Disaster: Mi, 2019

BLDankula

So, the state of Michigan has legalized... And I found myself suddenly wondering why not go to some grow shops and start asking questions. I did that, and it was a little before I found the forums here, but it seemed to me growing MJ was awfully damn expensive. I went back home a little discouraged and decided to look at building myself a growing space in house. After mentally pricing that out, I went online and found just what I wanted. Nothing too big, nothing too little, so I settled on a 3x3x5 tent. I'm already wishing I had gone larger... My journey started 12/16/18

3x3x63" tent
Charcoal filteration & Blower
600w LED with Bloom & Flower switches
Grow Bags
Royal Gold Turpur soil mix
AN's Micro, Grow, Bloom
CalMag
Root Riot plugs
CloneX Gel

Because I'm a dork and I like to peek at things without opening the tent, or check my temps remotely, I installed an IP camera that I can adjust the height, as the plants grow.

Also because I'm a dork and I love automation, I put in a small water pump & airstone. I've got the small drip system running for five minutes every twelve hours. I'm going to run it like that a few days and see if it's too much, too little?

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

I've never done this before, so it's all new for me. I did almost hit one fatal snag... My stepdad was having heart issues and I took off to Texas for 8 days with hastily given instructions to my wife/overseer unit. She was able to water our plants twice, but they got a little dry while I was gone. Also, I forgot to mix her up nutes in advance, so she was giving pure water without either of us knowing the PH (something the AR MGB seems to take care of on its own.)

In the lineup, I've got Mendo Mookie, Godfather Og, and Knockout Og. I've cut clones off each of them the past couple days and I'm amazed at how quickly they (the clones) recovered and are holding themselves up, loud and proud! Those three little clones will be going bubye as a gift to somebody in need (who is hopefully a better gardener than me), so I can make room for some high CBD strains. I'm going to be ordering some Master Hemp from Seedsman when my Coinbase finishes verifying my deposit and I've ordered some Northern Lights Auto from a company in California.

I sit on a little bit of property here, and although I am a good veggie gardener, my indoor semi-hydro endeavors are a little disastrous so far. I might look into what it takes to grow outside. I have a four-year-old Hugelculture bed on the north side of one of the fields, away from all eyes. I might try to grow some of Master Hemp and Northern Lights outside. Still, lots to learn, and thanks for watching/reading my ramble.

Looks like the party is just getting started welcome to :420:. At this early stay I would just run the exhaust fan without the carbon filter attached, this will extend the life of the filter and you don't really need it until you start flowering. Also try to get your rh higher, environment is pretty important. Seedsman is a legit seed bank always had good success when ordering through them and no issues germinating. :ciao:

I'm running a cool air humidifier and a vicks steam vaporizer up here to try to get the humidity up. It's in the Teens without those :/ I do have a tray of water in there half full with sponges to wick the water up where the fan blows gently across it.

On the filter-- I was running without it, but it started smelling some. Nothing horrible, but I put the filter on and nobody notices the smell anymore. Since I put the tent in my home office, traffic up here is low. My kid-proofing has worked, except they love to play my Xbox when I'm trying to work!!!

I'm sort of thinking I'll use the tent for the fall/winter months when I won't have to run the window shaker AC, and grow everything else outside when the fear of frost is over?

If you have a speed controller on the exhaust fan you could try and slow it down so it doesn't exchange air as fast learner, might help.

Growing outside isn't an option for me but I know there is a group of MI people here who have outdoor crops.

If you have a speed controller on the exhaust fan you could try and slow it down so it doesn't exchange air as fast learner, might help.

Growing outside isn't an option for me but I know there is a group of MI people here who have outdoor crops.

I went to my grow shop today to see about a controller. They were out, but would have one for me soon.

I also did some math. I've got about eight weeks until I'm going to be gone for a good twelve days. I was going to wait a little longer in veg, but decided to flip to 12/12. I've taken clones from the three strains I've got going to gift to a buddy, and they seem to be doing well.

I also played around with my light and the way it attaches to give me more room in the tent. Setting everything up, I've got the filter, the fan and a chunk of ducting inside the tent. If the plants triple in size during flowering, I'll need to almost hang the lights off the top supports. I'll move the ducting next grow.

My hopes are to harvest the last week before I go and let things hang and dry out until I come back, or do my flushing while I'm gone and harvest when I come back. The timing doesn't work out any other way that I can think of.

scrog.jpg

I think in the next day or two I'm going to build a more solid frame for the netting and get it put in. Dunno. :bongrip:

One of my clones is suddenly shriveling up. It gives me the sads. I hope it pulls through. In other news, I checked on my plants this morning and as I shifted a pot around to get things lined up while I still can, I noticed the cloth pots were suddenly very light.

I've been on the automatic watering for a few days now and the plants seem to like it better than my guessing method, but I've upped my watering/feeding to three times a day.

I use Advanced Nutrients Micro/Grow/Bloom and have been on the 2ml per L for a little bit. Soon I'm going up to the 4ml per L next week, provided I don't fry my plants.

As of today, I added two more gallons into the brew bucket with nutes and upped the watering to four times a day for five minutes. The pots were fine for a couple of days, but today they felt really light. The little water pump I got with the timer is pretty neat. I set it for the max of five minutes and then figure out how many hours apart I want to water.

The girls seem thirsty, so I'm obliging them. I can see the effects of daily growth now. Sanday morning I got up to see things above the netting. Way above. I've been pushing stuff back down and into the netting to spread it out, and it's responding well. I'm also tucking fan leaves under new growth slightly like I've seen people do for autos. I hope it helps and not hurts. Fist timer here :D

Oh, and the pic from Thurs to today was pretty awesome for me to see coming back to the journal since I don't keep them in case the kiddos are playing with my phone and ask... "What's that?" lol.
50227112_2223821064509549_4339673868282101760_n.jpg

Welcome from the mitten as well!! Everything is looking good so far, I love seeing new growers from our beautiful state!! Keep up the hard work bro!

Thanks OS! Howdy! I was a little surprised to see the legalization go through. Now I just hope the DEA re-schedules things. I like to hunt, and don't want to run afoul of the federales :cool:

OH OH OH! I forgot to mention... I got my care package from a friend with some seeds and my northern lights autos came in over the weekend also! My plan is to run the autos after I get back in late feb / early march, and then about in April start the high cbd strain to go outside. How cold hardy is MJ? Is it good like planting bush beans / snow peas, or is it more like 'maters and you have to really wait until the threat of frost is gone completely?

I
Thanks OS! Howdy! I was a little surprised to see the legalization go through. Now I just hope the DEA re-schedules things. I like to hunt, and don't want to run afoul of the federales :cool:
Im with you there bro, Im a very avid hunter and fisherman. Its about all there is to do out where I'm at.

Im with you there bro, Im a very avid hunter and fisherman. Its about all there is to do out where I'm at.
Same :D
I am usually mid-state when not traveling, but when we go to the summer place, that's about all there is to do (that I like). Either hit the water, deal with Charlevoix tourists, or hunt and fish. I prefer to hunt and fish.

OH OH OH! I forgot to mention... I got my care package from a friend with some seeds and my northern lights autos came in over the weekend also! My plan is to run the autos after I get back in late feb / early march, and then about in April start the high cbd strain to go outside. How cold hardy is MJ? Is it good like planting bush beans / snow peas, or is it more like 'maters and you have to really wait until the threat of frost is gone completely?

Depends on the strain. Some come from colder/mountains regions naturally and can handle the cold.

I

Same here

The stretch... she's alive... she's alive!!!! The God Og I topped is spreading out. If I let it, it could fill half the bottom of the tent at this point. I'm going to let the scrog go and train as much as I can, then put another level up soon.
q1.jpg
q2.jpg

...and I might have a problem lol. My coinbase finally approved my deposit so I could use the bitcoin I bought. I've been waiting to order Master Hemp from Seedsman. So I've got seeds from out west, blueberry cookies, some ringo's gift, I already have the Northern Lights Auto Fem's, and I've ordered now and have got Master Hemp fem's, and got two other varieties for free, plus a bitcoin bundle of something on the way.

I just realized I have enough seeds now. Or do I.... ? muahahahahahahahaha I might have a problem developing here.

...and I might have a problem lol. My coinbase finally approved my deposit so I could use the bitcoin I bought. I've been waiting to order Master Hemp from Seedsman. So I've got seeds from out west, blueberry cookies, some ringo's gift, I already have the Northern Lights Auto Fem's, and I've ordered now and have got Master Hemp fem's, and got two other varieties for free, plus a bitcoin bundle of something on the way.

I just realized I have enough seeds now. Or do I.... ? muahahahahahahahaha I might have a problem developing here.

It turns into quite a hobby. There's more than a couple members here who have said they have far more strains than they'll ever run.

Back
Top Bottom