Dank's Quest For Dankness

Thanks fellas :D
I'm excited to get some fresh smoke.
#7 is still in the running for my Chernobyl leaning keeper. It's not the best yielder but it's a nice plant. It's clone is a beast. The bowl is the test

I'm hoping for a solid 24k leaning keeper too. Probably another week to start chopping those

Looking Dank around here! Very sparkly ladies Dankman.

How's the hunting been? My dad and brother took 2 does to finish filling the freezer opening morning of muzzleloader on Saturday. Those 2 plus the 4 the rest of the family got during rifle hunting means I get to raid the freezer for venison when I come home to visit for Xmas.

Looking Dank around here! Very sparkly ladies Dankman.

How's the hunting been? My dad and brother took 2 does to finish filling the freezer opening morning of muzzleloader on Saturday. Those 2 plus the 4 the rest of the family got during rifle hunting means I get to raid the freezer for venison when I come home to visit for Xmas.
Took the early doe. Nothing since. Season is bout over. But I'm great ful for the one I have in the freezer. Plenty of venison for us two.
Thanks for the compliment on my garden too. I don't grow tree's but I'm happy for the one's I get to smoke

The end of the rut is always the hard, usually freezing cold too. The full moon isn't going to help much either.

I bought my lifetime license before leaving MN and now I usually go back for muzzleloader because it starts the Saturday after Thanksgiving. All I usually see is fawns and yearlings grouped up from getting shot at from the 2 weeks of rifle hunting before.

You've got that right. Everything down here is public land, not too many hunters but a lot of out of state-ers hunting elk and pronghorn. Dove hunting is the only time you'll get peppered with bird shot on public land down here. Haha too many damn people everywhere.
How's the pronghorn meat? Is it tough like a goat?
I'd absolutely love to hunt those

How's the pronghorn meat? Is it tough like a goat?
I'd absolutely love to hunt those
Never had a chance to hunt the area and season I want. I know the deer taste like crap down in the desert brush and cactus. The pronghorn are up a little higher in elevation and have more grass to eat, still probably a little gamey I bet.

I've been building up my draw points for both elk and pronghorn. I think for this spring's draw I'll try for the fall elk hunt and the following year for pronghorn. I've been too busy the last 5 years to find the time to go scouting for a few weekends and then hunting for a week.

...I'm just a wee bit north of Mn. and we do things differently...primitive weapons open a month before gun season...that's when we use start to hunt moose...hit one once with a crossbow...tracked that bugger for hours till the blood trail stopped, and ended up almost exactly the same spot we called him to...the last 5 or 6 year's it's just been deer hunting, and I go to town to hunt...lolool...they opened a bow only season to cull the #'s, because of vehicle collisions...my sister and brother in law have a friend with 130 acres of bush less than 10 minutes from their place, that has produced at least 2 nice bucks a season, and one record...
...No hunting this year...anticipating being grounded from our 3 month sojourn south, we froze a shit ton more veggies than usual, so no freezer room(2 small and 1 upright)...gonna' be tight to stretch the venison till next fall, but I still have a bag of trim and a few round roasts to make up a batch of cheddar/jalapeno smokies, that should work...
...hehe...opening gun season for moose we always hunted from a canoe on a river with private land access...hunting crown land was a gong show...not safe to drive a brown truck, let alone get out of it!... :eek: :D:rofl:...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...

...I'm just a wee bit north of Mn. and we do things differently...primitive weapons open a month before gun season...that's when we use start to hunt moose...hit one once with a crossbow...tracked that bugger for hours till the blood trail stopped, and ended up almost exactly the same spot we called him to...the last 5 or 6 year's it's just been deer hunting, and I go to town to hunt...lolool...they opened a bow only season to cull the #'s, because of vehicle collisions...my sister and brother in law have a friend with 130 acres of bush less than 10 minutes from their place, that has produced at least 2 nice bucks a season, and one record...
...No hunting this year...anticipating being grounded from our 3 month sojourn south, we froze a shit ton more veggies than usual, so no freezer room(2 small and 1 upright)...gonna' be tight to stretch the venison till next fall, but I still have a bag of trim and a few round roasts to make up a batch of cheddar/jalapeno smokies, that should work...
...hehe...opening gun season for moose we always hunted from a canoe on a river with private land access...hunting crown land was a gong show...not safe to drive a brown truck, let alone get out of it!... :eek: :D:rofl:...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...
Sounds like a good time hunting where you are. Hopefully you are having a good day brother :D

Old mexico will be there next winter. It'll be better than ever

Hi Dank. All you other stoneders. Man this thread is making me hongry! I miss the north every fall and spring, haha! Always! Never tasted prong, would love to. Musk ox is the best. At a Potlatch one fall I ate various fowl, moose, caribou, black bear, dall sheep and salmon! Not to mention berries in abundance! People hunt chukar, quail and deer here but,like local fishing, I've been spoiled rotten.
Love and respect to all. Oh yeah , I'm...
20201202_081915.jpg

Back
Top Bottom