Dank's Quest For Dankness

It's a little behind Cali as far as skill level probably. Cali has been in the game longer. I consider myself one of the better growers in my area. Only because others around here are so bad, lol. I'll stop by your new journal brother. Looking forward to seeing your new grow :D
Hey dank i took your advice and i started just using plain water now for a flush. How long i see the leaves turning yellow lil bit i just watered twice since a week now. Will they still go through that plump stage? And also should i do a major flush 2 weeks b4 i chop. I imagine they have another 3 weeks to go so im just using plain water now. Any advice bro.. i plan on drying least 3 weeks and im questioning if i should start using boveda 58s instead of the 62s. When i finally do get them down to least 62 rh in jar. Im not smokin right now but these are all new strains for me so im trying to use a better dry cure method well maybe just a longer dry.

Hey @corinth I usually use water only for last 10 - 14 days when I am using bottled nutes. When I am running super soil I use water only for the whole bloom cycle. The 62 or 58 packs are really just preference. I like to get them down to 62 for a cure. Then I will use 58's for the one's I'm smoking one the most. Sometimes with 62's joint's don't seem to burn as well. Again really just preference tho.

I am pretty buzzed and don't remember. But you are growing in soil, right?

Hey @corinth I usually use water only for last 10 - 14 days when I am using bottled nutes. When I am running super soil I use water only for the whole bloom cycle. The 62 or 58 packs are really just preference. I like to get them down to 62 for a cure. Then I will use 58's for the one's I'm smoking one the most. Sometimes with 62's joint's don't seem to burn as well. Again really just preference tho.

Ahh. So my hairs arent all red yet probally in a few days i bet . And i know thats not a perfect way to judge when its ready but, if my leaves are already turning yellow and they go through that plump stage near the end, is not using nutes gonna effect the flowers though? It looks like there still growing just kinda bigger then what im use to growing i wonder though if itll effect the overall health etc. Ya i need to get my flowers down they like to spike high in the 60s when jarred so im gonna try to dry em a bit longer the smell kinda fades not hay but only the ak kept its smell on point but all of em kinda have the same smell after curing for awhile in jars. I think i just need to just hang dry em longer. The smoke was pretty strong but with that boveda pack it started to shift later i swear i still tasted nutes. Not quite as much but. I notice when their 1st trimmed its an amazing smell. Maybe that excess moisture is spoiling it as it cures so longer dry required.

Ahh. So my hairs arent all red yet probally in a few days i bet . And i know thats not a perfect way to judge when its ready but, if my leaves are already turning yellow and they go through that plump stage near the end, is not using nutes gonna effect the flowers though? It looks like there still growing just kinda bigger then what im use to growing i wonder though if itll effect the overall health etc. Ya i need to get my flowers down they like to spike high in the 60s when jarred so im gonna try to dry em a bit longer the smell kinda fades not hay but only the ak kept its smell on point but all of em kinda have the same smell after curing for awhile in jars. I think i just need to just hang dry em longer. The smoke was pretty strong but with that boveda pack it started to shift later i swear i still tasted nutes. Not quite as much but. I notice when their 1st trimmed its an amazing smell. Maybe that excess moisture is spoiling it as it cures so longer dry required.
I usually go by the trichs to determine ripeness. I like a small amount of amber, but not covered. Mostly cloudy with 10 % amber is the window I prefer. Also if it's just looking finished. Some plants keep popping white hairs. The smell will come back after a good cure. I personally try to cure for 2 months. It really brings out flavor and gets rid of the hay smell. As far as the flush it's been a conversation forever. Some flush, some feed to the end. Before you decide to go with either as a s.o.p I'd try both to come to your own opinion. My way of thinking about it is soil is a buffer that holds food even when I start water only. So I'm not sure if water only makes a difference. But I like to think it helps. Plus I feel like I'm not wasting ferts at that point

Here's the Atomic gold lemon cleaner pheno. It was chopped 10 days earlier than the other 2. Also the only one with the lemon cleaner smell. I'm down to few nugs of this pheno. Hopefully I'll get it back with the pheno hunt. No flash no filter pic's. Hopefully everyone is having a good day :D

Here's the Atomic gold lemon cleaner pheno. It was chopped 10 days earlier than the other 2. Also the only one with the lemon cleaner smell. I'm down to few nugs of this pheno. Hopefully I'll get it back with the pheno hunt. No flash no filter pic's. Hopefully everyone is having a good day :D

I’m drooling over here

Promix with advanced nutrients 3 part with most of their additives.

Thanks sticky :D If I can just get that pheno back I'll be a happy MF. Hopefully you are having a good morning. Humidity is high here this weekend. Think I might be stuck in AC a lot
Hey dank , so im curious about i remember i think old smokey mentioning to you about going from using 3 gallon pots to a 5 gallon pot in flower for an extra better flowering cycle. Now i been recently transferring from red dixie cup clones straight to a 3 gallon pot of promix right during the beggining of flower. So soon as i transfer my new clone from dixie cup to 3 gallon pot its on 12 12 . There only about 1 ft tall and small af but, im getting awesome results from those 3 gallon pots like this way. Now if i was to do everything exactly the same except transferring to a 3 gallon pot and going straigjt from dixie cup to 5 gallon pot would i see bigger buds ? Or just more buds? I try for 6 or 7 tops now instead of a buncha larfy tops. These strains are all growing like gg4 all dense and hashy hardly any leaves now and they spectafular to me. What would those 5 gallon pots do that the 3 gallon pots wouldnt? Im not vegging the plants at all basically only a week or so to get em use to the promix . What would happen bro? Should i stick with the 3 gallon pots? Ive never grown these kinda strains before. The platnum yeti is growing humongous buds . And the others are like frosty white colored buds with dark red hairs , some hairs are still white but it just happened this week turning colors etc. All buds this time i think . Been working alot so i just have time to water n feed. Used some bud candy for the 1st time on my last feeding about 2 weeks ago. I kinda wanna just water with just water for 1 more week and probally flush for just 1 week. Juggernauts leaves turning yellow now others still seem uneffected but im wondering if i shoulda fed for 1 more week . Im not gonna feed now im tempted but those buds look great already and i want them to be clean af. Bud candy is supposibeky a sweetener that you use all during flowering cycle but i just got 1 feeding of it in , new nutrient im using now with the others. What are your thoughts brother.

@corinth I've never used promix. I usually veg in #1's then up pot and flip. If you're having good results with #3's then #5's probably would be better. You must be getting pretty good sized plants in Solo's
Yea there about 1 ft in the solos . Takes about a week or so after the auto cloners throigh with them. Then straight to 3 gal. It just seems more fluent . Ill experiment with a few next time see how it goes.

Hey dank , so im curious about i remember i think old smokey mentioning to you about going from using 3 gallon pots to a 5 gallon pot in flower for an extra better flowering cycle. Now i been recently transferring from red dixie cup clones straight to a 3 gallon pot of promix right during the beggining of flower. So soon as i transfer my new clone from dixie cup to 3 gallon pot its on 12 12 . There only about 1 ft tall and small af but, im getting awesome results from those 3 gallon pots like this way. Now if i was to do everything exactly the same except transferring to a 3 gallon pot and going straigjt from dixie cup to 5 gallon pot would i see bigger buds ? Or just more buds? I try for 6 or 7 tops now instead of a buncha larfy tops. These strains are all growing like gg4 all dense and hashy hardly any leaves now and they spectafular to me. What would those 5 gallon pots do that the 3 gallon pots wouldnt? Im not vegging the plants at all basically only a week or so to get em use to the promix . What would happen bro? Should i stick with the 3 gallon pots? Ive never grown these kinda strains before. The platnum yeti is growing humongous buds . And the others are like frosty white colored buds with dark red hairs , some hairs are still white but it just happened this week turning colors etc. All buds this time i think . Been working alot so i just have time to water n feed. Used some bud candy for the 1st time on my last feeding about 2 weeks ago. I kinda wanna just water with just water for 1 more week and probally flush for just 1 week. Juggernauts leaves turning yellow now others still seem uneffected but im wondering if i shoulda fed for 1 more week . Im not gonna feed now im tempted but those buds look great already and i want them to be clean af. Bud candy is supposibeky a sweetener that you use all during flowering cycle but i just got 1 feeding of it in , new nutrient im using now with the others. What are your thoughts brother.
Maybe next time try some bigger pots and see what you like best.

Back
Top Bottom