DankWolf's Den Of The Bizarre & Obscure

Holy..!!! Is this yours? Thats interestingly pretty to say the least.

I think you got the idea, just imagine a bunch of mini leds individually hanging inbetween sugar leaves encasing each cola. Feasible with not burning, and to build or buy X amount of buddeliers worth it? like i said crazy ideas in my head:laughtwo:

100% not mine! I just went and snatched it from the net.
I read once a guy in here growing with Christmas lights.
In a month or so where I live there will be mountains of LED string lights everywhere- the dump, thrift store, and ditches will be overflowing with free lights. A screen cylinder, wound around the inside with a few Christmas light strings, maybe something would grow in there.? Would look very festive too. Not quite your idea but sounds...easy. I'll try it sometime, when it's free lights season.

That is a rotogro. Add dot com to it for more info.

Available on our Model 420 line only.
:wood:

Very nice looking, fully automated machine they have there..
+reps rifleman.
Is this something youre dreaming about owning?

..........Very nice looking, fully automated machine they have there..
+reps rifleman.
Is this something youre dreaming about owning?

Never. I see way too many opportunities to screw it up there. Not to mention the shear size. I'd have to build a pole barn to house it. :biglaugh:

Kind of like a reverse of the vertical scrog idea, but less work. I bet it would make for a very fat and healthy looking bud.
image35394.jpg

That looks like a version of a Star Wars lightsaber. How cool izzat??

:thumb:

I've always wanted to try grafting. This thread might be the push I needed. LOL

I found a little clip on the net with a method worth pondering:

Grafting

Grafting of Cannabis is very simple. Several seedlings can be grafted together into one to produce very interesting specimen plants. One procedure starts by planting one seed ling each of several separate strains close together in the same container, placing the stock (root plant) for the cross in the center of the rest. When the seedlings are four weeks old they are ready to be grafted. A diagonal cut is made approximately half-way through the stock stem and one of the scion (shoot) seedlings at the same level. The cut portions are slipped together such that the inner cut surfaces are touching. The joints are held with a fold of cellophane tape. A second scion from an adjacent seedling may be grafted to the stock higher up the stem. After two weeks, the unwanted portions of the grafts are cut away. Eight to twelve weeks are needed to complete the graft, and the plants are maintained in a mild environment at all times. As the graft takes, and the plant begins to grow, the tape falls off.

You know when I'm going to try this idea, next time I back my butt into a plant and knock off a branch, I'll see if I can graft on an artificial limb :rofl:

I tend to break branches most in the flower room (no chairs and wide hallway like the veg room) so I could probably do a graft and then, if it takes, reveg leaving just the graft. Maybe then I'd have a successful reveg (0 for 2 so far.)

You know when I'm going to try this idea, next time I back my butt into a plant and knock off a branch, I'll see if I can graft on an artificial limb :rofl:

I tend to break branches most in the flower room (no chairs and wide hallway like the veg room) so I could probably do a graft and then, if it takes, reveg leaving just the graft. Maybe then I'd have a successful reveg (0 for 2 so far.)

That is so sad......but way more funny...:rofl::rofl:
(sorry)

:biglaugh:That should be a nice, welcomed addition to the compost:thanks:
Ive searched round here, came up empty. We used to have 3 every winter but they moved on i guess..

Also..no big rush on my account, get home, kick ur shoes off, sit! Smell the flowers!

Cool idea for a thread! Keen to see how most if not all of your ideas play out.

Especially keen to see if the power tower is effective. Would also love to see the GOG attempted.

Had a very brief think about it just then and can't see why a poly carbonate sheet with some small vents of some sort cut/drilled into it wouldn't work. If it was coated in a protective layer to prevent scratching and a transparent hygrophobic layer underneath to prevent water clinging. As long as there was an oscillating fan under the GOG I reckon the moisture would be dried up/evaporated?

This gave me the though that if it was possible to design one of the Polycarbonate diffusers used for fluorescent lights with minimal loss in intensity then one could potentially use a high intensity LED to cover a much bigger area (although could be some issues with degradation if IR spectrum is involved)

Cool idea for a thread! Keen to see how most if not all of your ideas play out.

Especially keen to see if the power tower is effective. Would also love to see the GOG attempted.

Had a very brief think about it just then and can't see why a poly carbonate sheet with some small vents of some sort cut/drilled into it wouldn't work. If it was coated in a protective layer to prevent scratching and a transparent hygrophobic layer underneath to prevent water clinging. As long as there was an oscillating fan under the GOG I reckon the moisture would be dried up/evaporated?

This gave me the though that if it was possible to design one of the Polycarbonate diffusers used for fluorescent lights with minimal loss in intensity then one could potentially use a high intensity LED to cover a much bigger area (although could be some issues with degradation if IR spectrum is involved)

What about a standard suspended ceiling with all flourescent light panels?
New suspended ceiling parts are expensive, but if you can find a renovation project or get lucky at The Restore .....

What about a standard suspended ceiling with all flourescent light panels?
New suspended ceiling parts are expensive, but if you can find a renovation project or get lucky at The Restore .....

Do you mean as in replacing the GOG and light and having the plants grow horizontal along the suspended ceiling which acts as the GOG and has lights contained in it? If so I could see that causing so bad issues with moisture, for both plants and electrical if the panels weren't perfectly water tight.
But maybe there are some transparent suspended ceiling panels which could be suitable as the GOG

Back
Top Bottom