Danny Marijuana Seed.

Danieljw1984

In the area where i picked and pruned my buds last year, there are now hundreds of little plants growin. My quesiton is this. Where i live it freezes zone 5 and the seeds obviously survived teh winter being on the ground. Does this mean that the seeds are a possible cross breed with local hemp or can seeds of real MJ, good mj, survive a snowy cold winter. And.. If they can then how come good strains of MJ don't grow in patches that just come up each year on there own and then spread throughut the land on there own.

sounds like you might have had a male among your last crop. Either that or you had a hermaphrodite in there. Birds can spread seed, as can any animal that ingests it then passes it as manure. So many seedlings though does not sound like critters. Did you check for males or hermies last year? Did you have any seeds in the weed you cropped last year. Your answer is there for you - just go back and review last year's effort.

It sounds like they might be able to. You should let some of these plants grow out and see how they turn out. You could try letting your next harvest goto seed and then spread the seeds over a larger area, perhaps you could start overgrowing your part of the world.

Where in the world are you?

It's an annual seed plant and therefore genetically set up to shed it's hundreds or thousands of seeds in the fall to grow in the spring. They are also genetically set to cross breed to the most survivable state of being, not the most potent smoke possible. That's why the seeds from good MJ breeders are so expensive...it takes ALOT of work to get the good smoke out of them.

They're weeds...and yes they would spread and grow on their own if "man" would leave them alone. Why do you think the government spends so much on ditch weed eradication every year?

Yeah, I suppose. It'd be more effective to do a couple seed harvests and collect several tens of thousands of seeds and then just spread them far and wide. Make it so theres just so many they could spend every day pulling them out and not get them all. Maybe If all outdoor growers did a co-ordinated seed harvest and spread it'd work.

Thats what I am thinkin. The cops obviously keep up with the ditch weed irtradictaion effort here. Haha there should be a spread your seed outside day and maybe we could start a new wave of naturally growing good herb. Around the illinois country here atleast the cops are much more worrie about meth and labs then they ar eon hemp or mj plants. so its all good for us gardeners.

Back
Top Bottom