DannyMothers' 1000W Aeroponics VSCROG - 1st Grow

Plant 3, seems to be speeding up a bit with the new feeding schedule.
IMG_17975.jpg
IMG_17995.jpg

Plant 2, still hangin' on:
IMG_17983.jpg

The first day after the slower feeding schedule there was a big improvement. The next day they started looking droopy again so I added 15m downtime, bringing it to 15m every 1.25 hours. My current opinion is they're still droopy and slow, so I've slowed the feeding by 15 more minutes, to 15m every 1.5 hours. Opinions?

IMG_18063.JPG

One way or another I don't believe this system is going to work out. The plants just seem to progress too slowly across the board. At 30 days every plant I've seen in an online grow journal is 4 times the size of #3 in my grow. I don't see anything wrong here except it's just not working. I'm about ready to move to a more typical system. If anybody has any test requests for me or suggestions on getting this ship to float, I'd certainly like to hear them. I'm sure I'd like more than anybody to see it work out. Thanks!

Edit: Two things I haven't been doing right, come to think of it. I'll give it a little more time. I just realized I have no oscillating fans in there, and that I've been using tap water not RO, so my PPMs are probably stupid. I've known both these things all along, I wonder what could've caused me to forget! Hmmmm... now what was it I was going to do? :lot-o-toke: Right, RO water. I'll give 'em another week with the new provisions.

Sadly, I've decided to discontinue this grow. It's been a fun experience, and I've learned plenty. Basically I've used it as a pet project while I learn by reading other people's experiences and Greg Green & Ed Rosenthol's books. It's my belief that my problem with the grow is I can't get the timing accurate enough for the fog. In HPA systems I've seen that the timing is down to the second. With a 15m timer (and ultrasonic, I'd water) I won't get the kind of accuracy I need for a legit Aero grow. I ran the feeding long and hard last night, about an hour straight. Today the big plant is looking very, very spry. Much like most people's plants at 7 or 8 days. The big difference is the newer leaves are up and pointing up nice and perky. I'm pretty sure that what I did with that feeding burst is turn the system into some kind of weird hybrid DWC/soil nonsense feeding schedule. Long story short, it's not true aero on that kind of timing because the roots are getting spritzed to the point of soaking by the time the feeding is complete. Starting tonight, I'll be working toward some variety of DWC. I'll post pics of the plant tonight as well. To anyone considering this route, I think it can be achieved, but it'll take circulating the fog and it'll take creating fog and circulating it with a large degree of precision. Long story short, for the headaches of setup and dialing things in, I just don't have the experience I need with the plant to diagnose its behavior. With this much time and money in, I'm ready for results, and I'll switch systems to get them.

really liking your setup man, I'm subbed to see how it turns out

Okay guys, should I start the new system in this thread, or in a new thread? It's gonna be a CAI Webcontrol controlled, plain ol' chilled DWC. Ought to be pretty straightforward.

Plants are looking very good now, btw. Refer to the last pic I posted in the thread. This is the difference today:

IMG_18076.JPG

The last pic I posted is the plant on the right after 2 weeks of DWC treatment. Every day I wake up to a significantly larger plant. I'm pretty sure I've seen as much growth in 1 week as I saw through my entire fogponics attempt. I don't blame that on fogponics, just my understanding/execution were poor.

Edit: Ah, I just read Nate's post. I'll make a new thread and post a link here when it's up. Thanks guys! Looking forward to playing with the Webcontrol.

This'll probably be my last post in this grow journal. I've been really busy writing the explanation and such for the new one. I wanted to give you guys a quick update, though. So, here are the plants at 3-4 weeks of DWC.

IMG_18219.jpg

IMG_182210.jpg

IMG_18249.jpg

Some of the fans are significantly larger than my hand. :thumb:

I was a bit overwhelmed by their growth explosion so I had to spend a lot of unexpected time setting up the filter and such, which is the primary reason I haven't started the new journal. I also slipped and didn't watch for sex indicators as it was growing, so I'm gonna have to check that in flowering. I've also been focusing a lot on programming the WebControl, but more on that in the new journal.

Looks like we're on track, here; and I've switched them to 12/12 as of tonight. :allgood:

Still working on the new journal and setting up for the next grow. I'll start the next journal around when I get the seeds in the planter. I'll be going with some Sensi Seeds NL#5xHaze next time; got 'em on-hand. Non-feminized, so we'll have to hope I get a female out of 3 seeds.

Lots of upgrades to the cabinet which will be discussed in the new journal. Status of first grow is 1xMale (killed), 1xHermaphrodite (probably due to the TONS of stress this plant has been through since germination. Everything from dark interruptions to nutrient burn to frozen/cut roots to light burn and starving for water and/or air.) I'm finishing out the hermaphrodite since I just can't bring myself kill my whole first crop, and that looks like it was the right decision. The renovations before the next grow will give me time to clean up any pollen.

Pictures of progress:
IMG_18639.jpg

IMG_18569.jpg
IMG_18515.jpg

IMG_18657.jpg
IMG_186111.jpg

IMG_186811.jpg

We doin' it right?:smokin:

Hi am currently building my own fogponics DWC sysItem it will be my first attempt I would like to share info with u about my system and hopefully learn more about what I can use or do to make my grow better. Here is where im at

Im using 2 45gal totes with lids I have 2 airstones with air pump one small water pump 2 alpine foggers and assorted hosing and Pvc. I have A couple timers good ones down to the min with battery back ups. 2 300 watt full spectrum Led lights And im using blue planet nutrients.

So my plan is to have the foggers running in their own tote with 1 airstone. And the rest of my setup for DWC in the other tote. With my net pots and so on so fourth. Know my idea is to put the fogger unit up higher than the DWC about 5 or 6 in than connect the two reservoirs. With A large peace of stainless ducting and sealing it from bolth sides. So the plan is that my water pump will be cycling the water from the DWC back to the fogger and when it over flows it will simply run back to the DWC carrying the fog in the air above it. What do u think. Im going to take some pics soon as my nutrients show up and my foggers arrive in the mail. Im unsure as to the ti.ing and nutrient levels for maximum effectivness. Or if I should perhaps run the foggers seperate not circulating the water between bolth reservoirs and just pumping fog in since the foggers seem to develope issues at around 500 ppm. So I was thinking of running the fogger solution at 400 or so and than run the DWC obviously higher but still let the foggers push fog into the DWC

Back
Top Bottom