Dark Angel in flower

ditchxx

I'm about two weeks in. This strain is tough as nails. A huge pot turned over and landed on top of one of these girls. It was like that all night and, somehow she bent but didn't break anywhere. Next morning, picked it up, gave it more dirt fed it and...bam...it's my best plant...lol. They're big and beautiful, smell amazing and the tallest is about 4 ft. including the pot. They're very bushy and they have these huge fan leaves which I'm wondering about. I don't know about the high from this. I've never met anyone who's even smoked it let alone grown it. Any advice on these huge fan leaves? Are they soaking up light for the buds? The buds need them to develop? Please advise.

Ditch

sometimes a little shock is good for kicking a plant in high gear- sometimes not. i would say trimming of fan leaves is # 1 debate between growers. put some pics up so we can look over the plants. i lay down and look at my plants from underneath, seeing how the light penatrates the canopy.if your getting light down to 2 thirds of the plant then your ok. i speak in general terms cause every case is different. my studies show the bottom third of fan leaves are for the roots and bottom third of the plant.(i never trim these-i would rather trim the bottom branches than those fan leaves). side note-im watching news.we have the worldds highest zoo in co, just had baby giraffe, cutest face ever. if growing indoors, you can compinsate for some of the functions those fan leaves do, if you trim them.never trim alot at once. on occasion i will trim the biggest fans down from the top then skip 2 branch nodes down farther then trim the fans that are the oppiastite from ones trimmed above. typically for me its a matter of discipline not to trim.im usually always glad i didnt in the end. if you look at my pics youll see where ive tied up fans for a couple days at a time just to get light in for the preflowers jump started then forget it. i spin my plant 180 2 times a day somtimes.usuall once. also if i go over my plants i can usuall just tuck any leaves that are over flower sights to the side. ive trimmed fan leaves back about 50 %.half of leaf volume.cut just the blades of leaf that r too long. at about 3 weeks into flower plants have stopped beast mode and i think that is the only time to do decided trimming.you can also do a little supper cropping on fan leaves.i do just about everything to keep em on. my opinion would be trimming fan leaves gives you more flowers.(more popcorn), not trimming gives you less buds but bigger frostier colas and topps. well that aught to get you thinking.

Theoretically this makes sense, you stressed your plant out probably by making it think an animal was stepping or laying on it as this would happen naturally in nature , this causes plants to thicken their stems , it is a fairly common practice to bend stems and plants down on a regular basis without snapping the stems, some people even snap the stems on purpose and then mend them , it causes a stunt in vertical growth while the plant is focusing on healing itself.

Also ithinkican is right about the fan leaves I think, from personal experience chopping fan leaves exposes your smaller inner stems to more light causing the plant to focus on development there reducing the amount of energy spent on Colas, however Phenos will have a play in this also, ive seen picture of a few plants that had more or less 95% fan leaves chopped during flower and the colas were as big as someones forearm.

Experiment!

sometimes a little shock is good for kicking a plant in high gear- sometimes not. i would say trimming of fan leaves is # 1 debate between growers. put some pics up so we can look over the plants. i lay down and look at my plants from underneath, seeing how the light penatrates the canopy.if your getting light down to 2 thirds of the plant then your ok. i speak in general terms cause every case is different. my studies show the bottom third of fan leaves are for the roots and bottom third of the plant.(i never trim these-i would rather trim the bottom branches than those fan leaves). side note-im watching news.we have the worldds highest zoo in co, just had baby giraffe, cutest face ever. if growing indoors, you can compinsate for some of the functions those fan leaves do, if you trim them.never trim alot at once. on occasion i will trim the biggest fans down from the top then skip 2 branch nodes down farther then trim the fans that are the oppiastite from ones trimmed above. typically for me its a matter of discipline not to trim.im usually always glad i didnt in the end. if you look at my pics youll see where ive tied up fans for a couple days at a time just to get light in for the preflowers jump started then forget it. i spin my plant 180 2 times a day somtimes.usuall once. also if i go over my plants i can usuall just tuck any leaves that are over flower sights to the side. ive trimmed fan leaves back about 50 %.half of leaf volume.cut just the blades of leaf that r too long. at about 3 weeks into flower plants have stopped beast mode and i think that is the only time to do decided trimming.you can also do a little supper cropping on fan leaves.i do just about everything to keep em on. my opinion would be trimming fan leaves gives you more flowers.(more popcorn), not trimming gives you less buds but bigger frostier colas and topps. well that aught to get you thinking.

420-magazine-mobile1962733741.jpg
420-magazine-mobile261067412.jpg
420-magazine-mobile634466784.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1687966766.jpg
420-magazine-mobile265364009.jpg

And some pics

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

they look fine to me.also the plant has to poooop. when waste is generated in the root zone the plant sends the appropriate waste to the lower fan leaves where it is stored untill the leaf is full then the plant discards the leaf.the plant stores waste everywhere depending on the waste.usually in those big fan leaves. what it comes down to is a personal preference and if you really know your strain, youll know when to do it.just ask yourself why do i want to trim these leaves, then act according.outdoors i dont trim ever.indoors, on occasion when they are just too big.hope this helps sir.

I don't really want to trim anything that's not dead. These plants know what do ;-) I real last year when I I was about flower and took a note. Then I had a disaster which shut things down. This time around I found the note checked you guys. Good advice thanks

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom